New OL Coach

CAT5Coming

Redshirt Freshman
Since we're all thirsty as **** for a new OL Coach, let's talk names;

Cole Popovich (NE Patriots Assistant): Learned under two of the best OL coaches ever in the Pat's Scarnecchia and Fresno's Pat Hill. He's young, detail oriented, hungry, has coached at the college level but has pro/Belichick pedigree. Here's an article: https://www.patspulpit.com/2016/7/2...at-fundamental-teacher-of-offensive-line-play
Wil Friend (Tennessee OL Coach) Coached with Richt at UGA, but at $800k most likely out of our price range.
Herb Hand (Texas OL Coach) One of the best in the business, but another one probably out of our price range.
Marcus Johnson (MSU OL) Young coach who is doing a good job recruiting and came up under Cutcliffe and Joe Moorhead
Greg Austin (Nebraska OL Coach) Another young coach who has experience recruiting in SoFla from his very successful time on Frost's staff at UCF.
Allen Mogridge (FIU OL Coach) Coached in the NFL, has recruited SoFla extensively, has coached up the talent they have at FIU.

Who you guys got?

Advertisement
Eugene Chun - Philadelphia Eagles asst ol coach. But most likely staying in the NFL if not he would turn our current players into killers. He has coached under Jeff Stoutland for several years.

Ryan Silverfield - is Memphis oline coach currently he would do wonders in coaching the players and recruiting if we were a primarily zone blocking offense. I am sure how will his units do when asked to man block. He is from Jacksonville so that would help in recruiting as well.

Go Canes

Didn’t the Dallas cowboys fire their oline coach this season? Not too long ago he was referred to as one of the best in the business when Dak and Elliot first got there

Eugene Chun - Philadelphia Eagles asst ol coach. But most likely staying in the NFL if not he would turn our current players into killers. He has coached under Jeff Stoutland for several years.

Ryan Silverfield - is Memphis oline coach currently he would do wonders in coaching the players and recruiting if we were a primarily zone blocking offense. I am sure how will his units do when asked to man block. He is from Jacksonville so that would help in recruiting as well.

Go Canes
Silverfield pppppppppleeeeaaaassse

Advertisement

Go Canes

Is that the former VT o lineman?

Advertisement
Herb Hand and we can help...
ab.jpg

need a complete overhaul on offense, not just a Good OL coach, need an OC and OL line coach style that fits the
scheme. Great teams are built up front on both side of the ball

Advertisement
Popovich is my number one choice.

Scarnecchia is the GOAT and Popovich is his protégé.

This but he is apparently being groomed to replace Scarnecchia.

Scarnecchia is 70-ish so we should just offer him $1M to come coach/mentor for a few years before retiring all together.

My dream scenario is a Chad O’Shea, Jerry Schuplinski, Cole Popovich trio.

O’Shea - OC, Schuplinksi - QB Coach, Popovich - OL.

O’Shea is currently Pats WR coach and Schuplinski is Assistant QB coach.

Advertisement
1a) Mike Munchak- Pittsburgh Steelers

1b) Hector Diaz-Delgado Jr III- Arvida Middle School

Either one would be an upgrade over Searels.

Whoever we hire needs to have the balls to stand up and tell Richt what scheme fits our players. Until that is settled there should not be an offense implemented.

Advertisement
Back