NEW OC Dan Enos

If Alabama wanted him, he'd still be there. It's not like we were going to outbid them.

Once he came on board at Alabama - the passing offense of Alabama jumped dramatically to sixth in the nation.

We all know Alabama likes to run, run, run - and Saban even said a few days back that next year he's getting back to that model - but for Alabama to jump to sixth on the passing game is saying a lot.

He's young, and keep in mind - he didn't call the plays at Alabama - but when a pass play was called - he sure as **** had the QB's ready -

He was wanted at Michigan, and it was in his contract the amount he'd be paid if/when he would be named OC, Saban swiped him, he did well at Alabama as the QB coach - he obviously learned a few things while working in Saban's system - but like a lot of hungry guys - he wants to unleash his offense and offensive system.

Let's give the man a shot.

I don't think this was an easy "get."

Advertisement
Listen, time will tell if it was the right hire or not. However, he certainly has the pedigree and has demonstrated success with coaching QBs. Bama did run a pretty aggressive downfield offense this year with a lot of explosive plays. This was not the Bama of year's past with a power run game and that was it. That probably hurt them in the title game, when they should have been continuing to run it at 6-7 yards a clip.

Some close friends very much dialed into Bama's program were ****ed he left and signing his praises. I will take their opinion of the guy for the time being. They have watched much more of his product and spoken with him/those around him quite a bit.

I hope you're right. But I'm not enamored with this, and I don't think kids will be excited to play in the offense.

And even if they were, why wouldn't they just go to Georgia or Bama to do so? The key about hiring someone with spread concepts is that it would allow us to sell something most SEC teams (who are the schools stealing the South Florida talent) aren't equipped to sell. Instead, we get Georgia- or Bama-lite. It's just frustrating.

It is borderline mind-numbing how many of you are disappointed with a hire like this. The Co OC and QB coach from the #1 offense in the country. 20 years of experience including play-calling and head coaching. Proven development at the QB position. Coached under the best CFB coach of all time, arguably. Was set to be promoted by Bama, courted by UGA.

Oh but he isnt the Utah St OC that scored 60 points on high school teams, got it.

Advertisement
It's hilarious how so many on here consider this hire a fail. He was valued much higher than any other name rumored to be a candidate by people that actually know football, Saban for one. Dude developed Tua into a Heisman candidate and had that offense rolling. Y'all tripping tripping....It's like we a damaged fan base. We so used to mediocrity that we cant recognize a home run when we see one. Wake up boys, Diaz hit that bi##h out the park....

Advertisement
Scoop wanted a spread guy.. but I think Enos is a big hire for this program. Diaz is not stupid.. he talked to this guy and probably saw the offense he wanted to run here and even if he runs a pro style offense it would be like Georgia runs it with a bunch of motion / spread concepts and bunch formations...

Diaz has already mentioned that in his presser. He doesn't even know what people define as "spread" these days. I think we will most likely run mainly from under center (which I prefer) but I'm sure it will have plenty of spread concepts.

Thing is, Miami will always have the backs for a pro style. I'd like to see a combo of both.

Advertisement
1547227360901.jpeg

that was locksley calling plays though. however, hurts has clearly improved as a passer and that was enos' doing. we'll see how it shakes out.

True; but Locksley was there in 2017 as Co-OC and WR coach. So what made Locksley so confident to slang that rock? Dan came on board w Bama this yr. Clearly Hurts was much better this year and Tua soared to a new level.

I’m fine w this hire, very much so. Don’t think we’ll be looking at pound, pound, pass type of offense at all.

Advertisement
I would bet money that Diaz has told him what he's told everyone. He wants an offense that pressures the defense and is unpredictable. It should be more wide-open than what was done at Alabama, mainly because Miami doesn't have the personnel to bludgeon teams into submission like they do. Hopefully this helps Hurts choose Miami, since he'll know the system.

Just give me an offense who could put up points. Idc if Chris “Birdman” Andersen is running the offense.

Maybe Brian Monroe knew what he was talking about when he was talking about a transfer depending on the OC. IF we land Hurts, our current QB's are definitely going to bolt. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
No he’s a ******* idiot we can pull a thousand vague insider tweets out from the past week alone

Maybe he couldn’t land any of the guys he truly wanted. You ever think about that?

Then find someone else. FFS, Oregon hired Chip Kelly FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE. Swinney hired Chad Morris from Tulsa, three years removed from COACHING HIGH SCHOOL.

If Applewhite, Fedora say no, how about looking at young, up-and-comers who might bring some excitement to the anemia that was our offense last year?

Advertisement
Back