Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

lost me at "I just think"

wtf are you? Please explain how this hire was mishandled. Go ahead, we will wait...

Waiting GIF
I love how lathered up you are about this! This is gonna be awesome!!!

Advertisement
listening to Feldman and apparently this dude hasn’t really climbed the ladder because he has some type of blemish on his resume from a decade ago.
DUI 12 years ago.

Western Kentucky University football defensive coordinator Lance Guidry’s arrest on a charge of driving while intoxicated in Baton Rouge, La., last weekend is a shame not only for himself, but for the players and students who look up to him as a mentor.

Guidry, 40, who is from Louisiana, was arrested at 1:03 a.m. Saturday and booked at 2:51 a.m. Guidry’s blood alcohol content was 0.123 percent. The legal limit in Louisiana is 0.08 percent, which is the same as Kentucky.

Guidry was in Baton Rogue for the Louisiana State University vs. WKU football game Saturday. He was also looking at high school games in the area since part of a coach’s job on these trips to evaluate potential recruits. After that, he met up with a friend at a restaurant near a hotel where the team was staying.

What is troubling about this issue, besides the fact it is his third DWI charge, is the way WKU is handling the matter.

this explains why he never ascended. that was 12 years ago though and people change.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
DUI 12 years ago.

Western Kentucky University football defensive coordinator Lance Guidry’s arrest on a charge of driving while intoxicated in Baton Rouge, La., last weekend is a shame not only for himself, but for the players and students who look up to him as a mentor.

Guidry, 40, who is from Louisiana, was arrested at 1:03 a.m. Saturday and booked at 2:51 a.m. Guidry’s blood alcohol content was 0.123 percent. The legal limit in Louisiana is 0.08 percent, which is the same as Kentucky.

Guidry was in Baton Rogue for the Louisiana State University vs. WKU football game Saturday. He was also looking at high school games in the area since part of a coach’s job on these trips to evaluate potential recruits. After that, he met up with a friend at a restaurant near a hotel where the team was staying.

MAN, if a guy doesn't have an alcohol related incident, I don't know if I can trust him.

Only time will tell whether Guidry turns out to be a good hire. With that being said, keep it 100. Not a soul on this board knew who the **** he was before today. I sure as **** have never seen anyone drop his name before at any time.

We aren't talking about some young, up and comer who was climbing the ranks and may have still gone unnoticed. The man has been coaching CFB for 20 years. No one finds it just a tad odd this is his first P5 job? Coaches that are well respected, sought after don't coach that long without going unnoticed or getting a real opportunity.

From the looks of it he has had 1 great year as a DC, which came at Marshall. And what looks to be against a God awful schedule. If people have doubts, they have the right as this by no means is a slam dunk hire. Nothing in his resume tells yout that. So far he is a 1 hit wonder.

With that being said, I am in wait and see mode and pray he can replicate what he did at Marshall here.

DUI 12 years ago.

What is troubling about this issue, besides the fact it is his third DWI charge, is the way WKU is handling the matter.

We are so back

Advertisement
DUI 12 years ago.

Last drunk we had was Erickson. I'm good with the hire.

I don’t know a thing about him and i don’t have to. I’m not sure you do either. If SouthPark and LCE like it, I’ll take their word for it because they know their **** and if they didn’t like it they wouldn’t say it was a good hire.

Do you really think we’re getting Schumann to leave UGA or someone on a level close to where we are - who’s top notch - making that lateral move?
Not dissing anyone because there are people here with fantastic football knowledge but go look at when steele was hired. Same guys saying its a great hire when i said it is a bad hire. Hes past his prime.

You should definitely believe who you want and who you trust. Doesn't make them right.

Same guys said gattis was a fantastic hire. Ole crossover said pump the brakes fellas.

I'd start a Green Wave tears thread but they only have enough fans to shed a single tear.

Advertisement
DUI 12 years ago.

this explains why he never ascended. that was 12 years ago though and people change.

Writing on the wall, FROST COMING :ROFLMAO:👀

Steele was dog **** not sure why people are even bringing his name up . He got looked over because our oc was even worse which i never thought could be possible. So yes it makes me question mario abilities to hire coordinators . Imagine if golden had a Dorito on both sides of the ball like we did under mario
Yeah, but the was laaast year.

Advertisement
Back