NEW OC Dan Enos

Enos' O can sustain long drives or get explosive in a minute - it's his choice. Watch Baga 2018. This helps our aggressive D from fatigue. A fresh D keeps our O on tge field more which means opportunity fir points. What don't u get? Don't respond with "but he didn't call plays". Yes he didn't but he had a big hand in the offense hence Baga and UGA interest in promoting him to OC, and disappointment expressed by Baga fans in seeing him leave.

That’s fine. You can like everything about his offense and it can or can’t do. I’ve argued enough about what I don’t like about him.

My only point is your “analytic” point is wrong. Nobody at Footballs Outsiders would argue that you should “slow down” if your defense plays fast.
The entire analytic reasoning behind tempo is to increase the number of plays run in a game. This favors the team with the most talent. Basically, you want to turn every game into a 7 game NBA series instead of a 1 game March Madness tourny, because that’s how you avoid upsets.
That reasoning is not dependent upon how much you attack on defense. That’s irrelevant. Your defense doesn’t control the clock, your offense does. It makes no sense, from an analytic approach, to slow down on offense simply because you enjoy blitzing on defense.

Advertisement
penos.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
This hire makes sense analytically. Pair Manny's attacking and aggressive D with Enos' long drive sustaining O and u have a much better D that is rested, and an equally better O that gets and keeps the ball for points. The D is not gased as would be the case if we ran strictly an uptempo spread O. Good thinking. Manny will have his option to attack or slow down on O.

Break down the logic of the slow offensive drives again for us after what you watched tonight. I'd be interested to hear it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back