Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Lol. Excellent hire. A- grade at worst. Dude isn’t a head coach somewhere because of his history with some DUIs. Some of you are legit idiots.

Advertisement
So we phuckin ?
1656522171059.jpg

So Belk sucked last year and you also threw out the names of the DCs at Minnesota, NC State, Iowa State (60 something years old) and Oklahoma State. You think those guys are leaving those situations to come here???

You don’t know like I don’t but the last two I’d bet wouldn’t for certain. You’re literally making crap up to rain misery on something you know nothing about.
yea miami has never had a coach from Oklahoma state. Or nc state. 60 years old? We just had steele.

Every coach i named would be taking a step up coming to miami.

Dang this guy has more baggage than Pruitt that's for sure. I believe people can grow and learn from their mistakes though. And I'm not a cancel culture warrior. As long as he is a good leader to the guys in the locker room and produces in his job I'll be happy for him.

I don't think Mario would hire him if he didn't think he had learned from his mistakes.

Also doubt we'd get someone who saw the success this guy did if he didn't have some baggage.
Pruitt is an angry drunk, ***** coeds and cheats. I used to have to drive that ****head around in Tallahassee when he’d book a room at Duval to **** his side pieces. Tips well tho. Especially when he was pulling cash out of the hotel ATM to pay off HS coaches staying there with croots and leaving his truck idiling in valet with a whiskey/coke in the cup holder.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmmmmmm.

We're told that Mario has this great desire to get Candle on staff as the OC.

Yet this new DC has "a past", as it were. Wouldn't surprise me if Frost showed up given his issues. Doesn't seem to matter to Mario as long as he can keep his nose clean in the Gables.

Hang on.

Three DUI’s? Where is this coming from? He had one, correct?

Guidry, 40, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count each of second-offense DWI and improper lane usage, the affidavit said.
“Guidry was previously arrested for DWIs on April 1, 1990, and Sept. 12, 2003,” the affidavit said. The affidavit did not say where those arrests took place.

Definitely answers the question of why he hasn’t gotten bigger opportunities.

Hang on.

Three DUI’s? Where is this coming from? He had one, correct?
here is the source for the three DUIs. all more than 12 years ago.

Advertisement
Guidry, 40, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count each of second-offense DWI and improper lane usage, the affidavit said.
“Guidry was previously arrested for DWIs on April 1, 1990, and Sept. 12, 2003,” the affidavit said. The affidavit did not say where those arrests took place.

Definitely answers the question of why he hasn’t gotten bigger opportunities.
I’m not gonna lie I kinda want my DC to enjoy the sauce

Bud Foster was hammered and banging coeds his entire time at VT

Advertisement
Ok so being real here.

List his defensive rankings throughout his career vs the offenses he played against.

We are spending money like never before and you honestly think this is the best we could get? A guy with no track record of success. A guy that had been at multiple stops for only 1 season.

Maybe im wrong. If so then cool but if we are trying to get to bama, clemson, uga territory then this aint it.
Has to be 2 way street. Some guys just don’t want to come to Miami. Guidry seems like a very good coach. Of course, time will tell but from his last coaching stops, he’s done very well.

Love this hire!

Not sure why people say stuff like "let's see how he does against ACC competition though".

He was in the Sun Belt conference, but he had Sun Belt level talent on his defense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And the plays aren't any different. Matter of fact, some of the most innovative offensive guys are at the lower level.

Concepts are concepts.

When has a coordinator ever had an elite unit at the G5 level but completely fell off at the P5 level?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back