Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
Guidry, 40, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count each of second-offense DWI and improper lane usage, the affidavit said.
“Guidry was previously arrested for DWIs on April 1, 1990, and Sept. 12, 2003,” the affidavit said. The affidavit did not say where those arrests took place.

Definitely answers the question of why he hasn’t gotten bigger opportunities.

Sheesh. Appreciate it.

Has to be 2 way street. Some guys just don’t want to come to Miami. Guidry seems like a very good coach. Of course, time will tell but from his last coaching stops, he’s done very well.
How has he done very well? Hes never moved up until now.

His year at Marshall was good. Where else?

Ive already said im giving him a chance. I just know this isnt the best we could do.

Advertisement
@crossover22[]_[] live your life player. You either like it or you dont. These fools cant stand for someone to have a different opinion.
Homie i truly respect you.

If you dont suck off every hire something is wrong. Im cool with going against the norm. Doesn't bother me at all.

No one here can tell me this is the guy to get ring number 6.

Love this hire!

Not sure why do people say stuff like "let's see how he does against ACC competition though".

He was in the Sun Belt conference, but he had Sun Belt level talent on his defense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And the plays aren't any different. Matter of fact, some of the most innovative offensive guys are at the lower level.

Concepts are concepts.

When has a coordinator ever had an elite unit at the G5 level but completely fell off at the P5 level?

Have you had a chance to dig into what he does schematically?

The more I think of it, the more I **** with Mario.

He knows this dude has a past, and has found it in him to look past that.

None of these fake classy guys we had in the past did that. Becoming more convinced this dude wants to win - by hook or crook.

And i like that.

He just bought some time with me and the OC hire, lol

Advertisement
How has he done very well? Hes never moved up until now.

His year at Marshall was good. Where else?

Ive already said im giving him a chance. I just know this isnt the best we could do.
How do you know this isn’t the best we could do? Like I said, many of the top DC’s aren’t going to leave to come to Miami. Especially for just a lateral move.

Has to be 2 way street. Some guys just don’t want to come to Miami. Guidry seems like a very good coach. Of course, time will tell but from his last coaching stops, he’s done very well.
Even the most elite play callers had to start somewhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Venables had no play-calling experience before taking the DC job at Oklahoma.

Aranda was at Utah State before taking the Wisconsin and LSU jobs.

I just named two of the most highly regarded DC's in college football, and this board would've shunned both of them.

Guidry has an actual body of work.

Advertisement
wow i stepped away from the thread for a couple hours and it went from excitement about the hire / researching his coaching accolades ...

to posts about his son who clearly had CTE and his DUI's.

The internet doesn't miss i guess. Someone @ me when we get back to talking football.

How many DUI could any of us have if we would have been pulled over and we're not in our lifetime. This was 12 years ago? Get down off the **** pedestal. What weak *** **** some do to make anything about Miami negative.
IMG_20230103_190604.jpg

Advertisement
Homie i truly respect you.

If you dont suck off every hire something is wrong. Im cool with going against the norm. Doesn't bother me at all.

No one here can tell me this is the guy to get ring number 6.
No you called him Marshall’s leftovers. You don’t know squat about him while 2 of our most respected football posters do. You had zero basis for it. You were just being miserable to **** on it. That’s the problem with what you’re doing.

Love this hire!

Not sure why do people say stuff like "let's see how he does against ACC competition though".

He was in the Sun Belt conference, but he had Sun Belt level talent on his defense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And the plays aren't any different. Matter of fact, some of the most innovative offensive guys are at the lower level.

Concepts are concepts.

When has a coordinator ever had an elite unit at the G5 level but completely fell off at the P5 level?
Did they set up any coaches clinics for you guys yet like they did last year? That was amazing insight

Will be great to hear your feedback when you get to meet this guy

Advertisement
Back