New offer, S Sam Hubbard

He is committed to Notre Dame for lacrosse, which is interesting because Notre Dame is one of the top schools in the nation for Lacrosse.

This.. My son is a in coming freshman at Moeller and we see him almost everyday... My thoughts are that he's a great lacrosse player and most like will be at a school for lacrosse unless Miami change change his mind.... If so he'll grow into a Linebacker.

Hey, cincycane...keep an eye out for Artrell Hawkins' kid (Aeneus) at Moeller. I think (?) he'll be going there next year, too.

Advertisement
He is committed to Notre Dame for lacrosse, which is interesting because Notre Dame is one of the top schools in the nation for Lacrosse.

This.. My son is a in coming freshman at Moeller and we see him almost everyday... My thoughts are that he's a great lacrosse player and most like will be at a school for lacrosse unless Miami change change his mind.... If so he'll grow into a Linebacker.

Hey, cincycane...keep an eye out for Artrell Hawkins' kid (Aeneus) at Moeller. I think (?) he'll be going there next year, too.
What player plays lacrosse professionally though? Must seriously consider football

What player plays lacrosse professionally though? Must seriously consider football

I understand your point but chances are he doesnt go to the NFL either. Leaving ND with a degree and playing the sport he prefers isnt a bad deal either

Not sure about this kid. When I think of Lacrosse...I think of *****assness, Alex Collins, and other happy, privileged smiling mothereffers. I say pass.

Advertisement
First of all every where I've checked he's listed as an LB, secondly, are you guys sure he didn't mean miami Ohio

I ain't gonna lie, him being committed to ND for lacrosse scares me

most teams in cincinnati run the ball more than they pass. i can see him as an OLB not a saftey in college

Advertisement
It's amazing to me that we have a thread entitled Golden the Archeologist on the other board but worry about whether he is making the right offers 9 months before signing day on this one.

And ill say this first NO LOCAL SAFETY HAS BEEN OFFERED look at the offer list and name 1 safety prospect from Dade, Broward or Palm Beach who has been offered and then I will agree with you

What does that matter??? You'd have a point if you were saying no Safety has been offered. Who cares where they are from???

Who the **** cares where they are from if the can play and want to be a CANE sign em up i dont care where the players come from christ everyone needs to stop with this south florida bull**** these kids act like the U owes them an offer get off your high horse we need players that want to play fro us period

My point is simple oos have to offer players early or they will get eliminated and local schools have more time now if they keep in contact with players, coach them up,give advice and try to make them better that means more to me then an oos offer from a school that may look at tape of a guy and not be so impressed anymore. Reality check recruits an offfer doesnt make you great its how much a staff contacts that shows how important you are

So we are sitting on a one of the best areas for recruiting in the country but we need to offer OOS kids first to get a leg up on the competition. Like we dont have every school in the country competing with us for recruits down here. Players should get offers based on their ability not some game of trying to get in with OOS kids first.

And how do those schools get a foot in the door? By offering as early as possible.

Advertisement

Is there a pro league for lacrosse? Can he make millions playing lacrosse? Now, maybe he loves lacrosse. I don't even know if Miami has lacrosse. When I was a kid in Miami, they only played lacrosse up north in Maryland or someplace like that. I never heard of lacrosse in Florida. It was a sport snooty white boys played, kind of like polo. I live in Maryland now, and I still don't get lacrosse. i don't get soccer either. Or hockey for that matter. There wasn't even soccer back when I was growing up. That was something they did in England. Now, we've got soccer. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing it's good for is placekickers.

6'6", 230, is rare size. if he can run, it's even more rare. If he can run at that size, he's more intriguing than Quincy Wilson.

The Matador grew up with Mike Leveille who won the award for top college player in the nation in 2008. After college in the MLL as a top player he makes barely 20-25k from it. He works at a Big4 accounting firm during the year and week and flys out for practices and games on the weekends in season. Basically its like a hobby. There is no career aspirations in that sport.

This is an easy decision - kid should focus on football for the upside.

Is there a pro league for lacrosse? Can he make millions playing lacrosse? Now, maybe he loves lacrosse. I don't even know if Miami has lacrosse. When I was a kid in Miami, they only played lacrosse up north in Maryland or someplace like that. I never heard of lacrosse in Florida. It was a sport snooty white boys played, kind of like polo. I live in Maryland now, and I still don't get lacrosse. i don't get soccer either. Or hockey for that matter. There wasn't even soccer back when I was growing up. That was something they did in England. Now, we've got soccer. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing it's good for is placekickers.

6'6", 230, is rare size. if he can run, it's even more rare. If he can run at that size, he's more intriguing than Quincy Wilson.

Advertisement
Sam Hubbard's football recruiting stock is soaring. Where do things stand with his commitment to Notre Dame for lacrosse and do the Buckeyes have a chance to flip him?

From Rivals............. maybe he is a hard pull but you never know
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know anything about lacrosse and this kid has a lacrosse scholarship to ND, then two things strike me.

1. At 6'-6" he's got to be quick, tough, extremely athletic and in shape. Potential monster
2. Agree, a near impossible pull due to his lacrosse passion.

It's worth a try but don't get your hopes up.

What an awful thread. How the **** does every S/CB thread turn into a Quincey Wilson discussion?

The amount of fragment sentences, the non-sequitur ramblings about having points if some Ohio dude was local, & the butthurt over Q just doesn't do it for you?

But seriously, to those who posted on the first page, at least try to construct a ******* sentence once and a while. ***** sake, man.

At weight lifting for incoming freshman their is a kid that favors.. hawkins ill find out.. they won't be liftin g next week because of spring break but ill let you know.. my son is 6'0 245..

Advertisement
Back