New QB offered

Advertisement
Mechanics are harder to teach than people think. Footwork is actually the place were you start with this kid now (which is terrible) and give him almost 2 years to get it fixed. Once you've established that change, you can move on to the next one (mechanics).

There will be movement with this QB class. Some people think Edouard won't stick and that Kaaya could be in this class sooner than later.

What's the deal Pete? Staff doesn't think he will stick or just rumor?

His remark give off the vibe that he wants to be a Cane but perhaps he isn't hearing from them (maybe cooling on him) as much as he would like.

There will be movement with this QB class. Some people think Edouard won't stick and that Kaaya could be in this class sooner than later.

His remark give off the vibe that he wants to be a Cane but perhaps he isn't hearing from them (maybe cooling on him) as much as he would like.
I think he wants to be the only qb in the class

Advertisement

I think he wants to be the only qb in the class

As fn I have heard for months that their would most likely be 2 qbs in this class so you have to think he knew about that. Plus he hasn't really been all over like some other recruits who you know are trolling. One more thing if he's lieing about the staff not contacting him they probably would've dropped him for being negative for no reason so i just think that he's telling the truth with the staff possibly cooling on him

sloppy, footwork.
big kid that you will have to worry about weight gain
raw

I wouldnt be all over this kid right now....he would be a fall back for me....please no Cam Newton comparisons...this kid isnt fast at all.

Advertisement
I went into watching his videos thinking I wasn't going to like this kid but he has a great arm, great footwork & touch. He's also surprisingly fast for as big as he is. He reminds me more of Logan Thomas than EJ but with better mechanics. Completely changed my mind watching his videos.

don't want either of those guys QBing my squad.. a good passer that CAN run is one thing.. but you have to be able to sling it.

Canes would do good to offer Freebeck. At 6'5 and over 200 lbs he is putting some good muscle on his frame. Accurate and strong arm. He left Western after a great junior year. He is St Thomas now and you konw they wouldnt be putting him behind center if they didnt think he had what it takes for big time football program. Guess we will see this spring.

Name: Donovan Isom

Hometown/School: Destrehan, LA (Destrehan)
HT: 6’-4” | WT: 215 | 40:
Season Stats: 193 Att | 122 CPL | 1,805 YDS | 16 TDS | 7 INT
247Sports Composite: Rating: 84 Rank: #48 PRO
Scouting Report (s): na
Schools of Interest: (10) AZ State, Ole Miss, Miami, Tulane, La. Tech.
Leader(s): AZ State, Ole Miss, Miami,
Chance: Good

UPDATES:

4/21/13: Miami offers QB prospect Donovan Isom from Destrehan, La. Donovan is rated 84 and ranks as the #48 PRO Passer in the nation by 247Sports Composite. However, only 247 Sports has rated and ranked this prospect. Look for them to change in the future.

Donovan is a big athlete QB with a cannon arm. However, he’s very raw. Upside is J. Russell of LSU days. Low side is J. Russell of the Raiders. Obvious project for Coach Coley.

VIDEO: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1095267/highlights/16932382

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back