New JUCO corner on UM's radar

View as article
alot of people say frierson is a safety. why is that?

Couch im very high on. once that kid puts on some weight, he is going to be very good. he is aggressive and instinctial. i think he's a steal.
Because frierson doesn't have the hips you like in a corner. And he played safety his jr year and was good at it. He was able to roam and make plays. He is more of a playmaker than he is just a pure cover guy.

Advertisement
Because frierson doesn't have the hips you like in a corner. And he played safety his jr year and was good at it. He was able to roam and make plays. He is more of a playmaker than he is just a pure cover guy.
and on tape he is fast

I think a vast majority of Power 5 coaches don't want that problem either. But I'd take Williams in a cold minute given that we lose all of our experienced CBs sans Bandy after this season. And yes, fully aware that the current Fr will have gained experience. I also wouldn't mind if the staff would look into GT/JUCO Safeties as well given that right now the only returners next year are Carter, Hall and (gulp) Knowles.

Knowles is a RS Jr. He will graduate, Richt will thank him and gently some him the door and tell him about some great Grad Transfer opportunities in the MAC

Advertisement
Knowles is a RS Jr. He will graduate, Richt will thank him and gently some him the door and tell him about some great Grad Transfer opportunities in the MAC
I doubt that happens. This isn't like the tyreic martin or barf milo situation. Knowles actually(unfortunately) plays on the field so i doubt he will be shown the door. Believe me i hope he is shown the door

As @305407cane mentioned, I highly doubt they let him leave given that we'll have no one backing up either Carter or Hall starting next year. Knowles is consistently finding playing time, and for whatever reason our staff has him playing over Hall right now. The only guys I see transferring are Milo and Martin, because they can't see the field.

I’d take this guy. Personally, my juco focus would be oline and dline. We have to sure up the trenches if want to compete with Clemson.

Advertisement
I like this alot 30 tackles 7 PB's as 3rd corner is **** good! Match him up with Bandy, Couch an we got some dawgs!!! I think blades an Frieson move to Safety an they will be **** good!

That's so funny.

I was literally looking at their roster and website 2 days ago to see how their team was doing and saw his name (because I was looking for players from Florida). A couple of other interesting things for those of you who watched "LAST CHANCE U" - Malik Henry is back - and thru 3 games he is the 4th or 5th quarterback on the depth chart. Another FSU head case QB.

Also Jermaine Johnson - from Eden Prairie, MN - which is where I live - is the nations top ranked juco DE (I believe) (committed to Georgia). They are one of only a couple football powerhouses up here. Eden Prairie is constantly in the mix for national rankings every year. Granted they are no Florida school - but they run a really good program and their head coach was in the mix for the Gopher's job.

MPLS,

I can vouch for Eden Praire talent (as well as Cretin and Wayzata) from my 13 years in the Twin Cities. My two sons played at Breck.

Sorry we didn’t land that JUCO DE now committed to UGA. The Bulldgs are killing it.

Our biggest barrier to a championship roster is talent and depth on the DL and OL. Transfers will help. When our lines have the talent and depth now seen in our RBs and WRs we will be dangerous.

He's originally from BTW, transferred to STA his senior year.

He was on that undefeated State champion BTW squad in 2014, with Mark Walton, Antonio Calloway, Dedrick Mackey etc.. Class of 2016 kid.

He's a Nickel cover corner, I would only take as a depth player, but if he's being brought in to be a starter then something is wrong that we're in year 3 still having to supplement CB recruiting with Juco/GT guys.

If we have to pick him up I hope it works out better than Delaney & Dean, but Rumph needs to be developing the guys we got to be full time starters for 2019.

Are they filming Season 2 from there? If so I know I got my popcorn ready to see what is going on now that MHenry isn't starting. I know its a **** show over there.

Wouldn't mind the take re Williams. I am glad they are jumping on this stuff early and not waiting. If they know we will need CB depth. Start looking now. We **** sure better be looking for a OT and a DT who can play right away next year.

Yes - its season 4 (but season 2 from that same school). I bet you are right - Henry won't last the year there.

Advertisement
He can play here. If you paid attention when the transfer first came up he was transferring for reasons other than his play or him being 2nd team (the kid they started over him Faion Hicks is from Flanagan and can play too), because i believe Wisky liked him.He played alot against us in the Bowl. Another poster confirmed it was some off the field deal that somehow he really wanted no parts of so he ask to leave.

I'd take him all day. A real s.fla kid who played for S.fla Express that would allow for guys like Couch to redshirt next year and add weight. He at worst is a nickel guy here. I dont think grades are an issue with him either. This may be a no brainer considering Stevenson aint coming.

MPLS,

I can vouch for Eden Praire talent (as well as Cretin and Wayzata) from my 13 years in the Twin Cities. My two sons played at Breck.

Sorry we didn’t land that JUCO DE now committed to UGA. The Bulldgs are killing it.

Our biggest barrier to a championship roster is talent and depth on the DL and OL. Transfers will help. When our lines have the talent and depth now seen in our RBs and WRs we will be dangerous.

Yeah those 3 teams churn out division 1 players.

Cretin specifically had Seantrel Henderson, Scott Walsh (both Canes) as well as Joe Mauer and Chris Weinke (both Florida State - although Mauer went straight baseball), Matt Birk. Michael Floyd, Paul Molitor, Ryan McDonagh (Captain of the NY Rangers) and of course George "Bugs" Moran (Prohibition Mafia Member).

He can play here. If you paid attention when the transfer first came up he was transferring for reasons other than his play or him being 2nd team, because i believe Wisky liked him.He played alot against us in the Bowl. Another poster confirmed it was some off the field deal that somehow he really wanted no parts of so he aask to leave.

I'd take him all day. A real s.fla kid who played for S.fla Express that would allow for guys like Couch to redshirt next year and add weight. He at worst is a nickel guy here. I dont think grades are an issue with him either. This may be a no brainer considering Stevenson aint coming.

I agree with everything you said here. Adding a guy like him as depth (even if behind our current freshman) allows the incoming freshman in 2019 to wait a year. Also - not saying he has academic issues - but Wisco is a tough (and huge) school academically and they have been known to have their issues with players internally because they have had a lot of coaching turnover. Wouldn't surprise me if he transferred to get out of the situation as opposed to just being relegated to 2nd team.

Advertisement
He's originally from BTW, transferred to STA his senior year.

He was on that undefeated State champion BTW squad in 2014, with Mark Walton, Antonio Calloway, Dedrick Mackey etc.. Class of 2016 kid.

He's a Nickel cover corner, I would only take as a depth player, but if he's being brought in to be a starter then something is wrong that we're in year 3 still having to supplement CB recruiting with Juco/GT guys.

If we have to pick him up I hope it works out better than Delaney & Dean, but Rumph needs to be developing the guys we got to be full time starters for 2019.

Thats what happen when you miss on your top targets 3 classes in a row. But you bring in a guy like this who YOU KNOW can compete in Acc play and provide above average depth. If he comes in and takes a starter job thats more so showing his ability imo. Honestly Malek Young would be the starter next year he would essentially be replacing him.

im not big on good or brownlee. Couch i absolutely love as a prospect. im not a fan of jucos.

I got Brownlee a good bit over Couch and Good. Im not that high on Couch honestly. Has Boom or bust potential though. This is why i would take a kid like this. We wouldnt have to really depend on those 3 at all next year.

I got Brownlee a good bit over Couch and Good. Im not that high on Couch honestly. Has Boom or bust potential though. This is why i would take a kid like this. We wouldnt have to really depend on those 3 at all next year.

What's the reason behind this thought? Just don't know enough about them myself.

Advertisement
Back