New Offer: 3 star OT Jacob Hood, Nashville Tenn

Advertisement
I wouldn't read too much into one rep. On that one, he actually kicked early and it messed up his timing. Hope they post more clips.

I'm giving a guy that huge every chance to show me he can't play.

That's why I mentioned his Paradise camp performance could be crucial.

The young man needs to work on his feet and consistancy because taking plays off can result in negative plays or worse turnovers or god forbid QB injuries.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Because of that 1 rep practice clip?
He got beat on just about all of his reps which wasn't many. He has great size but just slow sluggish on film. I think he could be a mauler at OG but I just don't see a high level OT at the next level.

Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro offensive lineman Jacob Hood absolutely passed the eye test on Saturday during Miami's Paradise Camp after coming in at 6-foot-9.5 and over 365-pounds on his official visit.

That has Garin Justice really excited about what the rising senior could bring to his room if he were to choose the Hurricanes over some SEC programs such as Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Florida. Michigan and Michigan State are also a couple making their presence felt for one of Miami's most recent official visitors.

"Overall, it was really great. I really enjoyed myself down there. Especially at that Paradise Camp being able to talk to the returning players like [Calais Campbell] and [Jaelan Phillips] was really nice. I had one-on-one conversations with them," Hood told InsideTheU on Sunday.

Both defensive linemen were telling the Volunteer State native that Miami was the place to be.

"Basically telling me how much The U really helped them get to where they are now," Hood explained. "Especailly Campbell. He told me some pointers about the NFL. Told me to keep my head straight. Got the size and ability as a gift from God. Work hard and do what you got to do with what you got. Those were some of the pointers that he gave me."

Miami has been a program Hood has been high on since the Hurricanes offered him this spring and the official visit only helped them.

"Miami has always been on my high radar, and they're still up there," Hood said.

Hood didn't meet Justice for the first time this weekend on his official. The Hurricanes offensive line coach flew up to a camp at Tennessee State University in order to get eyes on one of his top targets earlier this month. But Hood really enjoyed watching Justice get after it and coach some guys up during Paradise Camp.

"Going to campus and especially at Paradise Camp being able to watch him in his element coaching really stood out to me. How he was out there coaching them boys and everybody out there having fun, it was really a good enviornment. Somewhere I can see myself," Hood said.

Justice was a big fan of the way Hood moved around with his frame after watching him move around in his hometown. Justice can see him holding down one of the tackle spots in Coral Gables.

He loved the way I could move with my size. He was impressed with how well I am with the frame that I have," Hood said.

Hood is in no rush to make a college decision. Once things open back up the last week of July, the lineman is to take a couple more trips to Baton Rouge and Gainesville before making a commitment.

"I got a few more visits to take and then I might have a decision in late August or early September," Hood said.

Advertisement
There’s a reason we are fighting with UGA, LSU, Auburn etc for this kid. You force your will and bring a new element with kids like this. I still think UGA will be tough to beat out in the end but you raise your floor up front with guys who are gifted like this, can’t go wrong and can never have enough of these. The last guy we had even close to this size was Flowers, and this kid is much bigger lol.

Obviously size isn’t the end all be all but there is a positive correlation there. Look at the playoff teams and the size of their OL. Look at our best OL (Zion), NFL size. Think about the last really good OL we had and those guys size and how many of them are in the league now with Flowers, Feliciano, etc. I’d rather take my chances with this guy, Armella, Agbo etc. Even Carswell types who is a lean 6’7 but has the length and frame to fill out and be 6’7 310 down the line. The heavyweights fight the heavyweights for a reason. Hard to lose and get pushed around with these guys. Just my .02.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not a fan of Hood even with the size and stars
Because of that 1 rep practice clip?
He got beat on just about all of his reps which wasn't many. He has great size but just slow sluggish on film. I think he could be a mauler at OG but I just don't see a high level OT at the next level.

I see a feet problem on the exterior as well. He had some leverage issues for a kid his size too. Could just be he's so big no one ever has gotten around him before, so sloppy technique. Need to see footwork drills and strength stats to be certain. He seems to tall for interior, too stiff for outside. But, yeah, it was only a few snaps so who knows. The eval is all on Justice.

I see a feet problem on the exterior as well. He had some leverage issues for a kid his size too. Could just be he's so big no one ever has gotten around him before, so sloppy technique. Need to see footwork drills and strength stats to be certain. He seems to tall for interior, too stiff for outside. But, yeah, it was only a few snaps so who knows. The eval is all on Justice.
Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro offensive lineman Jacob Hood absolutely passed the eye test on Saturday during Miami's Paradise Camp after coming in at 6-foot-9.5 and over 365-pounds on his official visit.

That has Garin Justice really excited about what the rising senior could bring to his room if he were to choose the Hurricanes over some SEC programs such as Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Florida. Michigan and Michigan State are also a couple making their presence felt for one of Miami's most recent official visitors.

Advertisement

I call shenanigans on 6-9.5…unless he’s grown 1-2 inches In the last year (which I doubt).

There’s a reason we are fighting with UGA, LSU, Auburn etc for this kid. You force your will and bring a new element with kids like this. I still think UGA will be tough to beat out in the end but you raise your floor up front with guys who are gifted like this, can’t go wrong and can never have enough of these. The last guy we had even close to this size was Flowers, and this kid is much bigger lol.

Obviously size isn’t the end all be all but there is a positive correlation there. Look at the playoff teams and the size of their OL. Look at our best OL (Zion), NFL size. Think about the last really good OL we had and those guys size and how many of them are in the league now with Flowers, Feliciano, etc. I’d rather take my chances with this guy, Armella, Agbo etc. Even Carswell types who is a lean 6’7 but has the length and frame to fill out and be 6’7 310 down the line. The heavyweights fight the heavyweights for a reason. Hard to lose and get pushed around with these guys. Just my .02.
Flowers aint even close size wise to this kid.

Last guy we had with close to this size, we're talking like Ion Symonnette

RT prospect. Falentha is the LT prospect and I’m guessing the offer to our favorite USO is because they don’t feel as strongly as they did before on Agbo.

Advertisement
Back