New Stadium To Call Home?

61 years ,I've been around here , love to hear the reasons probably the county has there hand out.

Seriously please share why ?

GOCANES

this story has gone back since well before FIU built their stadium. the original ideal plan was for UM and FIU to share the tropical park site. FIU didnt want to share a stadium w Miami esp at that capacity. they also wanted their own on campus stadium. after that, the tropical park site was pretty much done. the upgrades ross put into HRS has made the entire point moot tho as HRS is an upgraded world class facility

Advertisement
HRS is an awesome stadium for sure , having your own stadium for a national championship contender team close to campus would be impressive.

I keep harping on Tropical Park because large area plenty parking with 826 , I95 and turnpike down towards SW 117 and Bird Road access large park area picnic area.
It's the largest land section that's close to UM , has anyone here seen this park very nice , there's a football stadium there for high school football.

It's just a nice site with plenty room in a nice area , or do we always have to put stadiums is high crime areas ?

GOCANES
Every Stadium (because land is cheap) are in less than desirable places....Nothing new...

Every Stadium (because land is cheap) are in less than desirable places....Nothing new...

pretty much esp ones that require large space like football stadiums. check out the immediate surrounding area to lockhart, CWS in orlando. also, the immediate surrounding area around tropical park isnt miracle mile lol. its more west miami than it is gables. also, its miami. theres a hood next to every nice area. across the street from campus across red where red road commons is located is pretty much hood.

I can only imagine what the stadiums take is per Canes home games , compared to keeping all the revenue from every sale in your own stadium.?

GOCANES

I can only imagine what the stadiums take is per Canes home games , compared to keeping all the revenue from every sale in your own stadium.?

GOCANES
Compared to upkeep, staffing, and diminished sales from a smaller, further south stadium?

If it was in UM's best interests to have a closer stadium, you'd hear about it from the administration.

Advertisement
Ok , I guess on campus or very close to campus stadiums are out of style and renting is much wiser many miles away , also when it does come up we can all shoot it down with these same arguments.

It just would be a very nice place close to the U.

GOCANES

GOCANES

How much does it cost to build and maintain your own 65,000 seat stadium?

Ok , I guess on campus or very close to campus stadiums are out of style and renting is much wiser many miles away , also when it does come up we can all shoot it down with these same arguments.

It just would be a very nice place close to the U.

GOCANES

Finally your honest answer, because it would be nice.

Advertisement
it wasnt a well thought out plan. we barely put together funds for an IPF, but now were going to build a 65k seat stadium thatll be worse than the perfectly fine stadium 30 min north.

WOW ,this brought me back to reality , I concur nice,I stand corrected :)

GOCANES

Them boys will be at Lockhart? That area is ummm, interesting lol. I remember that place from when I went to Lauderdale Lakes Middle.

You're right, I've never been to Hard Rock or Sun Life. I just became a fan in 2017.

Keep letting the words I put on your screen affect u though.

That's kind of the point, though. You shouldn't chime in on this conversation seeing as though we've been having it for the better part of 12 years since leaving the OB. Everything changed when you became a fan (2017), people took notice about what HRS could be when the team is winning. I don't think I've seen a real fan complain about it since then.

HRS is the fvckin' ****. The tailgates, the roof, the amenities, everything.

I was a student too... getting there isn't an issue. People that make that claim weren't going to make it to a game regardless.

Sidenote: I'd like to point out that you've been making claims about our tradition, uniforms, and a myriad of other things but you've just recently become a fan. Not to sound like a ****, but you should be leaving these conversations for the vets. You can have your opinions but opining for new stadiums and vice-city threads is not where your head should be at.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was a student too... getting there isn't an issue. People that make that claim weren't going to make it to a game regardless.
Well said. This is a soft excuse that fair weather fans use to support why they don't attend games. Yeah, it takes a while to get to HRS from campus. But it took a while to get to the old OB on a slow moving bus with a keg in the back as well. If you WANT to go to the game, you'll be there, even in Miami Gardens.

That's kind of the point, though. You shouldn't chime in on this conversation seeing as though we've been having it for the better part of 12 years since leaving the OB. Everything changed when you became a fan (2017), people took notice about what HRS could be when the team is winning. I don't think I've seen a real fan complain about it since then.

HRS is the fvckin' ****. The tailgates, the roof, the amenities, everything.

Sidenote: I'd like to point out that you've been making claims about our tradition, uniforms, and a myriad of other things but you've just recently become a fan. Not to sound like a ****, but you should be leaving these conversations for the vets. You can have your opinions but opining for new stadiums and vice-city threads is not where your head should be at.

Advertisement
I thought I heard on the radio the other day that Beckham group was still considering a location in overtown.

Also pretty sure they originally discussed a joint stadium but UM wanted 50K seats and Beckham is shooting for half of that.

Advertisement
Back