New Kids on the Block...

Island_Canes

Redshirt Freshman
REALLY excited about all the 2017 class getting in and starting their Summer sessions. Three kids I really feel like will help this year as Freshmen are:

1) Jeff Thomas... I think he is going to be even better than we think.
2) Kai-Leon Herbert ... from what I've heard he played hurt all last season, he's now 100%, I think he is going to play early.
3) Jon Ford.... I think he gets in the 2 deep by the FSU game and makes some plays for us at DT.

** I'm adding this after the fact: with the exception of Thomas who is my favorite recruit, and I feel obligated to put at the top of the list, both Herbert and Ford aren't expected to do much this year, THATS why I put their names on my list. Because I feel like they will show out this season when no one expects them to. Not that they wil be the top performaers in the Freshman class nescessarily...

Last edited:
Advertisement
DJ Johnson is coming in hungry too.

Like I said in the Jeff Thomas thread. This will be the most competitive Fall camp in the last decade.

Can't ******* wait.

Advertisement
I appreciate the post, Island. Stoked to have speed competing for kickoff return spots and love seeing more competition on the D-Line.
Franchise, stop picking on folks. haha.

I appreciate the post, Island. Stoked to have speed competing for kickoff return spots and love seeing more competition on the D-Line.
Franchise, stop picking on folks. haha.

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HIS BOGO COSTUME JEWELRY SALES ARE IN THE TANK AND THE FLEA MARKET IS SHUT DOWN...

Advertisement
Ford is going to beat out Willis, Moten, and/or Bethel in 2 months? Dude has redshirt written all over him with the depth we have this year.

Ford is going to beat out Willis, Moten, and/or Bethel in 2 months? Dude has redshirt written all over him with the depth we have this year.

Yeap you could be right. But Willis and Moten haven't really shown much though, and Bethel is just learning the potision also. They been here, so thats an advantage I guess... I just think Ford will push the competion level inside a lot.

Advertisement

Yeap you could be right. Willis and Moten haven't really shown much though, and Bethel is just learning the potision also, so. They been here, so thats an advantage... I just think Ford will push the competion level inside a lot.

With that said, they still have far more time in the college environment than Ford will and DT is prob one of the hardest positions to come in as a true FR and make something happen. Like the potential of Ford though.

My top 3 that will do something this year:

1. Perry (job is all his by the looks of it)
2. A. Carter (made his mark in the spring, will be in the 2 deep if not possibly start)
3A. Donaldson ( Bout time we had a big body on oline that can clear the way)
3B. Jeff Thomas (serious speed and will thrive in single coverage with the attention AR15 will get)

REALLY excited about all the 2017 class getting in and starting their Summer sessions. Three kids I really feel like will help this year as Freshmen are:

1) Jeff Thomas... I think he is going to be even better than we think.
2) Kai-Leon Herbert ... from what I've heard he played hurt all last season, he's now 100%, I think he is going to play early.
3) Jon Ford.... I think he gets in the 2 deep by the FSU game and makes some plays for us at DT.

I disagree, Ford is bay far the most likely player to redshirt.

Advertisement
POWER RANKED

Perry
Dallas
Donaldson
Bandy
Carter
Thomas
Garvin
Gaynor
Johnson
Harley
Smith
Njoku
Ford
Jennings
Wilder
Steed

shouldn't be here:

Polendey
Weldon
Dykstra
Burns

POWER RANKED

Perry
Dallas
Donaldson
Bandy
Carter
Thomas
Garvin
Gaynor
Johnson
Harley
Smith
Njoku
Ford
Jennings
Wilder
Steed

shouldn't be here:

Polendey
Weldon
Dykstra
Burns

The top of your order is really bad but the bottom half is pretty accurate.

Alright island girl,... Ill play a round or two!!

Ill see your Thomas,.. (I like the pick) and ill raise you a Donaldson, and Gaynor!! (I think they find a spot in the trenches early on,.. And we have major needs there!)

But there are quite a few others that could come in and steal a spot, as we have some great talent heading in this year. Will be fun to see how it all shakes out!

Advertisement
Back