New Rule....

it happens. u can't stop recruiting 5 stars or 4 star players because they decommit. truth is u should tell kids to wait and that they have a spot in class if want it but only commit if they know want to be canes and have no interest in others,

sometimes since golden maybe even before it seemed kids would use Miami offer to get other offers and would commit to Miami knowing if got offer from someone else would decommit. I don't think that will be as huge a problem for richt as he gets this team winning but u hope kids start to realize Miami is once again a go to school not there 2nd choice.

Advertisement
Because a kid doesn't know what he wants, you want to shoot yourself in the foot? If there was a reason you wanted him in the first place, you don't get rustled, you show the kid you're an adult and understand what he's going through.

So why commit if you're not sure what you want. I hear what you're saying but I'm tired of these kids taking a Miami offer for granted.

On another thread I read how we were number one in decommitments. That's ridiculous.
Miami has been kinda ridiculous for a few coaches now. Maybe down the road when the Canes have climbed all the way out of the hole Randy and Al dug, then the coaches can play hard ball. For now, you take it on the chin and do what you have to do to get back to where kids start looking at you as a destination and instead of a stepping stone offer. I think that if Miami starts winning the coastal on the reg, stack some ACC championships, and start being a regular in the discussion for the playoffs, recruits will take a Miami offer a lot more seriously.

Advertisement
Back