New offer at OT: Jalen Goss

gogeta4

All-ACC
Left Tackle prospect from a good program that plays good comp.

I LOVE the offer. Kid isnt much of a "project", plus he may be able to shirt if some of our older guys step up if he commits.
'Go get him!!,..

Zbrod95

All-ACC

I LOVE the offer. Kid isnt much of a "project", plus he may be able to shirt if some of our older guys step up if he commits.
'Go get him!!,..
His thing is weight...if he was 300 pounds with the way he moves, he'll be a high 4* or 5* and would start right away here

gogeta4

All-ACC

'Go get him!!,..
His thing is weight...if he was 300 pounds with the way he moves, he'll be a high 4* or 5* and would start right away here
He has the frame and if he has the strength the weight wouldnt be that much of an issue. I think anything over 285pds can log time at LT with good feet.

RiDLer80

All-American
Big athletic kid. I believe UF originally recruited him as a TE. Now, they thought better of that, but he's intriguing as an OT prospect.

Paranos

All-ACC
Big athletic kid. I believe UF originally recruited him as a TE. Now, they thought better of that, but he's intriguing as an OT prospect.
[video=youtube_share;TSsbI9tQnW8]https://youtu.be/TSsbI9tQnW8[/video]

Brous8988

Redshirt Freshman
I live in valdosta and have seen him play a few times. Kid has alot of upside. With the offense they run he does alot more run blocking than pass blocking. Uses his quickness to beat guys to the punch.

Zbrod95

All-ACC
Bump...visiting the 26th.

Legit LT...imo would be a top 150 player if he wasn’t 265.

Michigan and Auburn have been recruiting and was committed to the gates at one point.

jkaz1

Senior
I think Meadows has an official set up now too (the OG from Macon County, GA).

HurricaneVision

Staff Writer
If you look at the Richt Recruiting thread for OT's you'll see Richt loves guys like this. He loves that 265 pound kid in high school that isn't fat and then working with them for a few years to gain weight and strength. He tended to sign them later in the class like this situation as well. Eric Winston signed at the U under very similar circumstances as well.

I will say that the tactic had mixed results, but that doesn't mean it's not a good strategy. OL recruiting, in general, has a pretty low "hit" percentage.

Saviorcane

Banned
Banned
If you look at the Richt Recruiting thread for OT's you'll see Richt loves guys like this. He loves that 265 pound kid in high school that isn't fat and then working with them for a few years to gain weight and strength. He tended to sign them later in the class like this situation as well. Eric Winston signed at the U under very similar circumstances as well.

I will say that the tactic had mixed results, but that doesn't mean it's not a good strategy. OL recruiting, in general, has a pretty low "hit" percentage.
Weren't Winston and Fox similar? They turned out pretty good.

rustywalkedaway

Sophomore

Certainly did.