New OL Coach

Since we're all thirsty as **** for a new OL Coach, let's talk names;

Cole Popovich (NE Patriots Assistant): Learned under two of the best OL coaches ever in the Pat's Scarnecchia and Fresno's Pat Hill. He's young, detail oriented, hungry, has coached at the college level but has pro/Belichick pedigree. Here's an article: https://www.patspulpit.com/2016/7/2...at-fundamental-teacher-of-offensive-line-play
Wil Friend (Tennessee OL Coach) Coached with Richt at UGA, but at $800k most likely out of our price range.
Herb Hand (Texas OL Coach) One of the best in the business, but another one probably out of our price range.
Marcus Johnson (MSU OL) Young coach who is doing a good job recruiting and came up under Cutcliffe and Joe Moorhead
Greg Austin (Nebraska OL Coach) Another young coach who has experience recruiting in SoFla from his very successful time on Frost's staff at UCF.
Allen Mogridge (FIU OL Coach) Coached in the NFL, has recruited SoFla extensively, has coached up the talent they have at FIU.

Who you guys got?

Herb Hand is a great recruiter...not a great coach.

Advertisement
Take the dude from FIU. Butch has great eve for coaching talent. Plus he will already be on staff when Butch takes over -- after Mark get tire of the planes calling for his son's head.

I liked Eric Wolford

Cole Popovich (NE Patriots Assistant): Learned under two of the best OL coaches ever in the Pat's Scarnecchia and Fresno's Pat Hill. He's young, detail oriented, hungry, has coached at the college level but has pro/Belichick pedigree. Here's an article: https://www.patspulpit.com/2016/7/2...at-fundamental-teacher-of-offensive-line-play
Wil Friend (Tennessee OL Coach) Coached with Richt at UGA, but at $800k most likely out of our price range.
Herb Hand (Texas OL Coach) One of the best in the business, but another one probably out of our price range.
Marcus Johnson (MSU OL) Young coach who is doing a good job recruiting and came up under Cutcliffe and Joe Moorhead
Greg Austin (Nebraska OL Coach) Another young coach who has experience recruiting in SoFla from his very successful time on Frost's staff at UCF.
Allen Mogridge (FIU OL Coach) Coached in the NFL, has recruited SoFla extensively, has coached up the talent they have at FIU.

Who you guys got?
Assuming MR has to stay, but changes are to be made...

HC: Richt
OC: Yost
OL: Popovich
WR: Dugans
RB/TE: Hartley
DC: Diaz
DL: Simpson
LB: Patke
DB: Rumph

ST: Banda

I think we could hire 1 more coach, perhaps another ST guy, or a defensive hire.

Advertisement
Him.

Former badazz LT who played for Si'Klaata Mud Hens. Dominant run game push who consistently destroyed LBs at 2d level contact. His side step was deceptively fast and earned him 1,234 consecutive pancake blocks on edge rushers in pass protection.

Word on street is he now teaches a technique that throws DLs into a Sarlacc Pit. His proteges have gone on to the NFL and have earned 13 HOF nods across all OL positions.

Beast as a player and ruthless as a coach. He's available--Miami needs to make the offer.

3o84sCoZRPKrPCcYrC.gif

My dream scenario is a Chad O’Shea, Jerry Schuplinski, Cole Popovich trio.

O’Shea - OC, Schuplinksi - QB Coach, Popovich - OL.

O’Shea is currently Pats WR coach and Schuplinski is Assistant QB coach.
Sounds great but I believe the OC and the QB coach would have to be the same coach, that way only Jon Richt would have to be fired.

Advertisement
Greg Austin would have a heart attack going from Oregon/UCF's offense to watching Mark Richt run inside zone 24 times.

Best frigging chocolate ever. Sold the crap out of them for years in school. Last time I saw one they were flatter and couldn't find a nut.
They are tiny now back in the day those chocolates were big. My parents always had to buy the chocolates my brothers, myself and my dad would destroy the boxes of chocolate.

Advertisement
All I'm getting out of this thread is that there are like 6 jillion guys who would be better than what we have. Which is not surprising, but still depressing.

Advertisement

Who you guys got?

Can easily free up some dough.

1. Get son job at other school so he doesn't have to fire him
2. Rick can give up being OC but can coach QBs directly since his son was just his mini-me
3. Fire Patke and Brown, they dont bring anything special to table.
4. Encourage Diaz to become HC at another program. Can grab any DC from a non P5 school who knows how to run the 4-3 and he will get similar results as Diaz at half the cost.

Didn’t the Dallas cowboys fire their oline coach this season? Not too long ago he was referred to as one of the best in the business when Dak and Elliot first got there
Cowboys OL was beast under Bill Callahan who went to Redskins. We just recently fired Paul Alexander and now Marc Colombo took over

Advertisement
Back