New Head coach

Advertisement
Nobody wants this job. Only thing that might work is an all business NFL coach that gets **** canned.

Advertisement
8BEAECF7-05CB-4957-B7AF-DAC3A8A26B03.jpeg
Luke Fickell

he’s my number two behind Mario. He’s taken a nothing and turned them into a big **** deal. He’s competed with and beat bigger programs. His pedigree is elite. He’s come from two fantastic coaching trees and the fact that Urban kept him on and coveted him as a coach speaks volumes. He’s in-line with Mario. If we miss on him this year, we’ll never have a shot at his talent again at this price. Maybe them slamming ND today will open some eyes around here. He made Georgia look stupid last year and should have won that game too.

Last edited:
HUGH FREEZE
LANE KIFFEN
CHRIS PETERSEN
DAVE CLAWSON
BILL CLARK
Good list. I don’t want anyone who hasn’t proven themself as a HC though.

Petersen is an intriguing one. If he’s interested, I think he might top the list for me.

Luke Fickell as well

There are so many great possibilities

Please Gawd fire Blake James

Advertisement
MARIO is #1. Lane is definitely a not bad #2
UM will never fire Lane Kiffin, thankfully. Saban advised Kiffin to leave Alabama, as he had enough of him. It was leave or get fired, not the kind of recommendation you want.

I don't see any reason why Lane would want the job and we also couldn't afford his buyout. The only way I see Mario Taking the job is because he's an alum. ..

1st Bill O Brien
2nd Hugh Freeze
3rd Joe Brady
4th Anthony Lynn
5th Eric Beinimy
Your 3rd recommendation is the best option for UM. Great offensive mind, big time developer of QB's (compare Sam Darnold 2020 to 2021). Forget Eric Bieniemy of KC, it's the NFL or USC for him. Bill O'Brien, Hugh Freeze and Anthony Lynn, no thanks.

Advertisement
View attachment 156549Luke Fickell

he’s my number two behind Mario. He’s taken a nothing and turned them into a big **** deal. He’s competed with and beat bigger programs. His pedigree is elite. He’s come from two fantastic coaching trees and the fact that Urban kept him on and coveted him as a coach speaks volumes. He’s in-line with Mario. If we miss on him this year, we’ll never have a shot at his talent again at this price. Maybe them slamming ND today will open some eyes around here. He made Georgia look stupid last year and should have won that game too.
I’ll bump this. The guy is the best unknown (soon to be a big deal) coach in America. Urban is the best evaluator of coaching talent in America. If he kept him from the previous regime, he’s got to be perfect. He’s been proving it for a minute now.

Advertisement
Miami native. Cuban family, Cuban wife who is also a Miami native, brother is a Miami cop.

Columbus grad, two-time champ at UM—coaching at Miami and getting back to the hometown has to be ideal for both of them.

Lots of people leave "better" jobs for gigs that have personal meaning or desirable proximity.

Mario wouldn't make Oregon money at Miami—but he'd still earn millions of dollars a year to be back at his alma mater and in his hometown.

People are crazy if they don't think UM is his dream job and he doesn't want the challenge of bringing the Canes back.

Doesn't mean the timing will work, or that UM will get a deal done—but there's no way the desire isn't there for Mario and his family.
He is not a good coach. Once our fans realize this they will stop begging for him.. He is a career .500 coach

Advertisement
Back