New Offer in Texas: 4 star 2022 DT Bear Alexander

Notice how it says Lucas later in the post...not Jones.

I see an underwhelming DT class if that’s our options and a class that doesn’t fit the type of DTs that Coach Simpson is known for bringing in. PS, we’re not even taking 3.
What type DTs is he known for bringing in? He only coached in college 1 year and the guy he was responsible for was holley.

Advertisement
What type DTs is he known for bringing in? He only coached in college 1 year and the guy he was responsible for was holley.
No love for JHH?

Kid was flashing special stuff last year… another year getting size/strength and of course great coaching with Simpson kid is gonna be a force in platoon with Nesta

them Oline ain’t gonna rest when they see that 3Tech swapping out for rest.. them boys can both rush the passer and finish

Advertisement
You don’t like Tarber?
No. Why do we need another 1 dimensional run stopper like Nesta? We have Jordan and Holley here already to fill that run stopping roll. How about we start going after long, athletic guys who get up the field like Simpson did last time with JHH and Blissett.

Tarber's the guy inside from down here we gotta get. He's a war daddy, **** ceases going forward near him. If Lyons, who I love, is the odd man out If we get the Bear and the Desert Zoe, so be it...

agree. We need bodies and depth. JHH is potentially great but 92/98 are underwhelming to me. Heck, even miller has been up and down.

No. Why do we need another 1 dimensional run stopper like Nesta? We have Jordan and Holley here already to fill that run stopping roll. How about we start going after long, athletic guys who get up the field like Simpson did last time with JHH and Blissett.
I would think Tarbor is more like Ford than Nesta. And you need those types in the middle of your D..in today’s game you need a variety of DTs. You need an unmovable DT in the middle of your D.

Let’s face it, our D was at its best when Norton (1 tech) was teamed with McIntosh (long, athletic, up the field) in 2017. That combo was probably our best in the Diaz/Richt era.

I would think Tarbor is more like Ford than Nesta. And you need those types in the middle of your D..in today’s game you need a variety of DTs. You need an unmovable DT in the middle of your D.

Let’s face it, our D was at its best when Norton (1 tech) was teamed with McIntosh (long, athletic, up the field) in 2017. That combo was probably our best in the Diaz/Richt era.
We have 3 of them on roster and he would be the least athletic of the bunch. Bring me 3 techs. JHH is probably gone this year if he plays the whole year so we need more long athletic bodies.

Advertisement
We have 3 of them on roster and he would be the least athletic of the bunch. Bring me 3 techs. JHH is probably gone this year if he plays the whole year so we need more long athletic bodies.
I seriously doubt JHH is gone after this year. He is still raw and learning the position. I heard he was getting pushed around in the spring by Navaughn. The way Ford and Miller looked this spring, not sure JHH get enough film to warrant leaving early.

I seriously doubt JHH is gone after this year. He is still raw and learning the position. I heard he was getting pushed around in the spring by Navaughn. The way Ford and Miller looked this spring, not sure JHH get enough film to warrant leaving early.
1) Lol no he wasn’t

2) JHH is the best DT on the team and we were completely different inside when he was out with his injury last year. Sometime I literally don’t know what games y’all watch.

Some of the biggest news coming out of Miami recently was that they arranged an official visit with Fort Worth (Texas) Brewer five-star Bear Alexander.

He made the trip down to South Florida with his dad and his girlfriend this weekend.

“It was a great visit,” Alexander told InsideTheU Sunday. “It’s always good to be in Paradise. [Jess Simpson] is a great guy, [Manny Diaz] is a great guy, so it was a great feeling to be out there... Just being around family - I felt family vibes.”

The news of the 6-foot-3, 325-pounders trip came just minutes after a decommitment from Georgia. Alexander just felt he needed to open things back up.

“I wanted to be back wide open. I wanted to see new places. I feel like I committed way early and me and Coach Simpson kicked it pretty hard when he first got the job,” Alexander said.

The soon-to-be senior really enjoyed his time down in Dade County.

“Like they say, it’s Paradise. These coaches are very detailed and know what they’re doing. Just the dorms and education system - all that stood out,” Alexander said.

Miami quarterback commit Jacurri Brown was on top of the Lone Star State native while in Coral Gables.

“They was pushing the issue, ‘Man we want you to commit, make our job a whole lot easier,’” Alexander said.

247Sports Crystal Ball currently favoring Texas A&M started to roll in once Alexander backed off his UGA pledge. Miami might have helped themselves with the blue-chipper this weekend though.

“[Miami] is definitely high on the list. They really touched my heart,” Alexander said.

This coming weekend, Alexander will head out west to check out USC for an official visit before heading out to Oregon and then Alabama on June 25.

“I’m not signing until the Under Armour Game,” Alexander said.

I dont see Bear coming here. A&M appears to be the frontrunner.
Same. It's one thing to get some 5 star SFL boys to stay home. It's another thing to go into TX and take a 5 star from there.

Obviously shoot your shot but wouldn't deprioritize anyone local especially if any of them feel like they may want to pull the trigger and commit.

Advertisement
Same. It's one thing to get some 5 star SFL boys to stay home. It's another thing to go into TX and take a 5 star from there.

Obviously shoot your shot but wouldn't deprioritize anyone local especially if any of them feel like they may want to pull the trigger and commit.
Exactly, this is the type of guy that you take your guys that were on the board prior to him being available and if he wants in you make room.

JHH is our best DT based off performance

1) Lol no he wasn’t

2) JHH is the best DT on the team and we were completely different inside when he was out with his injury last year. Sometime I literally don’t know what games y’all watch.
1.)LOL ask people around spring practice.

2.)With Jess Simpson he likes bigger DT's, and Miller and Ford both had very strong Springs. JHH had a good start to the season, he didn't look like the same player after he came back from Covid/injury, and he didn't wow me in the spring game either. Ford was the best DT in the spring. I'm bullish on JHH potential, but what in the world has he shown you to think he could leave for the NFL after his RS sophmore season where he will more than likely split snaps with 3 other DT's fairly evenly?

Ford, Nesta, JHH, and Miller will be a very formidable group..throw in Taylor, Robert, and Holley.

Advertisement

2.)With Jess Simpson he likes bigger DT's, and Miller and Ford both had very strong Springs. JHH had a good start to the season, he didn't look like the same player after he came back from Covid/injury, and he didn't wow me in the spring game either. Ford was the best DT in the spring. I'm bullish on JHH potential, but what in the world has he shown you to think he could leave for the NFL after his RS sophmore season where he will more than likely split snaps with 3 other DT's fairly evenly?

Ford, Nesta, JHH, and Miller will be a very formidable group..throw in Taylor, Robert, and Holley.
You are right. JHH has shown flashes and typically against lesser teams

I don’t have to ask “people”.

All I have to do is send a text to our current starting center and his brother Chris. You have to talk to “people”, not me.

Advertisement
Back