New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never liked these, to me this a yuppie sneaker. Black airs plain or white airs plain, anything else screams Hoboken nj or “I just moved here I’m not from around these parts”. Scream I’m a podcaster and trying to fit in

So u only believe in wearing a criminal shoe or a player shoe???

Do we even know if Miami wants to leave Adidas? I think the majority of fans do but would love to hear what the players, coaches and AD think. Is it 100% money or would we take less to be with a better brand?

Advertisement
Never liked these, to me this a yuppie sneaker. Black airs plain or white airs plain, anything else screams Hoboken nj or “I just moved here I’m not from around these parts”. Scream I’m a podcaster and trying to fit in

I hear ya. Outside of mostly-black/mostly-white, the only other colorway I buy has orange-white-green-and/or-black. That's it.

And that's not me being a yuppie or podcaster, that's just me repping the U in Nike while we are under contract with adidas.

Do we even know if Miami wants to leave Adidas? I think the majority of fans do but would love to hear what the players, coaches and AD think. Is it 100% money or would we take less to be with a better brand?

"Miami is not an adidas school. Miami is a Nike school."

---Alonzo Highsmith, October 2021

And I can assure you that most of the players (past and present) feel the same way. Mario too. Dan is fine with the switch, he had a great relationship with Nike when he was at Clemson.

We will not take "less" in an overall sense. I assure you, we will make more money with Nike. I have no idea what the royalty percentage will be, or what the incentives will include. Those are better questions for the great @Rellyrell .

"Miami is not an adidas school. Miami is a Nike school."

---Alonzo Highsmith, October 2021

And I can assure you that most of the players (past and present) feel the same way. Mario too. Dan is fine with the switch, he had a great relationship with Nike when he was at Clemson.

We will not take "less" in an overall sense. I assure you, we will make more money with Nike. I have no idea what the royalty percentage will be, or what the incentives will include. Those are better questions for the great @Rellyrell .

The sweet spot for Miami would be an 8 yr deal w/ an upfront base of $7m + 5% royalties and incentives, with an open renegotiation window after 6.5 years. That would be a great deal for both parties. That would keep us around our current $$ w/ Adidas, but have the opportunity to exceed monetary commitments with the product we put out on the field, courts, and diamond. Also, if we exceed expectations, it will allow us to renegotiate sooner for an even more lucrative commitment.

Preferably, I would like us to join Jordan Brand b/c we would garnish more attention being there’s not a lot of schools under its umbrella, & I really like what they did for UofM throughout this entire season.

The sweet spot for Miami would be an 8 yr deal w/ an upfront base of $7m + 5% royalties and incentives, with an open renegotiation window after 6.5 years. That would be a great deal for both parties. That would keep us around our current $$ w/ Adidas, but have the opportunity to exceed monetary commitments with the product we put out on the field, courts, and diamond. Also, if we exceed expectations, it will allow us to renegotiate sooner for an even more lucrative commitment.

Preferably, I would like us to join Jordan Brand b/c we would garnish more attention being there’s not a lot of schools under its umbrella, & I really like what they did for UofM throughout this entire season.

Every time I see you post in this thread..........
Aroused The Office GIF

Advertisement
Every time I see you post in this thread..........
Aroused The Office GIF

There’s rumblings, bro. Frankly, I’ve never seen Nike push out so much Miami color ways since the break up. They’ve gone through this period where they’ve lost players to other brands just to bring them back later. Jason Kidd, Andre Agassi, Kevin Love, Deion Sanders, etc. are few recent examples; ****, there’s not a doubt in my mind Tiger will be back later down the line, but he’s on his last money grab and Nike is scaling down the golf biz (hemorrhaging $$ since Tiger fell off).
They’ve also done it w/ team sponsors, as well. IMHO, if we signed an 8 yr deal, we would’ve been back w/ Nike.

When they decided to drop the Miami Hurricane Dunks, that was the biggest sign. Only two Adidas’ branded schools got their own dunks, Miami & ASU. ASU is a public school, their contract ended in June 2023 and it’s been ho-hum. James Harden is Adidas’ star athlete & ASU alum so I’m assuming they quietly re-newed. We’re on their radar, but not to the point of an early exit fee.

I would love Jordan Brand as well. I've been waiting to go back to nike since we left. Don't hate adidas.... but they aren't nike/Jordan in my opinion and most kids as well.

Advertisement
I would love Jordan Brand as well. I've been waiting to go back to nike since we left. Don't hate adidas.... but they aren't nike/Jordan in my opinion and most kids as well.

And if I’m being honest, we have indeed lost top targets b/c of Brand affiliation. With the implementation of NIL, some preferred HS have future NIL opportunities w/ kids at branded schools. It’s why I’ve been **** near adamant about wasting our times recruiting certain schools (cough, cough Mater Dei) and switching.

To ur point, per another survey, Nike is by far the most popular brand among teenagers, and now per one survey even Converse has passed up Adidas (Converse is owned by Nike).

& Shoutout to @hoops156 for pushing The Lululemon movement. They’ve surpassed Adidas, too, in popularity among teens.

All of this plays a role. Nike sales have increased & Adidas’ sales have decreased which I predicted b/c Ye was the bulk of their momentum.

Advertisement
Back