New NHC Cone, Tropical Depression 16 forms (NATE)

I swear to G-d, if Jimbo tries to cancel this game...

Jimbo won't. He needs this game. We's got a 'W' written on his helmet schedule already.

Right, but suppose he could plead “Hurricane” and put the game off until Blackmon and that OL is more seasoned. We couldn’t say anything because of Arky State.

Just a thought. Not that I don’t trust Coach Cuck. But I don’t trust Coach Cuck.

Advertisement
View attachment 50958

*sigh*, the ASCAT remote sensing system has found cyclonic attributes, forming TD 16 near Nicaragua, soon to become Tropical storm Nate (later today).

I'll reply and edit the post with latest news and thoughts, but for now let's wait for the 12z Euro run due around 2 PM. Like I said earlier, we won't know much about the possible intensity before at least tomorrow afternoon, but the NHC has it as a 80 mph hurricane before a possible landfall as of now.

Louisiana coast to West coast of florida should start reviewing their hurricane plan, just in case.

just looking at the wind probability chart and it appears there is an outside chance of TS force winds hitting that area by the end of the game (8pm sat). depending on the next couple of forcasts i think they are going to have to consider friday night as an option.

We get tropical storm winds with every afternoon thunderstorm

A Cat One could be catastrophic for Trailerhassee. All those double-wides being blown open. Big Screens being scattered to the four winds. Plastic Nole bobble heads scattered around like dead soldiers....

There's no way the game is being played at 3:30PM with Cat anything storm hitting Sunday morning. People need time to prepare and evacuate. Moving the game to Miami would be the smart decision.

Advertisement
Totally different situation category 5 to at most cat 1 storm. The comparison or threat to cancel due to similar situation is ludicrous.

Um no. All it takes is an elongated lightning storm to get the game cancelled.

View attachment 50958

*sigh*, the ASCAT remote sensing system has found cyclonic attributes, forming TD 16 near Nicaragua, soon to become Tropical storm Nate (later today).

I'll reply and edit the post with latest news and thoughts, but for now let's wait for the 12z Euro run due around 2 PM. Like I said earlier, we won't know much about the possible intensity before at least tomorrow afternoon, but the NHC has it as a 80 mph hurricane before a possible landfall as of now.

Louisiana coast to West coast of florida should start reviewing their hurricane plan, just in case.

just looking at the wind probability chart and it appears there is an outside chance of TS force winds hitting that area by the end of the game (8pm sat). depending on the next couple of forcasts i think they are going to have to consider friday night as an option.

We get tropical storm winds with every afternoon thunderstorm

A Cat One could be catastrophic for Trailerhassee. All those double-wides being blown open. Big Screens being scattered to the four winds. Plastic Nole bobble heads scattered around like dead soldiers....

but for real, I think they lost power for a week from a tropical storm/tropical depression last year lol

I'm sitting in my cube at work, about to start throwing stuff at the thought of this game somehow getting effected. I've already told people multiple times its FSU week and to not start with their ****. Some guy, Michigan fan, said its Michigan St. week, told him to GTFOH with that garbage.

Honestly though there is no where to put the game as far as a delay goes. Only thing would be moving it up or moving it to Orlando or maybe Jax? I would think the former is more likely, but I assume they will know more tomorrow around 2 pm and go from there.

Advertisement
I'm sitting in my cube at work, about to start throwing stuff at the thought of this game somehow getting effected. I've already told people multiple times its FSU week and to not start with their ****. Some guy, Michigan fan, said its Michigan St. week, told him to GTFOH with that garbage.

Honestly though there is no where to put the game as far as a delay goes. Only thing would be moving it up or moving it to Orlando or maybe Jax? I would think the former is more likely, but I assume they will know more tomorrow around 2 pm and go from there.

Jax is in the cone. There not moving it there. A slight shift and it'd be in Otown. The smart money would be to move it to Miami or Atlanta.

I think the most likely situation would be the game being moved to tally friday night. Our team leaves friday morning anyway

I think the most likely situation would be the game being moved to tally friday night. Our team leaves friday morning anyway

Coach Cuck will want to game everything to his advantage. Friday would be perfect for him.

That said, we should be prepared to leave for Tally on Thursday.

i can't see how they are not forced to at least move the game up a day. i think friday is probably the best option. however wouldnt our team need to leave thursday instead of friday?

Advertisement
Blake James just told media that they're in conversation with ACC and FSU on storm. Again, not expecting any move announcement until later this week, if any.

Blake James just told media that they're in conversation with ACC and FSU on storm. Again, not expecting any move announcement until later this week, if any.

later this week? they would have to make an announcement by tomorrow if they are going to move the game up to friday.

I would think they would have to make a decision by this afternoon to accommodate the television networks and team logistics.

Advertisement

later this week? they would have to make an announcement by tomorrow if they are going to move the game up to friday.

More like today. Hopefully boosters will set the team up with a private jet if that happens.

Move it to the GA Dome on Friday Night. No chance for anyone to back out. ESPN, if your there great. If not, let the players play and get this thing going TV or not

Move it to the GA Dome on Friday Night. No chance for anyone to back out. ESPN, if your there great. If not, let the players play and get this thing going TV or not

Only issue there is ATL is still in the cone for Sunday. The teams might not be able to go home until Monday or Tuesday. It's gonna be Friday night in Tally (huge FSU advantage) or Sat in MIA if this storm stays on it's track.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back