New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„

@mojoxd

I figured I would reply to both, as I try to bring or shed news on this.

This move is more Adidas x Miami (City) vs. Adidas x Miami (University). Adidasā€™ biggest brand endorsers are now located here: Beckham & Messi. The owners of Inter are The Masā€™ Brothers, who are in bed w/ one of our biggest boosters & alum Jorge Mas.

Adidas is trying to leverage as much revenue from the Messi signing, & have been making a push all around So. Fla. So yes, Miami Hurricanes merch will be made available, obviously, but the real end game Messi.

Adidas have lost major ground in the U.S market (which is y their prices have slipped), but in the futbol market, theyā€™ve caught fire. Also, selling off Yeezy inventory have helped a ton, although itā€™s projected theyā€™ll see a 9 figure operation loss this year (but, a better improvement from the close to 10 figure operating loss)

Hereā€™s the issues, however:

1. If the mega-thread on conference is any indication, then apparently (per sources here on CIS), Dan is nothing more than a figure head vs. an active AD. Danā€™s relationship w/ Nike can be top notch (& it is since thatā€™s the only sponsors heā€™s dealt w/ in his position as both Assistant AD & AD (LSU, GT <Footwear>, Clemson), but if Julio & his cronies r really the one making decisions, then thatā€™s a totally different conversation.

2. Will leadership look at the bigger picture (branding, influence, perception, recruiting, long term revenue) or will they continue to focus on the dangling carrot (Upfront $$)?

3. Thereā€™s a reason we werenā€™t in Adidasā€™ 6, and that leads me to believe our relationship w/ them is now more amicable, contractual vs. sustainability. U donā€™t go from a ā€œpriority programā€ to being outside the 6 in only 8 yrs of a 12 yr commitment.

At the end of the day, we have a commitment to them & vise versa. Adidas doesnā€™t have to make us apart of their 6 for them to maintain their obligations to us by providing uniforms & marketing. Likewise, we still have to follow protocols by allowing their logo to remain prominent on events. Yet, again, when sending out Miami events only (aka camps) their logo have been photoshopped out. I know what the folks on Nike end want, but itā€™s all about our leadership. If everything said about Dan in that mega-thread is true, then Iā€™m just not sure about the brass.
Thanks for the context brother. I was more hopeful that Dan would take the reigns when he got here, given Frenkā€™s tenure potentially being on a short leash. Iā€™m counting on common sense prevailIng here, but that hasnt proven to be so easy

Advertisement
1698417923428.png

Part of the problem is that AllCanes used to have a healthy selection of "unofficial" stuff, like those "Good/Bad/Ugly" and "You Can Learn A Lot From A Dummy" and "Gator Hater" t-shirts.

Now, it's heavy-heavy adidas, so Harry's in a straightjacket with the merch selection at AllCanes.

I wanted to buy something on Friday to be supportive, so I bought...Yeti...not adidas...
Yeah and adidas fan merch is ugly and boring... so I'm pretty sure he backed up with ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Some rumblings, but nothing concrete. A lot of heat is dropping in 2024, but didnā€™t see this on the docket. My boy got his hands on some & had to let the world know. Lol.
Ngl brother, I thought this was your subtle way of dropping the news that miami was switching to nike :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Back