NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
If he is who this article claims he is, he's exactly what our QB room needed.

I actually think Manny gave a big hint as to who his target was. He talked about how important the QB position was, then he went out and got a guy who's considered one of the best in CFB at developing QBs.

Advertisement
As a QB coach I love the hire. From.what I see he is also a good recruiter. Biggest question will be his offensive scheme at Miami. Looks.like he is adaptable on.schemes also..The truth how good remains to be seen but I have no doubts offense will be much better than last few years.

I actually think Manny gave a big hint as to who his target was. He talked about how important the QB position was, then he went out and got a guy who's considered one of the best in CFB at developing QBs.

He improved Jalen as a QB; he held that QB room together through a difficult transition, and he seems to have been genuinely respected by his peers and the players. I've argued on here before that just as we have to be able to match talent with opposing teams, we've got to have a staff that can match opposing teams. We're not all the way there, but we took another step in the right direction.

Only complete amateurs/neophytes at understanding the game of football, would ever try to defend the argument "Spread/Air Raid offenses ALWAYS trump offenses that are pro-form." Being rigidly attached to a particular offensive philosophy/ideology is never going to yield results that are CONSISTENTLY elite. Nowhere is this more evident than in the NFL, where the greatest offensive minds/teams are those who are dynamic/multiple enough to adapt/tailor their scheme based on their personnel & what the defense is attempting to accomplish. The Chiefs, Rams, Patriots, and Eagles are all prime examples of this. Bringing in a coordinator who is an X's & O's savant, was far more urgent or critical, than simply changing the offensive philosophy/ideology. Because at it's apex, MIA was/is a program that can recruit nationally.

This hire makes sense analytically. Pair Manny's attacking and aggressive D with Enos' long drive sustaining O and u have a much better D that is rested, and an equally better O that gets and keeps the ball for points. The D is not gased as would be the case if we ran strictly an uptempo spread O. Good thinking. Manny will have his option to attack or slow down on O.

Advertisement
Interesting hire. I like some of the things he’ll bring, especially the QB guru portion. Others I’m not too sold on. Time will tell if this makes or breaks Manny’s tenure at Miami. I clearly believe we willl run an offense tailored to our personnel, what that will be is anyone’s guess. But, I like the direction that Diaz is taking and how aggressive he has been in bringing in much better offensive firepower. Now we need the players to get on board, work extremely hard this offseason, and let’s see what this all looks like come practice and the Spring game.

Enos was the Michigan State QB in 1989 when the Canes beat Sparty 26-20 in n East Lansing on their way to NC #3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This hire makes sense analytically. Pair Manny's attacking and aggressive D with Enos' long drive sustaining O and u have a much better D that is rested, and an equally better O that gets and keeps the ball for points. The D is not gased as would be the case if we ran strictly an uptempo spread O. Good thinking. Manny will have his option to attack or slow down on O.

This is just wrong. No analytic approach would agree with anything you just wrote.

So he saw first hand the greatness of a Miami team that could dominate CFB and wants to be attached to the next regime that hopefully dominates the CFB world.

This is just wrong. No analytic approach would agree with anything you just wrote.
Enos' O can sustain long drives or get explosive in a minute - it's his choice. Watch Baga 2018. This helps our aggressive D from fatigue. A fresh D keeps our O on tge field more which means opportunity fir points. What don't u get? Don't respond with "but he didn't call plays". Yes he didn't but he had a big hand in the offense hence Baga and UGA interest in promoting him to OC, and disappointment expressed by Baga fans in seeing him leave.

Advertisement
Back