New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

Fun fact; Harden’s design is rumored to be one of Yeezy’s last designs. I’m not particularly a fan of his shoes; I prefer Ice Trey and D.O.N as far as aesthetics. But, it is about time they had proper marketing for his shoes. Gotta take advantage of this while he’s in L.A

I wonder if we get a color way in his shoes. That would be dope.
Can't stand him but Harden's are some of the best hoop shoes out right now imo. Adidas basically mailed it in with marketing that shoe but hoopers know lol.

Advertisement
IMG_1077.jpeg
IMG_1076.jpeg

Someone is getting fired for this one. How can you as a company allow Fanatics to make the jerseys KNOWING that their quality is trash. But according to some, Nike is the gold standard, incapable of bad quality merchandise. You’d think that as long as the swoosh is on something, Nike would maintain ultimate control.

Can't stand him but Harden's are some of the best hoop shoes out right now imo. Adidas basically mailed it in with marketing that shoe but hoopers know lol.
The issue is that no amount of marketing will overcome the hypebeast nonsense. Dudes are still out here hooping in classic Jordans which are to this day some of the WORST shoes to ball in. I’ve heard great things about New Balance basketball kicks, they can’t give them away because “They aren’t cool enough” . Adidas needs to spend more time building up their NBA player stable. Get these shoes on the feet of up and coming stars and build loyalty that way. Adidas also has to get back to the grassroots programs, Vaccaro had that rolling at one point.

Advertisement
The issue is that no amount of marketing will overcome the hypebeast nonsense. Dudes are still out here hooping in classic Jordans which are to this day some of the WORST shoes to ball in. I’ve heard great things about New Balance basketball kicks, they can’t give them away because “They aren’t cool enough” . Adidas needs to spend more time building up their NBA player stable. Get these shoes on the feet of up and coming stars and build loyalty that way. Adidas also has to get back to the grassroots programs, Vaccaro had that rolling at one point.
I just bought some of the Trae Young 3's that were on sale from Adidas and they're a really good basketball shoe. I had the Nike Air Max Infuriate's before that and played in those for years, but it was time to get a new pair. Those TY3's I've got now are really comfortable. A touch heavier than the Nike's I came from but not so much that it hurts or hinders me...very slight difference. Traction is excellent on the TY3's. Break in was really minimal.

View attachment 282510View attachment 282511

Someone is getting fired for this one. How can you as a company allow Fanatics to make the jerseys KNOWING that their quality is trash. But according to some, Nike is the gold standard, incapable of bad quality merchandise. You’d think that as long as the swoosh is on something, Nike would maintain ultimate control.

🙄🙄🙄

Y do u continually post drivel w/o knowing the background?

This is y Fanatics are manufacturing Nike’s jerseys for MLB. Nike/MLB are the customers, & Majestics (now Fanatics) are the producers. It’s been that way for a while. However, w/ blow back and negative press, I can promise u this will be remedied.

However, I’m just a bit confused; did Nike do something to u, personally? Where was ur energy at during Miami’s Final 4 run:

Why didn’t u post about Adidas Futbol jerseys & sock issues in the Premier League, where Adidas’ reign supreme in this arena?

Nike is not perfect; what they are is the most popular brand in the world among youths, w/ a marketing team that grows athletes brands far beyond reach. Nike had jersey issues w the NBA, as well, when they first took over. It was rectified; but, u’re being disingenuous with the Nike/Fanatics relationship.

I’ve never hooped in his shoe, but they look comfortable. My go to hooping shoes now are the rebranded Jordans, particularly the 37’s & 38’s. They get a 9.5/10 from me as far as responsiveness, comfort, and performance.

These r the top ranked hooping shoes thus far

I just bought some of the Trae Young 3's that were on sale from Adidas and they're a really good basketball shoe. I had the Nike Air Max Infuriate's before that and played in those for years, but it was time to get a new pair. Those TY3's I've got now are really comfortable. A touch heavier than the Nike's I came from but not so much that it hurts or hinders me...very slight difference. Traction is excellent on the TY3's. Break in was really minimal.

Advertisement
🙄🙄🙄

Y do u continually post drivel w/o knowing the background?

This is y Fanatics are manufacturing Nike’s jerseys for MLB. Nike/MLB are the customers, & Majestics (now Fanatics) are the producers. It’s been that way for a while. However, w/ blow back and negative press, I can promise u this will be remedied.

However, I’m just a bit confused; did Nike do something to u, personally? Where was ur energy at during Miami’s Final 4 run:

Why didn’t u post about Adidas Futbol jerseys & sock issues in the Premier League, where Adidas’ reign supreme in this arena?

Nike is not perfect; what they are is the most popular brand in the world among youths, w/ a marketing team that grows athletes brands far beyond reach. Nike had jersey issues w the NBA, as well, when they first took over. It was rectified; but, u’re being disingenuous with the Nike/Fanatics relationship.
Uni-watch has provided a lot of coverage on this issue as the new jerseys make their debut with spring training. Goes without saying that Paul Lukas is an OG in the uniform world and it's been helpful to read his stuff with the switch from majestic manufacturing to fanatics.

