New podcast - Recruiting Updates and Bubba Baxa

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
I go down the list of Miami commits and lay out where their recruitment stands.

New Miami kicker commit Bubba Baxa also joins the show.

[SOUNDCLOUD]325702829[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Can you do the same for our targets too pete?
Any recent news for ty Campbell and Briggs
Also has kool changed his stance on offering chatfield?
By the way great podcast too, bubba baxa seems like a humble kid

Last edited:

I'll do that podcast next week.

Chatfield still not an offer for Miami but I know Kool is still in contact with him.

Bubba didn't know what yeezys were!!

Feeling good about the class now. Seems like the only two who are legitimate threats to bounce are Nesta and Art. I really would like to keep Nesta due to the DT exodus that's incoming after this season and ofcourse the AH pipeline.

Chatfield still not an offer for Miami but I know Kool is still in contact with him.

Pete, just tell em that you do not think that Chatfield committing to O$U will influence Nesta Silvera and Tyson Campbell.

Advertisement
LETS GOOO! That interview made me wanna run through some drywall Reagan Mauia style.

Great podcast.

Superb restraint in not going full FAKE NEWS there at the beginning.

Could be recruiting related or not, but as you mentioned there was a pic of coach richt wearing yeezy's with bubba baxa last week. Do you think Miami will potentially get yeezy shoes for the team personalized like some of the other schools(Jordan -Michigan themed shoes), Texas(Air Force one themed shoes) and so forth.

Also it was very interesting that you said the class was pretty much full and the silent commits and guys that have told miami they are coming know that. Consider that we are taking 26-28 guys that's a **** of a hint to say the least

Advertisement

Could be recruiting related or not, but as you mentioned there was a pic of coach richt wearing yeezy's with bubba baxa last week. Do you think Miami will potentially get yeezy shoes for the team personalized like some of the other schools(Jordan -Michigan themed shoes), Texas(Air Force one themed shoes) and so forth.

Also it was very interesting that you said the class was pretty much full and the silent commits and guys that have told miami they are coming know that. Consider that we are taking 26-28 guys that's a **** of a hint to say the least

This isn't meant to start an argument because Adidas is our brand for the long run and we're stuck with it.

But, to your point, this is what ****es me off about adidas. We shouldn't be asking will we get those Yeezys. They should have already been done. Last season when a few of their NFL guys rocked them it was a big moment. Miami SHOULD have had custom Yeezys for the FSU game. A Primetime game against a rival. They should have been way ahead of the game on this. It was pathetic not seeing us and Louisville have those shoes. The Yeezys have become mainstream now and that rareness is dwindling. I still think we should have them but last year would have been a bigger moment. Croots would have loved it. And don't talk to me about no NCAA rules. OSU had the cleanest LeBron Solider ten customs I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't meant to start an argument because Adidas is our brand for the long run and we're stuck with it.

But, to your point, this is what ****es me off about adidas. We shouldn't be asking will we get those Yeezys. They should have already been done. Last season when a few of their NFL guys rocked them it was a big moment. Miami SHOULD have had custom Yeezys for the FSU game. A Primetime game against a rival. They should have been way ahead of the game on this. It was pathetic not seeing us and Louisville have those shoes. The Yeezys have become mainstream now and that rareness is dwindling. I still think we should have them but last year would have been a bigger moment. Croots would have loved it. And don't talk to me about no NCAA rules. OSU had the cleanest LeBron Solider ten customs I've seen.

I know you are a nike fan, I am too. We have had this discussion in the past but you can't deny adidas is on the come up even more so since we decided to switch to them. The Yeezy, adidas nmd, ultra boost amongst others has revitalized the brand. Not to mention the partnership has been good to us. For the first time in years we looked like Miami with those uniforms. And another point we are getting new unis again this year as well from them I believe. No question though the yeezy personalized shoe will combat any school giving out jordans like Michigan or something. Yeezy's are more exclusive and doing numbers in the shoe game. Recruits would love it

Advertisement

Pete, just tell em that you do not think that Chatfield committing to O$U will influence Nesta Silvera and Tyson Campbell.
To make sure it don't happen just get chatman

Am I the only one who couldn't stop laughing at some of Baxa's responses, especially his last one: "no, I'm good!" Lol.

I don't want to question Kool but a lot of dudes on here really like him. Not sure he's the key to Silvera and Campbell but having him in the fold wouldn't be a bad thing.

Advertisement

I don't want to question Kool but a lot of dudes on here really like him. Not sure he's the key to Silvera and Campbell but having him in the fold wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm going to question him I don't care what he has done In the past. We need 3 to 4 DT in this class can't sit around and slow play a top DE especially when it will help with other top recruits. Lock down South Fl

Thanks, Pete. It's crazy to think summer camps have only kicked off just now, we're still over a month away from Paradise camp, and have 18 solid recruits and at least another three more circling the net in Blades, Louis and Reese. That should be a big weekend for us.

Nice feedback by Baxa on Harley. We've got a good mix of hardcore recruiters in Banda, Dugans and Harley, and wise monkeys in Kool, Diaz and Brown (and Richt). Close this class the way it's trending, and our team might be a little on the young side still, but we won't have many (any) gaps in talent.

Bubba is awesome, that little back and forth about the Yeezys and he part about the rest of the players doing the hard work and he just kicks a ball is priceless. Coaches are gonna love him.

As for you Pete, thanks for the extra info and always keeping us updated. You do a great job of keeping us satisfied while maintaining your serious reputation. People on the board will always get their panties in a bunch when recruits aren't acting like Deejay Dallas's and Lorenzo Lingard's, but hopefully this will let the, know that recruiting ain't for the weak and here at CIS, #SavagesPostWithSavages

Advertisement
Back