New DT offer(2019)

Advertisement
His get off is quick. Playing at a school like STA means you know he's going against great competition. I want to see more from him, but I'm definitely OK w/ this offer. I think there's a couple of 3 star guys we picked up that will be finishing as 4 stars.
I believe 4 of our guys will go up in rankings by the end of November.
Daxon
Munoz
Crowley
Equakun

Kid looks like a jumbo athlete that could play strong side end or turn into a dt, looks pretty athletic and quick too. I think We got a steal with munoz

Those 3 guys you mentioned were 4 stars on multiple sites
Those 3 guys you mentioned were 4 stars on multiple sites
But not all, and te nes they were, they were at the low end, which shows they werent thought of as blue chip prospects. More so than that you have to look beyond the stars at their position rankings both nationally and in the state. MJ wasnt a top 50 player at his position. Greg was barely top 30. Garvin was rated 10th best at his spot.

Advertisement
A zero star DT from STA. What’s the background on this guy? Did he just transfer in to STA? How does he fly so far under the radar at a school like that?

He's been getting a lot of offers recently and has been impressing a lot of coaches, especially this this spring. I think he will be rated soon.

I actually really love the approach from the coaches this season. Seems like they're really focusing on athleticism and upside, especially on defense, rather than rankings. Hopefully their evals are on point but I appreciate the mindset.

100% agree

Advertisement
I like this take better than damarious good that’s for sure. Goes without saying though we need more star power(big name guys) in this recruiting class

- our blue chip percentage needs to go up period. Majority of the teams competiting year in and year out have over 50% blue chippers on their teams. That’s what we need to target actually well over that in each recruiting class. Last year was excellent now we need to do it again

Good looks to be an outstanding athlete.

I believe 4 of our guys will go up in rankings by the end of November.
Daxon
Munoz
Crowley
Equakun

Ive been saying months Crowley is this years nesta, I guess I have to Munoz in there too.

Has a great track time but you wouldn’t know it if you watched his film. Didn’t look like a 10.6 guy in his highlights at all

I don’t get how you can come to that conclusion from that , if that film was a **** I wouldn’t even have gotten a chubby , much less fapped.

Wasn’t long at all.

Imo, not much can be taken from that.

I’ll take what the coaches seen in person over that.

I mean they’ve been evaluating a lot more than the hudl gurus here. And have a pretty **** good record at it.

Advertisement
Has a great track time but you wouldn’t know it if you watched his film. Didn’t look like a 10.6 guy in his highlights at all

What are you talking about? The kid looks dynamic in the Wing T as a wingback. At least in that short clip, he hits the edge hard understands where to cut. Blocks aggressively in those clips.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? The kid looks dynamic in the Wing T as a wingback. At least in that short clip, he hits the edge hard understands where to cut. Blocks aggressively in those clips.
He did not look dynamic, if you call that dynamic film then I dont know what you are looking at. It was very underwhelming

He did not look dynamic, if you call that dynamic film then I dont know what you are looking at. It was very underwhelming

Not too much to see in 2 and a half minutes, but enough to see the kid is very athletic and cuts and doesn't lose acceleration. Has very nice size for a rising senior. I'll defer to our staff. Put that up with his 100 meter time and he looks like a good one who is going to blow up this fall I'm guessing. I like the pick up especially in a part of the state that produces some good players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't say blindy do anything. Your sarcasm sucks... Another whiny baby...

Didn’t whine about anything. And I prefaced what I said by saying I didn’t want to come off as a mope. Just want us to be elite again and not take diamonds in the rough in June. We are the ******* Miami Hurricanes. We should land 4 and 5 Star DTs on the regular. I’m tired of watching kids like Ryan Fines and Tyreic Martin (if he even actually exists) take up roster spots just because they are warm, big bodies. I don’t know enough about Simpson to trust his evaluations at this point. So sorry for not being a blind *** fan and questioning an offer. I’ll try to share your opinion next time to make it easier on you.

I like this take better than damarious good that’s for sure. Goes without saying though we need more star power(big name guys) in this recruiting class

- our blue chip percentage needs to go up period. Majority of the teams competiting year in and year out have over 50% blue chippers on their teams. That’s what we need to target actually well over that in each recruiting class. Last year was excellent now we need to do it again

You could be happy about Munoz commitment without dragging Good through the mud.

Wake up son. We don’t land very many Blue chippers. Never have and never will. Bags get you blue chips

Didn’t whine about anything. And I prefaced what I said by saying I didn’t want to come off as a mope. Just want us to be elite again and not take diamonds in the rough in June. We are the ******* Miami Hurricanes. We should land 4 and 5 Star DTs on the regular. I’m tired of watching kids like Ryan Fines and Tyreic Martin (if he even actually exists) take up roster spots just because they are warm, big bodies. I don’t know enough about Simpson to trust his evaluations at this point. So sorry for not being a blind *** fan and questioning an offer. I’ll try to share your opinion next time to make it easier on you.

Sure you did. You had no idea this kid missed his entire junior season. Watch where this kid goes if he hits the camp circuit this summer. He'll blow up at STA if he stays healthy this fall.

Advertisement
Back