NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
All I know is when I watched Bama, They had a lot of receivers catching a ton of passes. I know their receivers are superior to ours, but ****. Jeudy was the top receiver in college football. They aren’t just lining up and pounding the ball.
4854 passing yards, 52 TDs, against just 8 INTs.

Advertisement
Obviously, as usual, a lot of people said no to this job! Sad we can never get anyone with a bigger name for a job. Always experimenting and hoping it works. Sounds like they hired this guy so they would have a chance at a QB.

Last edited:
Why his OC is at Maryland he could choose there as well. Also Tua started over him does that also play a factor...
Saban has taken our best coaches for years. You think if he really wanted to keep Enos he'd be going to Miami right now?

That's why many of our fans are so hilarious.

Locksley was making $1.25 million at Alabama last year as OC. We should be spending that or more on ours all things considered, but likely wont.

Miami may not be the most appealing gig on earth as far as winning right now, but money talks and bull**** walks. You put it out there, you get a big name.

Now had this Enos guy been QB Coach at Alabama for 3 years...I would feel much better about this.

Clear that Saban had no problem parting ways with a position he feels can easily be maintained while he has the bought brothers from Hawaii. He clearly didn't see Enos as good enough to trust the OC position to and wanted to reach out again for Locksley's replacement. As usual, Miami is the triple A ballclub grooming coaches for the big leagues. :mad:

UM

Advertisement
Exactly. People act as if "the spread" is the only "exciting" offense. Effectiveness is what makes an offense exciting. There are other options between Richt's 4-play playbook and "the spread", yet people act like it's either or.

You said a mouth full right there. I couldn't agree with you more. People also act like you can't run multiple offensive personnel sets, like its illegal to line up in a spread and run read option and spread concepts and then also run some under center sets in the same game.

Man Alabama’s offense and QBs looked pretty good compared to what we had last year.
And what’s with all this if Bama wanted him he still be there ****. Winning programs are always get their coaches taken. And plus, he probably wants to prove himself outside of the shadow of Nick Saban and what better opportunity than Miami. if our offense is in the 30’s next year he would have improved our team tremendously and we probably win 11 games. Great hire in my humble opinion.
So he walked away from coaching Tua, Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle, Najee, Tre Sanders, etc to coach our guys; and you think the ceiling is falling down on Bama...though he might have had interest from Uga and Bama doesn't mean he was eithers top choice. Move just feels unsatisfying considering what type of scheme we were looking forward to. I don't know anything about the guy so i won't pass judgement.

However; this hire will tell you alot about where this program is headed under DIAZ. Diaz pronounced this as a "homerun hire". This will tell you if Diaz is more bark than bite. I don't get caught up in coaches hype speeches; i prefer to just sit back and watch things play out on the field and in the standings. Let's hope for the best. At least, we get a better qb coach and developer

Look I get it. But he chose us over them, maybe he personally has something else in mind that he wants to run and clearly wouldn't have been afforded the opportunity to with those other coaches. Just sayin
Ground n pound still works. Just modernize it - which I’m confident he’ll do.

If Bama stick to running the ball in championship they might’ve won. Were gashing Clemson left and right.

Advertisement
Diaz has already mentioned that in his presser. He doesn't even know what people define as "spread" these days. I think we will most likely run mainly from under center (which I prefer) but I'm sure it will have plenty of spread concepts.

Thing is, Miami will always have the backs for a pro style. I'd like to see a combo of both.
This

Advertisement
Looks like he was the lowest paid coach on the roster.

DwWWRnTWwAYmNZc.jpg:large

hurts' performance in the sec championship is what gives me hope about the hire. with our *** scheme on offense, good qb play would've given us at least 10 wins. enos is definitely good at coaching up qbs. i'm just reserved about his play-calling without the kind of o-line talent he had at arkansas when he last did it.

Facts; but this y I’m extremely anxious about the OL coach hire. I wasn’t a big fan of Searels, but truth be told I didn’t know much about him either. After doing some digging w/in other fan bases regarding him, it was pretty universal the guy sucked. How he keeps getting jobs is beyond me.

I’m wondering if our OL was that bad or was it a combo of poor S&C and a **** poor coach. That’s to be determined, obviously, but if we can get a real OL coach, we might have something. We finally have a real QB coach that has experience as a head coach and OC.

Facts; but this y I’m extremely anxious about the OL coach hire. I wasn’t a big fan of Searels, but truth be told I didn’t know much about him either. After doing some digging w/in other fan bases regarding him, it was pretty universal the guy sucked. How he keeps getting jobs is beyond me.

I’m wondering if our OL was that bad or was it a combo of poor S&C and a **** poor coach. That’s to be determined, obviously, but if we can get a real OL coach, we might have something. We finally have a real QB coach that has experience as a head coach and OC.

Whatever the problem was...the OL hire to me is even more important than the OC, though they clearly must work seamlessly together. I hope Enos has watched enough of the horror film that is our OL lowlights and has a strong plan.

UM

Advertisement
Back