Confirmed New RB Coach - Matt Merritt (from USF)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well it's not Dennis Smith.
Kim Kardashian Win GIF by The Roku Channel

What's the scoop on this guy? Can he coach, can he recruit? what's his approach to RBs? Does he do RB by committee or prefer one lead back?

Advertisement
I'm not gonna knock the hire.

I will point out that that over the last year Mario has given this guy, JT, Woodiel and both coordinators their first P5 jobs. This board would burn to the ground if this was any other coach.

Just let Addae be next (and hopefully its someone who at least has a wikipedia page).

Advertisement
Nice background on him. I guess this is his first big time gig. Should be hungry to prove himself among the big boys. Young and hungry coaches seem to be the wave for Mario after the year 1 debacle with the coaching staff.

I'm not gonna knock the hire.

I will point out that that over the last year Mario has given this guy, JT, Woodiel and both coordinators their first P5 jobs. This board would burn to the ground if this was any other coach.

Just let Addae be next (and hopefully its someone who at least has a wikipedia page).
Not really... JT and Guidry have been massive hits. Also Dawson was OC at West Virginia and Kentucky, both P5s.

Advertisement
Back