New DT offer(2019)

Advertisement
Not trying to be a mope, but how in the world are elite DTs not beating our doors down to come here? Our depth chart and defensive scheme have to be attractive. Is it too hot down here for them? Do our orange jerseys make them look too fat? I just don’t get it. If it weren’t for Nesta, we would have completely whiffed last year. Miller passes the eye test, but is still a huge question mark. I know it’s early, but this year is starting to feel eerily similar.

Seems very athletic for that size. What do the d line gurus on here think about him?

Advertisement
A zero star DT from STA. What’s the background on this guy? Did he just transfer in to STA? How does he fly so far under the radar at a school like that?

Advertisement
A zero star DT from STA. What’s the background on this guy? Did he just transfer in to STA? How does he fly so far under the radar at a school like that?

He's not 0 star, he just not rated. That's not the same thing.
And it looks like the issue was DE v. DT. As a DE, he's a mid-3* talent on 247. As a DT, the coaches evidently were blown away and offered on the spot.

Advertisement
Step back from the key board..come back when a few more posters post. Jesus you sound frustrated.. lol

You’re right. I should just blindly get excited about us offering an unranked DT while seemingly striking out on elite DTs (Sans Nesta) for multiple years. No cause for concern. The trenches aren’t that important. Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement
I actually really love the approach from the coaches this season. Seems like they're really focusing on athleticism and upside, especially on defense, rather than rankings. Hopefully their evals are on point but I appreciate the mindset.

You’re right. I should just blindly get excited about us offering an unranked DT while seemingly striking out on elite DTs (Sans Nesta) for multiple years. No cause for concern. The trenches aren’t that important. Thanks for the advice!

But how many undeserving DT offers have we sent out in June during that time?
It's one thing for you to argue we miss on all the elite DTs, "sans Nesta." But I don't think anybody has argued we have gone after a bunch of average DTs during that period. They have all been pretty upper tier guys, we just haven't landed them. So why would you assume this guy isn't upper tier as well?

Not trying to be a mope, but how in the world are elite DTs not beating our doors down to come here? Our depth chart and defensive scheme have to be attractive. Is it too hot down here for them? Do our orange jerseys make them look too fat? I just don’t get it. If it weren’t for Nesta, we would have completely whiffed last year. Miller passes the eye test, but is still a huge question mark. I know it’s early, but this year is starting to feel eerily similar.

Your going to get beat down for that comment as usual, but your not wrong. Nesta was a SF guy and should have been high on us.

Let me just put it this way, Vince Wilforks don't grow on trees. I don't think even today there are many guys who can measure up to the all around beast he was.....but those who can come close, let's just say they don't come cheap and they're normally not Florida guys.

To a guy like Saban, the best of the best in the trenches are worth every **** necessary penny.

UM

Advertisement
Back