New Rule....

Advertisement
This is obviously about Henderson & Edwards, in hindsight the staff should have moved on from both

Ameer Speed & Collier were for the taking

I don't want a kid to commit to us unless he can stay committed

Both Ahmmon Richards and Zach McCloud in the 2016 class, I believe. Maybe another I'm missing

Richards, McCloud, Perry are bad examples.

They decommitted because of a coaching change, it was a specific circumstance.

There is a difference between that and someone decommitting within a cycle.

Advertisement
Because a kid doesn't know what he wants, you want to shoot yourself in the foot? If there was a reason you wanted him in the first place, you don't get rustled, you show the kid you're an adult and understand what he's going through.

Any time a kid says, "Miami was my dream school growing up" we should make an announcement saying we don't want that kid. That way they can stop using us for bigger bags.

Because a kid doesn't know what he wants, you want to shoot yourself in the foot? If there was a reason you wanted him in the first place, you don't get rustled, you show the kid you're an adult and understand what he's going through.

So why commit if you're not sure what you want. I hear what you're saying but I'm tired of these kids taking a Miami offer for granted.

On another thread I read how we were number one in decommitments. That's ridiculous.

Both Ahmmon Richards and Zach McCloud in the 2016 class, I believe. Maybe another I'm missing

You're right. I was just answering OP's question, but I agree there is definitely an asterisk there in this context.

Advertisement
If a kid commits to Miami, then decommits, we should stop recruiting him... Agree or disagree?

Honest questions since I have only been following recruiting for a few years.

Who was the last player to commit, decomitt, then sign with Miami?

PS: **** Henderson

They might have said because of coaching change but they was wavering before that. Bama and auburn was coming hard for Richards and mccloud

If a kid commits to Miami, then decommits, we should stop recruiting him... Agree or disagree?

They might have said because of coaching change but they was wavering before that. Bama and auburn was coming hard for Richards and mccloud

This is also true. Ahmmon was certainly high on Bama for a while.

Michigan signed Aubrey Soliman who decommitted from them early on. Now do you think they would agree with this or laugh at it? Fact is Henderson never wanted to be here

Advertisement
Michigan signed Aubrey Soliman who decommitted from them early on. Now do you think they would agree with this or laugh at it? Fact is Henderson never wanted to be here

Don't follow Michigan recruiting but good point.

I like what @arinad said. Case by case basis. BJ Henderson should been dropped long time ago if he had such a bad attitude.

Advertisement

Don't follow Michigan recruiting but good point.

I like what @arinad said. Case by case basis. BJ Henderson should been dropped long time ago if he had such a bad attitude.
I agree and I think Rumph and the staff will learn from that

Ahmmon richards
Zach mccloud
Nkosi perry
Shut up with that nonsense

Yep. And what was the common circumstance with those 3 that no longer exists? And how many times had that decommit/recommit deal happened when that circumstance wasn't present?

We need to quit fcking around with wishy washy bytches and focus energy on men. If clowns don't want to go public with their commitment, then they're not committed. Keep recruiting.

If they decommit, just know they 95% aren't coming and govern your actions accordingly. Spend a little time on them but play the percentages. Realize that the overwhelming majority of the time decommits don't come back.

It's a case by case thing. Coaches should always inquire on a decommit if the player was always a take. You just gauge his interest from there.

Someone make this guy coach lol. If we did this, we'd have like no recruits.

Advertisement
Back