New OL offer Michael Mclaughlin (Commits!)

Advertisement
It's so, so funny. Good coaches and people connected to the program (Lashlee, Reed) believe in what Manny is trying to do. Former players believe in what Manny is trying to do. Top-notch transfer players believe in what Manny is trying to do. And highly-rated recruits believe in what Manny is trying to do.

All of them collectively know more about football and have better information on what is happening at Miami than the fanbase does. And the majority of the fanbase does not believe in what Manny is trying to do.
Maybe because he ******* completely failed his first year.
Is it possible he improves? Yes. But all this "what he's trying to do" is just BS. Why didn't he just do it last season instead of sucking?

Advertisement
It's so, so funny. Good coaches and people connected to the program (Lashlee, Reed) believe in what Manny is trying to do. Former players believe in what Manny is trying to do. Top-notch transfer players believe in what Manny is trying to do. And highly-rated recruits believe in what Manny is trying to do.

All of them collectively know more about football and have better information on what is happening at Miami than the fanbase does. And the majority of the fanbase does not believe in what Manny is trying to do.
Not trying to be a **** at all here but I promise you there are a bunch off non canes on here pretending to be canes in an effort to mislead family members of certain recruits. I can't recall the recruit because it was a dam long time ago when we were all on rivals, some one literally pretended to be a cane and got all into with a offensive line recruits mom and she got all bent out of shape over it. In the end they literally choose another school because of it. I think this was back in 2004-2005ish.

My point is a large portion of our fan base believe in what Manny is doing and hope he succeeds. Honestly who really wants this guy to fail. If he gets this **** straight and turns the corner it could be a long term deal that we all can smile about. I think were all tired of even the great coaches just coming and going. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Bobby Bowden type long term tenure that gives us 20 plus Years of 10-12 win seasons. Man I think we all deserve that.

Not trying to be a **** at all here but I promise you there are a bunch off non canes on here pretending to be canes in an effort to mislead family members of certain recruits. I can't recall the recruit because it was a dam long time ago when we were all on rivals, some one literally pretended to be a cane and got all into with a offensive line recruits mom and she got all bent out of shape over it. In the end they literally choose another school because of it. I think this was back in 2004-2005ish.

My point is a large portion of our fan base believe in what Manny is doing and hope he succeeds. Honestly who really wants this guy to fail. If he gets this **** straight and turns the corner it could be a long term deal that we all can smile about. I think were all tired of even the great coaches just coming and going. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Bobby Bowden type long term tenure that gives us 20 plus Years of 10-12 win seasons. Man I think we all deserve that.

I totally hear you, but I'm also shrewd enough to ascertain the fakes from the real, and there are at least a couple guys on here I respect and have been chatting with over the years who are decidely anti-Diaz. I agree that it's a "large portion," but probably not the majority. The weird thing is I'd guess 95% of the alumni are good with him right now, and then maybe 40% of the non-alum fans.

Maybe because he ******* completely failed his first year.
Is it possible he improves? Yes. But all this "what he's trying to do" is just BS. Why didn't he just do it last season instead of sucking?

How do you not understand that culture doesn't get fixed in a year, and OL depth doesn't get fixed in a year?

I swear to go it's like most of you guys started paying any attention to football yesterday.

There is ZERO BS about what he's trying to do, it's been discussed ad nauseam, and echoed by former players.

If you don't believe any of it, go back and look at how well Coker recruited and how that turned out.

Advertisement
Simplified.

He's trying to win.

He didn't last year.

He'll try again this year.

It's Spring, hope springs eternal. There's some positive news about the program for sure. No need to rehash last year, but some of us are in show me mode while others are in Spring mode.

How do you not understand that culture doesn't get fixed in a year, and OL depth doesn't get fixed in a year?

I swear to go it's like most of you guys started paying any attention to football yesterday.

There is ZERO BS about what he's trying to do, it's been discussed ad nauseam, and echoed by former players.

If you don't believe any of it, go back and look at how well Coker recruited and how that turned out.
Didn't realize that our culture was so bad that we couldn't beat FIU. Diaz sucked last year, admit that and accept the facts. He's got one shot to right the ship, and if our AD/BOT had any balls he'd be out already.

So he better fix ALL this **** this season, plain and simple. Otherwise we need to bring someone in who can.

Didn't realize that our culture was so bad that we couldn't beat FIU. Diaz sucked last year, admit that and accept the facts. He's got one shot to right the ship, and if our AD/BOT had any balls he'd be out already.

So he better fix ALL this **** this season, plain and simple. Otherwise we need to bring someone in who can.
believe it or not losing to FIU is absolutely a result of a rotten culture or chemistry. there is almost not enough bad coaching moves that can make you lose to such an inferior opponent. almost can only happen if the players just aren't all there mentally.

believe it or not losing to FIU is absolutely a result of a rotten culture or chemistry. there is almost not enough bad coaching moves that can make you lose to such an inferior opponent. almost can only happen if the players just aren't all there mentally.

I would be more open to this argument if the defense that gave up 30 to FIU last season hadn't been coached by Manny (with minimal oversight) since January 2016. If that loss was the result of rotten culture or chemistry, it's rotten culture or chemistry that Manny had a significant role in creating.

Advertisement
I like what I see about this type of prospect, offer timing, acceptance and shutting down recruiting. Hsven’t watched much tape on the kid yet. But tall, long, lean, room to fill out, looks like he will have the hips for OL, that’s a good start. Looks like he has the attitude/mindset to finish blocks. Development for OLs is hard to predict. Feet, balance, hands, punch, those are the questions, imo. But happy to see us proactively targeting and getting commitments from kids who actually project as OTs. Sucks to say that, but we’ve signed very few in a long while.

Advertisement
Back