New stadium, Is it happening?

Typical UM scenario:

We go do our own stadium thing, and it ends up sucking ***, having an awkward soccer feel...

Meanwhile, sunlifes renovations are badass and it's the best stadium in the country.

We cursed

Best stadium in the country? GTFOH

Advertisement
I would wait til after Sun Life is fully renovated and see how It is before I signed another deal. The renderings look pretty awesome. Plus they they will most likely pay to get out of the lease now. They'll make another dumb decision and make a deal with the Beckham group and that stadium will be a cheap *** piece of ****.

Ross stepped up to the plate and is doing the necessary. Wait and see before you react.

Advertisement
You guys are setting yourselves up for a major disappointment. Ross isnt letting us of the lease, and if we are too cheap to pay an extra $2MM a year for a big time coach, what makes anyone think we would contribute to a building a stadium.

UM has very little cash....will take some creative financing to pay a buyout and fund a part of the stadium.

Typical UM scenario:

We go do our own stadium thing, and it ends up sucking ***, having an awkward soccer feel...

Meanwhile, sunlifes renovations are badass and it's the best stadium in the country.

We cursed

He meant "best NFL stadium in the county".

Still. GTFOH

No way. Once that canopy is on and those recliners installed in the fake living room seats then Ross will easily have the best pro football venue in alllllllll of Dade County.

Advertisement
AT&T stadium in Arlington is the best stadium in the NFL and its not even close. For those of you that haven't seen it in person make the trip for the LSU vs Miami game it will be worth it.

Typical UM scenario:

We cursed

He meant "best NFL stadium in the county".

Still. GTFOH

I would wait til after Sun Life is fully renovated and see how It is before I signed another deal. The renderings look pretty awesome. Plus they they will most likely pay to get out of the lease now. They'll make another dumb decision and make a deal with the Beckham group and that stadium will be a cheap *** piece of ****.

Ross stepped up to the plate and is doing the necessary. Wait and see before you react.

Ross could plate the entire venue in gold and it wouldn't address our issues with the place. Capacity, location and then amenities are what should be our priorities in that order.

Last edited:

Beckham isn't going to stake his reputation and do something on the cheap. His whole brand is portraying a high class image. If UM partners with Beckham expect the facility to fall in line with his image.

I would fire Golden. They could airlift Oregon's stadium and drop it in Miami and it would suck and look empty with that guy on the sideline. Use the money they are contemplating using for the lease buyout and pay for a real staff.

Advertisement
40k stadium and the destruction of a once proud program is complete.

Yup, come on kids, sign right here to play in front of a packed house. I can't stand Phins place, but the amenities I believe have nothing to do with college football, the recruits love I'd imagine. Sure, Beckham would bring much of the same to his place, but then there's the crowd size issue.

I'd bet just about anything this will not happen.

Shalala's gonna go through the motions, sit through a meeting or two, in the end say "the situation wasn't right for us, and we are happy at Sun Life".

Troll we be dead and gone when the current lease at Sun Life expires, and, without any leverage, the Dolphins fleece us. She likes the perception that she has the program's best interests at heart, but most likely all she's worried about are box seats for the wine and cheese crowd.

Advertisement
Typical UM scenario:

We cursed

Obligatory gif is obligatory.

no_michael_bluth.gif

It's actually kind of nice to see Miami accepting its role in CFB. Much like Waco and Ft. Worth, miami is not a CFB town. A 45,000 seat stadium near the old OB site(where public transit is an option) partnered with a powerhouse professional sport broker(MLS is the new NHL and Beckham is an international brand).

This would undo the Coker and Shannon hires.

Alf is still unforgivable.

40k stadium and the destruction of a once proud program is complete.

Yup, come on kids, sign right here to play in front of a packed house. I can't stand Phins place, but the amenities I believe have nothing to do with college football, the recruits love I'd imagine. Sure, Beckham would bring much of the same to his place, but then there's the crowd size issue.

I'd bet just about anything this will not happen.

TCU and Baylor (both small private schools like the U) have stadiums that seat 45,000 people and it hasn't hurt their programs. A stadium 40-45k should be fine for UM needs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back