Agreed. I like the designs of the don’s, they just don’t have the tech I guess he’s their 3rd tier athlete. Although I really did love the Harden 7’s, which before the AE1’s were probably considered the best adidas hoop shoe.

I have liked Dames more than Hardens each and every year.

Uni-watch has provided a lot of coverage on this issue as the new jerseys make their debut with spring training. Goes without saying that Paul Lukas is an OG in the uniform world and it's been helpful to read his stuff with the switch from majestic manufacturing to fanatics.

Unrelated, but related in a way;

I was talking to one of my old heads who works for Sysco Foods. He was telling me how many stores he visits where Chain/Brand Marketing change the aesthetics of stores, confusing long time shoppers. He said they have to do that to justify their jobs, and when the complaints roll in, they magically change it back to the original plan.

IMHO, I’ve vocalized this many times, Nike’s design team tries to be too cute/innovative at times, when ppl want simple or original. I get changing material for performance purposes, but keep designs simple. Personally; I hate some of their city connect jerseys at the NBA & MLB levels. I get the concept, but the execution is not the best for a lot of teams.

I’ve never hooped in his shoe, but they look comfortable. My go to hooping shoes now are the rebranded Jordans, particularly the 37’s & 38’s. They get a 9.5/10 from me as far as responsiveness, comfort, and performance.

These r the top ranked hooping shoes thus far
have the Luka 36 and I like it. I imagine 37/38 are in line with that. The difference between these shoes and what MJ wore should settle the debate alone. I'd be crippled after 3 games in some retro's lol.

Advertisement
That’s one thing Adidas does well, make comfortable shoes. The issue is that they have a design language that doesn’t resonate with people. They have also done a poor job combating the decades of advertising Nike has done. Nike has been coasting for decades now, but they can do that because the hypebeasts will follow them to the ends of the earth.

have the Luka 36 and I like it. I imagine 37/38 are in line with that. The difference between these shoes and what MJ wore should settle the debate alone. I'd be crippled after 3 games in some retro's lol.

Bro, I tried to be fly hooping in some 1’s years ago…holy chit was my feet on fire. Lol.

I soon learned MJ had insoles, which I did not. But hella uncomfortable to hoop in, and it’s not up for debate. Fly to walk around in, casually, but non stop hooping? Nah. Lol

I didn’t know majestic had sold to fanatics. This makes this situation look worse for Nike because I thought it was Fanatics doing what they usually do and that’s produce trash. I was giving Nike the benefit of the doubt because there’s no way anyone could look at these updates and conclude “This is fine.” Apparently, I was wrong.

These design cues came from Nike, all to save some weight on what are already extremely light uniforms. Sometimes, you just need to leave well enough alone. It’s a baseball uniform, there’s only so many places you can save weight without it looking terrible as a result.

Advertisement
Bro, I tried to be fly hooping in some 1’s years ago…holy chit was my feet on fire. Lol.

I soon learned MJ had insoles, which I did not. But hella uncomfortable to hoop in, and it’s not up for debate. Fly to walk around in, casually, but non stop hooping? Nah. Lol

Now I want you to go out there in those old low-top Converse...

Unrelated, but related in a way;

I was talking to one of my old heads who works for Sysco Foods. He was telling me how many stores he visits where Chain/Brand Marketing change the aesthetics of stores, confusing long time shoppers. He said they have to do that to justify their jobs, and when the complaints roll in, they magically change it back to the original plan.
It's a marketing ploy as old as time. And it works. The most famous of all was the famous Coca Cola rebranding way back when and then miraculously reverting after the uproar and sales went through the roof

It's a marketing ploy as old as time. And it works. The most famous of all was the famous Coca Cola rebranding way back when and then miraculously reverting after the uproar and sales went through the roof
The new Coke issue was far more complex than “Let’s put crap out and people will appreciate old Coke again”. That’s a conversation that we could have for weeks, it’s an amazing case study in incompetent leadership.

That said, it’s unlikely Nike was trying to get eyeballs by issuing this stuff. I don’t think it was some big brained marketing scheme. Someone thought that people would go along because Nike has an extensive history of treating consumers like utter idiots and getting away with it. Honestly, I don’t blame them for harboring those viewpoints, tough to respect customers that get served crap and come back for seconds and thirds. Nike will fix this and move on but as we’ve seen time and time again, this company is just as flawed as any other large organization.

This was the color way I went with. They were on sale for $91 on Adidas’ site a few weeks ago, and I had an extra 25% off code. Got em for $72 tax/shipping and all. Well worth it.

They’re still on Adidas’ site for $91, just checked.

I’m gonna swap the stretchy black laces out for the Solar Red oval laces to match the midsole.

IMG_0073.jpeg

Advertisement
Back