New offer at OT: Jalen Goss

Advertisement
Left Tackle prospect from a good program that plays good comp.

I LOVE the offer. Kid isnt much of a "project", plus he may be able to shirt if some of our older guys step up if he commits.
'Go get him!!,..

I LOVE the offer. Kid isnt much of a "project", plus he may be able to shirt if some of our older guys step up if he commits.
'Go get him!!,..
His thing is weight...if he was 300 pounds with the way he moves, he'll be a high 4* or 5* and would start right away here

'Go get him!!,..
His thing is weight...if he was 300 pounds with the way he moves, he'll be a high 4* or 5* and would start right away here

He has the frame and if he has the strength the weight wouldnt be that much of an issue. I think anything over 285pds can log time at LT with good feet.

Advertisement
Big athletic kid. I believe UF originally recruited him as a TE. Now, they thought better of that, but he's intriguing as an OT prospect.

I live in valdosta and have seen him play a few times. Kid has alot of upside. With the offense they run he does alot more run blocking than pass blocking. Uses his quickness to beat guys to the punch.

Bump...visiting the 26th.

Legit LT...imo would be a top 150 player if he wasn’t 265.

Michigan and Auburn have been recruiting and was committed to the gates at one point.

Advertisement
I think Meadows has an official set up now too (the OG from Macon County, GA).

If you look at the Richt Recruiting thread for OT's you'll see Richt loves guys like this. He loves that 265 pound kid in high school that isn't fat and then working with them for a few years to gain weight and strength. He tended to sign them later in the class like this situation as well. Eric Winston signed at the U under very similar circumstances as well.

I will say that the tactic had mixed results, but that doesn't mean it's not a good strategy. OL recruiting, in general, has a pretty low "hit" percentage.

If you look at the Richt Recruiting thread for OT's you'll see Richt loves guys like this. He loves that 265 pound kid in high school that isn't fat and then working with them for a few years to gain weight and strength. He tended to sign them later in the class like this situation as well. Eric Winston signed at the U under very similar circumstances as well.

I will say that the tactic had mixed results, but that doesn't mean it's not a good strategy. OL recruiting, in general, has a pretty low "hit" percentage.

Weren't Winston and Fox similar? They turned out pretty good.

Advertisement

Certainly did.

Advertisement
Back