NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
solid hire,
I hope he can help us get established into the bag game
he did learn it from the best at baga
we need to embrace the phrase
"if you aint cheatin, you aint tryin"

Why r we complaining about this?? QBs did well and Bama started to tote the rock a lot this yr.

Agreed Rellyrell

Time will tell whether this was a good or bad hire, but it actually makes sense. Of the rumored candidates, I wanted Fedora as my first option and was meh on Applewhite just because I don't believe his personality fits our program. I wanted Yost or Briles before the rumors started.

This guy apparently made the QBs at Bama better, is a former HC, and as an OC at Arkansas produced a couple of QBs who threw for 3,000 yards. If he can clean up our QB room, and field a functional modern offense, there is no reason he can't get us in the hunt for the ACC title and playoffs.

At the very least, I take solace in the fact that we will be a **** of a lot better off than we were this past season. In fact, I think that's the reason he took this job. We're ranked so low, with good enough talent, that he has an opportunity to land a really good job as an HC if he fixes Richt's mess. Think about it - from #106 to top thirty or forty in a season, and then with some more portal magic on up into the top ten the next year. Guy will look like an offensive genius whether he is or not. LOL.

Im all for giving him a chance, he was at CM and Arkansas (where I think Bilemo was more hands on then he should have been). Let's see what he can do with our athletes

Advertisement
Agreed Rellyrell

Time will tell whether this was a good or bad hire, but it actually makes sense. Of the rumored candidates, I wanted Fedora as my first option and was meh on Applewhite just because I don't believe his personality fits our program. I wanted Yost or Briles before the rumors started.

This guy apparently made the QBs at Bama better, is a former HC, and as an OC at Arkansas produced a couple of QBs who threw for 3,000 yards. If he can clean up our QB room, and field a functional modern offense, there is no reason he can't get us in the hunt for the ACC title and playoffs.

At the very least, I take solace in the fact that we will be a **** of a lot better off than we were this past season. In fact, I think that's the reason he took this job. We're ranked so low, with good enough talent, that he has an opportunity to land a really good job as an HC if he fixes Richt's mess. Think about it - from #106 to top thirty or forty in a season, and then with some more portal magic on up into the top ten the next year. Guy will look like an offensive genius whether he is or not. LOL.

Exactly.

First off, I believe any of hires would’ve been light years better than what we had before. Our offense continued to get progressively worst each yr w/ UBER talent and that didn’t make any sense at all.

I like Enos b/c of his QB track record. It was one that completely showed in Tuscaloosa. In one year, what was considered a weak link for Bama for yrs became a strength immediately.

I’m excited, and thought I would never say that, but I am for the first time in a minute.

Checks most of the boxes. He's got HC experience, OC experience where he demonstrated success, and a reputation as a very good QB coach. He'll likely be hungry to show his worth and move back into an HC gig, rather than kick back, blame players, and collect checks. Manny just sent a shot over the bow with this one. Teams notified. If he brings Hurts, hey, "that's even more better." And, that's coming from Jarren's biggest fan.

Well he is tied to Bama so the question is irrelevant. We got the guy Bama & Uga wantes & their fans are livid about it.

Well, if they are livid about it
He has had balanced offenses, with multiple 3,000 yd seasons. His reputation made him a top choice for the two of the top three teams in the country. Every QB he's coached has improved. I think I would say yes. Diaz has also coached against him a few times I think. Not always a reliable indicator, as Shannon/Nix proved, but I think in this case, Saban and Smart wanting to hire him is a good sign.

I still haven't seen that, can you put up a link?

I'm serious....I can understand why their fans might have wanted to retain him, but you are like the 10th poster I have seen state that Saban and Smart wanted to hire him as OC. Is there a link to their offers? Any link regarding that they wanted him bad but he chose Miami OC over their OC openings? That would be stellar.

TIA

UM

Advertisement
Looks like he was the lowest paid coach on the roster.

DwWWRnTWwAYmNZc.jpg:large

He was still collecting buyout money from a previous gig. This allowed Alabama to pay him less.

Yet another person saying as long as the coach doesn't do what he naturally wants to do, and instead runs something else, it's a great hire.

That's the scary part about the hire. "As long Enos doesn't be Enos, it's good."

It is a guy that says he does not know Enos

Miami over Alabama makes a lot of sense for Dan Enos if he wants to become a head coach in a couple years. If he can take over an offense with plenty of skill talent that was clearly under-performing (77th in S&P+) and just bring it into the top 25 for two years in a row, other teams will be knocking down his door to hire him as a head coach.

He would not have gotten much credit for anything that he did next year with the offense at Alabama.

Advertisement
Uh you guys realize all he has to do is score enough points to beat teams in the COASTAL right? For now all I want is to get to the acccg consistantly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back