New Miami Adidas UltraboostđŸ”„

Advertisement
You guys notice that some of the green jerseys they’re wearing tonight have the updated Adidas logo and others don’t? Looks messy af. We definitely leaving Adidas after this season 💯

Reminds me of the (mythical) stories about how Nike "cheaped out" and "abandoned" Miami at the end.

Hey, maybe Rad is just converting some of the adidas contractual apparel into the cash that we will use to buy our way out of the deal early...

So my grandson said he wanted a pair of Nike high tops for Christmas. Can we please get some decent shoes so I can raise the boy right?

And I need those white/green Alpha bounces to be re-released for me.

You guys notice that some of the green jerseys they’re wearing tonight have the updated Adidas logo and others don’t? Looks messy af. We definitely leaving Adidas after this season 💯

I thought I was the only one. It’s embarrassing af; like as I tried to tell the masses when we switched that all that b.s Blake was trying to sell about being a priority was simply PR b.s, and u’ll see how much of a priority we’re not. However, to see some players have the updated logos & others’ not is beyond bush league.

Advertisement
I thought I was the only one. It’s embarrassing af; like as I tried to tell the masses when we switched that all that b.s Blake was trying to sell about being a priority was simply PR b.s, and u’ll see how much of a priority we’re not. However, to see some players have the updated logos & others’ not is beyond bush league.
Shiiiddd, I didn't even pay attention to it, homie. **** Adidas, that's fucced up. Three Stripes Life, my ***!

You were fighting the good fight, my dude. I remember.

Advertisement
I present, with no additional (current) commentary...

the yellow jersey...

1698029506101.png

Figured I would post this here too, as this is the "long-term" thread:

Alright, so I have some...complex...news...and while I'd like the mopes and "insiders don't know nothin', man" whiners not to overreact, they probably will anyhow...

So...on Friday I found out that Harry is leaving AllCanes...and will apparently be managing an adidas superstore across the street from UM...that will apparently be heavy on UM merch...

First...no idea why adidas couldn't have done this 8 years ago. I thought that was inherent in their promises of a Miami Planet.

Second...I have no idea whether UM wants this...or knew about this...in advance. I know how Alonzo feels about Nike/adidas. I thought I knew how Dan felt about Nike. My memory tells me that we didn't hire Tom Jurich. So I have no idea what in the actual **** is happening right now....

Third...I have no idea whether anyone knows what will happen if Miami leaves adidas...although I'm sure that this new adidas store would pivot to Messi and Inter Miami merch...

But this development is...confusing...particularly when I (and others) have vented to Harry about how much we hate the adidas deal and merch, and how much we want to go back to Nike...

Anyhow, I am committed to reporting the latest news, regardless of my personal feelings or anyone trying to make accusations that inside information cannot be trusted (simply because things take twists and turns before arriving at the finish line)...

Weird news, for sure....

@TheOriginalCane that radakovich sentiment is a bummer. It is even more head scratching then that adidas did not give the new uniform template to the canes, given the superstore plans. I dont get it

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane that radakovich sentiment is a bummer. It is even more head scratching then that adidas did not give the new uniform template to the canes, given the superstore plans. I dont get it

Yes, that was the subtext of my comments. I really feel like we are getting the good cop/bad cop treatment from adidas. One minute they want to open a superstore across the street from campus. The next minute they don't want to give us the latest/greatest gear and are forcing us to sell last year's merchandise for a Miami Nights game we didn't even really want.

Alright, so I have some...complex...news...and while I'd like the mopes and "insiders don't know nothin', man" whiners not to overreact, they probably will anyhow...

So...on Friday I found out that Harry is leaving AllCanes...and will apparently be managing an adidas superstore across the street from UM...that will apparently be heavy on UM merch...

First...no idea why adidas couldn't have done this 8 years ago. I thought that was inherent in their promises of a Miami Planet.

Second...I have no idea whether UM wants this...or knew about this...in advance. I know how Alonzo feels about Nike/adidas. I thought I knew how Dan felt about Nike. My memory tells me that we didn't hire Tom Jurich. So I have no idea what in the actual **** is happening right now....

