New podcast - Recruiting Updates and Bubba Baxa

View as article
What are your thoughts on the DT and OL positions? Think we finish strong there?

If we finish with just Briggs to go with nesta that's a strong finish in itself. Both will end up in the top 200 after the season is over.

If one of norton/mcintosh/Willis stay
To go along with
Bethel(who is really impressing since spring)
Jon ford
Martin
Nesta
Briggs
if one of those dends get big enough they can play a 3 technique too.
We should take 2-3 dt in this class and be fine

All of our 2 deep Dts will be gone after this season for what that's worth

Well yeah moten is a senior.
Hope those guys have a great year and get drafted in a good spot and not leave if they aren't supposed to

The only one with cause for concern based on injury history & character concerns is Gerald. But He's leaving regardless. I hope he balls so it's justified though. He's got more natural talent than any of them. Thus far he's his own worst enemy. Just get out the way for that & play ball.

Seems like he's doing much better in staying out of trouble than in Gainesville. Hope he has a great season as well. When he was healthy last year he always made plays

Advertisement
This Bubba kid is an interesting cat...Dexter-ish, but interesting. IF he's an ice cold assassin kicking that **** ball, then I'm all in!

Petey, there was a different bounce in your voice tonight, Primo...not sure if you hit that potion before the show, but if you did...you need to crush those Cuba Libre's as a pre-game ritual from here on out cause your on air personality is starting to shape up nicely.

If we finish with just Briggs to go with nesta that's a strong finish in itself. Both will end up in the top 200 after the season is over.

To go along with
Jon ford
Martin
Nesta
Briggs

Well yeah moten is a senior.
Hope those guys have a great year and get drafted in a good spot and not leave if they aren't supposed to

The only one with cause for concern based on injury history & character concerns is Gerald. But He's leaving regardless. I hope he balls so it's justified though. He's got more natural talent than any of them. Thus far he's his own worst enemy. Just get out the way for that & play ball.

Seems like he's doing much better in staying out of trouble than in Gainesville. Hope he has a great season as well. When he was healthy last year he always made plays

This is why I always get concerned for kids & don't understand the cote parenting that should be going on. Anyone who's been to Gainesville knows those people up there are very much into bigotry. It's not so much just black and white as it is country & civil... those people HATE city kids. Long as the town itself still is a good ole boy network it will never change. Meanwhile kids like Callaway etc have their lives torn apart

Wait...pete said between the public and silent committs the class is pretty much full. ****. i had to listen to the podcast again just to confirm.

Been told y'all that for months. People are literally lined up to jump on board this year. Warms my heart to know we back to the old days of "either get on this train or get ran the **** over "

What are your thoughts on the DT and OL positions? Think we finish strong there?

To go along with
Jon ford
Martin
Nesta
Briggs

How can I downvote the bad news, not the messenger?

Advertisement
Other than Blades, silent means uncommitted. They may be silent leans, but why would t they verbal commit publicly? It's not like other programs stop recruiting our commits when they go public.

The vast majority of our silents aren't that way by there choice. They are silents because strategically we are trying to pace everything out so momentum seems to keep coming in waves. Yes that is risky but richt seems comfortable in the risk being minimal.several of them are pretty big names.

That is super exciting, Dee. I hope they stick until they are given the green light to go public.

When Pete goes player by player, he predicts they all stick, but in his submission, he says the not all of them will. That's a little strange.

Other than Blades, silent means uncommitted. They may be silent leans, but why would t they verbal commit publicly? It's not like other programs stop recruiting our commits when they go public.

The vast majority of our silents aren't that way by there choice. They are silents because strategically we are trying to pace everything out so momentum seems to keep coming in waves. Yes that is risky but richt seems comfortable in the risk being minimal.several of them are pretty big names.

That is super exciting, Dee. I hope they stick until they are given the green light to go public.

That's the tricky part to doing things this way. If any of them get in their feelings like we aren't giving them they're moment or prioritizing them we can easily lose a kid.

That's the tricky part to doing things this way. If any of them get in their feelings like we aren't giving them they're moment or prioritizing them we can easily lose a kid.

True but with the kids you know of do any of them have that type of personality that would feel that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

True but with the kids you know of do any of them have that type of personality that would feel that way?

Is be full of crap if I told you I know the personality of the majority of these kids. Except 2 of them that I can think of everyone is after them. For some reason it does seem important to staff to be able to hold on & close with if not with the #1 class no worse than the top 3.

Is be full of crap if I told you I know the personality of the majority of these kids. Except 2 of them that I can think of everyone is after them. For some reason it does seem important to staff to be able to hold on & close with if not with the #1 class no worse than the top 3.

I agree. I see a top 3 classes as O$U is something else right now. So at worse 2 at this point in the year.

The thing is we already have like 4 kids teetering on being 5 stars. We could easily end up after the season with 5-7 5 stars if they get fair evaluations.

The thing is we already have like 4 kids teetering on being 5 stars. We could easily end up after the season with 5-7 5 stars if they get fair evaluations.

Fair evals with Miami commits? lol.

You should know better than anyone, given Hightower's ridiculous, unexplained drop this Spring, that's just not going to happen.

Advertisement
Yeah. I try to keep my personal feelings out of it as i do understand the politics behind it. Rankings are just for the fans and each site gives rankings based upon subscription bases & hits etc. But ****. My thing is kids really care about this ****. How can you live with making a kid question his value or self worth simply because a fan base spends more than another or a kids name isn't as commonly searched. Dj Ivey is a perfect example to me. He is easily just as talented as any of our other db recruits yet he's a 3 star? Thats not because of playing time last year...

Why would a recruit be a silent commit?Number of reasons.1).Mama may not be on board with that decision.2)The free trips
are certainly going to slow down if you publicly commit.3.)Keeps the commit's options somewhat open,because he publicly
commits,does not mean he will be admitted,think Duke,Stanford and the U.

Why would a recruit be a silent commit?Number of reasons.1).Mama may not be on board with that decision.2)The free trips
are certainly going to slow down if you publicly commit.3.)Keeps the commit's options somewhat open,because he publicly
commits,does not mean he will be admitted,think Duke,Stanford and the U.
It's all about having sustained momentum

Advertisement
The vast majority of our silents aren't that way by there choice. They are silents because strategically we are trying to pace everything out so momentum seems to keep coming in waves. Yes that is risky but richt seems comfortable in the risk being minimal.several of them are pretty big names.[/QUOTE]
Actually its brilliant on the part of Richt.For ex.if he tells a recruit like Campbell we would like you to commit on Dec.10.We will have a place for you
Dec.10.If you choose not to commit on Dec.10,you are telling the U I am going in a different direction ,so the U should also.

Wait...pete said between the public and silent committs the class is pretty much full. ****. i had to listen to the podcast again just to confirm.

Been told y'all that for months. People are literally lined up to jump on board this year. Warms my heart to know we back to the old days of "either get on this train or get ran the **** over "

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back