New DT offer(2019)

I actually really love the approach from the coaches this season. Seems like they're really focusing on athleticism and upside, especially on defense, rather than rankings. Hopefully their evals are on point but I appreciate the mindset.

Yep. Old staff put a premium on guys with such limited ability, simply because they could get them. I love the idea of just taken a class full of high ceiling studs, and the staff doing the rest.

Advertisement

Watch him in the drills against the bags. Imo he has the mold of the Bosa’s. Very lean but solid athletic kid with a motor. He’s a take in my eyes regardless who we are after. This is a kid that gets a late offer from Big 10 country and turns into a 1st day pick.

Where’s @Paranos when you need him??? 👀

TAKE!

Last edited:
He is surprisingly good with high energy and nonstop motor, bring him to camp and see what he’s got vs better Competition because I wasn’t totally convinced with STA’s O-line effort. I like that he’s representing with that Blades practice jersey! 🙌🏾

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Watch him in the drills against the bags. Imo he has the mold of the Bosa’s. Very lean but solid athletic kid with a motor. He’s a take in my eyes regardless who we are after. This is a kid that gets a late offer from Big 10 country and turns into a 1st day pick.

Where’s @Paranos when you need him??? 👀

TAKE!

I agree with this. 276 lbs with a 6 pal. And moves real quick. Take all the way IMO.

You’re right. I should just blindly get excited about us offering an unranked DT while seemingly striking out on elite DTs (Sans Nesta) for multiple years. No cause for concern. The trenches aren’t that important. Thanks for the advice!

Nesta was a mid 3* (around the #650 player in the country when he committed here). You seem to not realize that rankings change. Look at Logan Cash, ranked in the 700s, yet Clemson has him on commit watch because they know he's good.

I know nothing about Munoz, but missing all of last season is certainly a good reason for why he's under the radar.

If he has a great year for STA, he'll blow up

Advertisement
According to TOS live recap of the camp, Munoz dominated. Richt personally asked him to be put up against an OL kid that did well today -Marcus Finger from Fort Myers- and Munoz blew right through him. Simpson has been watching him this spring The kid said that after the camp, Richt, Simpson, Diaz and all the coaches came over to talk to him and offered him in person. Ivins has him on commit watch.

I actually really love the approach from the coaches this season. Seems like they're really focusing on athleticism and upside, especially on defense, rather than rankings. Hopefully their evals are on point but I appreciate the mindset.

It’s about dame time the staff changed up the approach. We have whiffed on big time guys for far too long. The approach needed to be changed. The days of landing Asante Cleveland and Ryan Fines of the world are over. I’m glad the staff had the foresight to see that we were struggling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back