Third...I have no idea whether anyone knows what will happen if Miami leaves adidas...although I'm sure that this new adidas store would pivot to Messi and Inter Miami merch...

But this development is...confusing...particularly when I (and others) have vented to Harry about how much we hate the adidas deal and merch, and how much we want to go back to Nike...

Anyhow, I am committed to reporting the latest news, regardless of my personal feelings or anyone trying to make accusations that inside information cannot be trusted (simply because things take twists and turns before arriving at the finish line)...

Weird news, for sure....
I've known Harry since the 80s....I Love AllCanes....but their Merchandise is mediocre at best. I for one, will not spend a penny at some Adidas store under any circumstances if this came into fruition.

Advertisement
I've known Harry since the 80s....I Love AllCanes....but their Merchandise is mediocre at best. I for one, will not spend a penny at some Adidas store under any circumstances if this came into fruition.

Part of the problem is that AllCanes used to have a healthy selection of "unofficial" stuff, like those "Good/Bad/Ugly" and "You Can Learn A Lot From A Dummy" and "Gator Hater" t-shirts.

Now, it's heavy-heavy adidas, so Harry's in a straightjacket with the merch selection at AllCanes.

I wanted to buy something on Friday to be supportive, so I bought...Yeti...not adidas...

it's also a waste of money when all the Miami adidas gear makes it to the outlet store at Sawgrass Mall & ends up at least 1/2 off...

Part of the problem is that AllCanes used to have a healthy selection of "unofficial" stuff, like those "Good/Bad/Ugly" and "You Can Learn A Lot From A Dummy" and "Gator Hater" t-shirts.

Now, it's heavy-heavy adidas, so Harry's in a straightjacket with the merch selection at AllCanes.

I wanted to buy something on Friday to be supportive, so I bought...Yeti...not adidas...
I have several Original UM/AllCanes shirts...but JC, the selection there now is terrible.

Weird news, for sure....

@mojoxd

I figured I would reply to both, as I try to bring or shed news on this.

This move is more Adidas x Miami (City) vs. Adidas x Miami (University). Adidas’ biggest brand endorsers are now located here: Beckham & Messi. The owners of Inter are The Mas’ Brothers, who are not only one of biggest boosters & alum, but are in bed w/ Adidas.

Adidas is trying to leverage as much revenue from the Messi signing, & have been making a push all around So. Fla. So yes, Miami Hurricanes merch will be made available, obviously, but the real end game Messi.

Adidas have lost major ground in the U.S market (which is y their prices have slipped), but in the futbol market, they’ve caught fire. Also, selling off Yeezy inventory have helped a ton, although it’s projected they’ll see a 9 figure operation loss this year (but, a better improvement from the close to 10 figure operating loss)

Here’s the issues, however:

1. If the mega-thread on conference is any indication, then apparently (per sources here on CIS), Dan is nothing more than a figure head vs. an active AD. Dan’s relationship w/ Nike can be top notch (& it is since that’s the only sponsors he’s dealt w/ in his position as both Assistant AD & AD (LSU, GT <Footwear>, Clemson), but if Julio & his cronies r really the one making decisions, then that’s a totally different conversation.

2. Will leadership look at the bigger picture (branding, influence, perception, recruiting, long term revenue) or will they continue to focus on the dangling carrot (Upfront $$)?

3. There’s a reason we weren’t in Adidas’ 6, and that leads me to believe our relationship w/ them is now more amicable, contractual vs. sustainability. U don’t go from a “priority program” to being outside the 6 in only 8 yrs of a 12 yr commitment.

At the end of the day, we have a commitment to them & vise versa. Adidas doesn’t have to make us apart of their 6 for them to maintain their obligations to us by providing uniforms & marketing. Likewise, we still have to follow protocols by allowing their logo to remain prominent on events. Yet, again, when sending out Miami events only (aka camps) their logo have been photoshopped out. I know what the folks on Nike end want, but it’s all about our leadership. If everything said about Dan in that mega-thread is true, then I’m just not sure about the brass.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back