New Dorms

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
I'm interviewing players talking about junior day and one big theme is how much everybody likes the new dorms. I've gotten good feedback from everybody about the dorms. Some people say the staff are showing them off as much as they show off the IPF. Here's a quote from one recruit.

"The campus is small. I like that. They are putting in restaurants and shops in the dorms so no need to leave. It'll be like it's own city."

Advertisement
What a waste of money, putting restaurants and shops in the dorms. No wonder they can justify the price of tuition going up every year to obsurdly new heights, for crap like this. It's no wonder I will be paying my student loans until I'm 40.

If it helps bring in more recruits we don’t care about it making your tuition go up 😅

What a waste of money, putting restaurants and shops in the dorms. No wonder they can justify the price of tuition going up every year to obsurdly new heights, for crap like this. It's what happens when you call yourself a "non-profit" and have so much money you don't know what else to do with it. It's no wonder I will be paying my student loans until I'm 40.
Stfu....

What a waste of money, putting restaurants and shops in the dorms. No wonder they can justify the price of tuition going up every year to obsurdly new heights, for crap like this. It's what happens when you call yourself a "non-profit" and have so much money you don't know what else to do with it. It's no wonder I will be paying my student loans until I'm 40.
Looks like it's time for you to hit the Portal, dude. I've heard UCF 4 year undergrad in-state tuition is less than $25K...make that move...Lulz

Advertisement
No recruit in history has made a college football decision based on dorms, let alone a restaurant that isn't included in their meal plan that probably serves worse food then the lobster and steak they can get at their facilities.

People put too much stock into things recruits say in interviews. You can have the best dorms in the country and then kids will find something else to complain about to have an excuse for why they picked somewhere else.
This.

Let's knock down the IPF too. Total waste of space and resources.

No recruit in history has made a college football decision based on dorms, let alone a restaurant that isn't included in their meal plan that probably serves worse food then the lobster and steak they can get at their facilities.

People put too much stock into things recruits say in interviews. You can have the best dorms in the country and then kids will find something else to complain about to have an excuse for why they picked somewhere else.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Fast forward to the 2 minute mark. If you don't think this helps then you're out of your mind.

5th paragraph in this article. Schools would use it to negative recruit us too, as they should have.

Last edited:

I heard they go to Clem$on for that cute slide they have over there 😒

BS. You must haven’t seen Clemson campus. That scit sells.

Advertisement

Miami dorms looked pathetic compared to other programs. It absolutely was needed

You believe he didn't pick Miami because of our dorms?
View attachment 82454View attachment 82456View attachment 82457

For those of you that don't know. The one on the left is a UF dorm, the middle one is FSU, and the in the right is UM. For reference FSU is ranked as the #10 dorms in the country.

Now are FSU dorms better, obviously.
Do the Miami dorms need to be improved, OBVIOUSLY.
Should Miami spend money to improve their dorms, of course.
Is the difference between Miami dorms and FSU dorms huge, no.
Would someone pick FSU for football based solely or in large part because of the dorms, no
But most importantly, are no restaurants and shops the reason the dorms at Miami suck, NO

You're a clown. I'm responding to your exact words and he said what he said. What's the matter? His words not good enough and don't fit your narrative? I've been to the schools you showed pictures of and at UF and FSU athletes didn't live in those dorms you referenced. FSU they were mainly either in Burt Reynolds hall (some freshmen) which is on the other side of Stadium Drive and overlooks the stadium or Osceola ridge which were 4 suites with a common area. I had HS friends that played there and would visit them up there. That was in the mid 2000s and they have probably upgraded the athletes since then. Like I said before, you don't know what you're talking about.

For those of you that don't know. The one on the left is a UF dorm, the middle one is FSU, and the in the right is UM. For reference FSU is ranked as the #10 dorms in the country.

Would someone pick FSU for football based solely or in large part because of the dorms, no
But most importantly, are no restaurants and shops the reason the dorms at Miami suck, NO

All I've been trying to say is stop believing the crap these recruits are saying. Miami dorms suck, but so do the majority of dorms, but they are not even in the top 10 of reasons a recruit won't come here. Of course they should be improved, but the restaurants and shops are stupid for football players. They get free food that is 10x better and more personalized than the average restaurant.
Quit complaining about something that will help Miami in the long run especially in recruiting

All I've been trying to say is stop believing the crap these recruits are saying. Miami dorms suck, but so do the majority of dorms, but they are not even in the top 10 of reasons a recruit won't come here. Of course they should be improved, but the restaurants and shops are stupid for football players. They get free food that is 10x better and more personalized than the average restaurant.

Just take your L and move on. It was a weak stance to start with and now you're going down a rabbit hole to defend it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dorms are a huge factor! Most big time programs have “athletic dorms” meaning 49% of the total students in that specific dorm are athletes. If you’re dorms don’t have at least a living room you’re living in the stone ages. Nowadays athletic dorms have kitchens in the room. It’s a major recruiting tool because every kid stays in the dorm at least one year.

Last edited:

IE I dont visit any other college campuses in America

Advertisement
Dorms are a huge factor! Most big time programs have “athletic dorms” meaning 49% of the total students in that specific dorm are athletes. If you’re dorms don’t have at least a living you’re living in the stone ages. Nowadays athletic dorms have kitchens in the room. It’s a major recruiting tool because every kid stays in the dorm at least one year.

Main reason why Auburn continues to recruit at a High level. Probably some of the best dorms in all of Division 1 Football

I don’t buy the dorm thing. I’m sure it can be a selling point and a negative recruiting tool, but most kids use their stipend checks to live off campus as soon as possible. These things are used as excuses for losing out on talent. If you’re choosing one school over the other bc you have an extra 100 sq foot and a bigger fridge you aren’t a great decision maker

True but other schools have been negatively recruiting against Miami based upon said dorms for years - it’s only now that we can stand on our own compared to other schools. Hence why Diaz and the other coaches make a point o show off plans to prospective recruits so they can see first hand improvements are on the way. And wait until the new frosh dorms break ground. All in all Miami is doing its best to keep up with the arms race known as living quarters and facilities when compared against other schools, in particular those in the ACC.

Advertisement
Back