New Offer in Texas: 4 star 2022 DT Bear Alexander

Advertisement
I don't know anything specific to Bear but people were saying similar things as it related to Taylor, James Williams, and Avantae. Given that he visited and it went well there is no reason to think we 'don't have a shot'. Unless you know something from inside, definitive statements like this are worthless. As far as I know Tdub has been right before.
I agree with you. The only difference is those 3 guys you mentioned are from Florida and I think that matters. Bear is obviously a 5* kid from Texas. Recruiting is fluid, so I think anything is possible if you put your best foot forward and leave a lasting impression on the young man.

He would be a huge get literally and figuratively. I have no idea where he lands, but we've got some sort of chance.

lol at the people acting like he might not be a fit here or he wouldn't be a solid *** take. He should be a longshot, but that's no reason to downplay his ability here.

Advertisement
I have a natural talent for it but I never wanted to work for these guys. @LeedsCane has to hear about my disgust all the time lol I admire the leader of the program so I stomach it. But thanks man. I missed the 10 or so of you guys who weren’t nuts
I missed you too bro. Nice to have you back!

11031515-0C71-4B33-B783-CC539D4C95C1.jpeg

This is Masson Smith from last year the kid from Louisiana. Yes they love the campus, city and defense but we haven’t won enough or we don’t offer the big enough bag to go into Louisiana or Texas and land a 5 star from those states. Only Bama, Clemson & Ohio St can go anywhere and poach something like that. You can throw Georgia in there as well cause they paying for everybody.

Some of the biggest news coming out of Miami recently was that they arranged an official visit with Fort Worth (Texas) Brewer five-star Bear Alexander.

He made the trip down to South Florida with his dad and his girlfriend this weekend.

“It was a great visit,” Alexander told InsideTheU Sunday. “It’s always good to be in Paradise. [Jess Simpson] is a great guy, [Manny Diaz] is a great guy, so it was a great feeling to be out there... Just being around family - I felt family vibes.”

The news of the 6-foot-3, 325-pounders trip came just minutes after a decommitment from Georgia. Alexander just felt he needed to open things back up.

“I wanted to be back wide open. I wanted to see new places. I feel like I committed way early and me and Coach Simpson kicked it pretty hard when he first got the job,” Alexander said.

The soon-to-be senior really enjoyed his time down in Dade County.

“Like they say, it’s Paradise. These coaches are very detailed and know what they’re doing. Just the dorms and education system - all that stood out,” Alexander said.

Miami quarterback commit Jacurri Brown was on top of the Lone Star State native while in Coral Gables.

“They was pushing the issue, ‘Man we want you to commit, make our job a whole lot easier,’” Alexander said.

247Sports Crystal Ball currently favoring Texas A&M started to roll in once Alexander backed off his UGA pledge. Miami might have helped themselves with the blue-chipper this weekend though.

“[Miami] is definitely high on the list. They really touched my heart,” Alexander said.

This coming weekend, Alexander will head out west to check out USC for an official visit before heading out to Oregon and then Alabama on June 25.

“I’m not signing until the Under Armour Game,” Alexander said.
Smart kid hype up the canes so A&M sends the brinks truck haha

Advertisement
He would be a huge get literally and figuratively. I have no idea where he lands, but we've got some sort of chance.

lol at the people acting like he might not be a fit here or he wouldn't be a solid *** take. He should be a longshot, but that's no reason to downplay his ability here.
Gotta think jimbo keeps him in state or Sark if he has a good season for the Longhorns

This is Masson Smith from last year the kid from Louisiana. Yes they love the campus, city and defense but we haven’t won enough or we don’t offer the big enough bag to go into Louisiana or Texas and land a 5 star from those states. Only Bama, Clemson & Ohio St can go anywhere and poach something like that. You can throw Georgia in there as well cause they paying for everybody.

Not saying we get this kid but Texas is different man, kids here ain’t loyal to Texas schools at all. If we don’t land this kid it’s because we got out recruited by someone which is going to happen sometimes.

Plus this kid has transferred high schools a bunch of times, he’s not afraid to try new things, almost like Jake Garcia. And remember he was committed to Georgia for a while so goes to show he’s willing to go out of state. We just gotta keep grinding and hope this breaks out way imo kid is a beast

Yeah I never got the impression that Texas kids are as loyal as they were 10-15 years ago to the home schools.

And I think this situation is different then Maason Smith because I dont think MSmith ever OV'd visited right?

Call me crazy, but I think this kid comes back down here one more time before making a decision. If he does, I think we are definitely in it.

Ill take a 25% chance at this point. Thats about where we should be. We have a great season (11-1/10-2) then things could get interesting.

Yeah I never got the impression that Texas kids are as loyal as they were 10-15 years ago to the home schools.

And I think this situation is different then Maason Smith because I dont think MSmith ever OV'd visited right?

Call me crazy, but I think this kid comes back down here one more time before making a decision. If he does, I think we are definitely in it.

Ill take a 25% chance at this point. Thats about where we should be. We have a great season (11-1/10-2) then things could get interesting.
That's the big thing for me. If we can get him back down, you would have to think he's got legit interest as that will be on his own dime. Still not overly confident as A&M seems like the likely landing spot, but I feel better about him than I did Maason Smith.

Advertisement
No love for JHH?

Kid was flashing special stuff last year… another year getting size/strength and of course great coaching with Simpson kid is gonna be a force in platoon with Nesta

them Oline ain’t gonna rest when they see that 3Tech swapping out for rest.. them boys can both rush the passer and finish
Simpson wasnt responsible for jhh and no im not as high on him as others

Not saying we get this kid but Texas is different man, kids here ain’t loyal to Texas schools at all. If we don’t land this kid it’s because we got out recruited by someone which is going to happen sometimes.

Plus this kid has transferred high schools a bunch of times, he’s not afraid to try new things, almost like Jake Garcia. And remember he was committed to Georgia for a while so goes to show he’s willing to go out of state. We just gotta keep grinding and hope this breaks out way imo kid is a beast

True but Tx kids are a tough pull from that region anyhow. OSU, OU, LSU, ATM have their meathooks on top kids in that state and I suspect UT does as well to some extent.

Advertisement
For those who don't think we can pull this stud from Texas,USC trojans just went into georgia and got a 5* DT with offers from most SEC powers and Clemson.

For those who don't think we can pull this stud from Texas,USC trojans just went into georgia and got a 5* DT with offers from most SEC powers and Clemson.
Mykel Williams' brother is Michael Trigg, already enrolled at USC... Mansell also noted that he was told USC has a really well done presentation on NIL in LA...

You just listed 2 Dade kids, one that was committed at one point, and another FL kid that had a relationship with our staff since his freshman year in HS. Different ball game than a 5* from TX at a premium position that was once committed to an SEC program and is a few hours away from another SEC program that he has visited several times already. But hey, you are entitled to your own opinion. Again, I won't get invested, but you can do what you want to do lol.
Brevin? Garcia?

I'm not saying I'm getting invested. I'm just saying there is a happy medium between 'we have no shot quit reading anything about him' and 'he's 1000% silent committed'. My point is there is a small chance.

Advertisement
Back