Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Top 10 defense at Marshall last year. Good football hire by Mario. Not a sèxy or flashy name but a guy who has gotten results

Advertisement
That came outta nowhere. I, like just about everyone else, never heard of the guy. Seems like a very good hire. From the #’s posted from some, Giudry’s D’s have been very good. It’ll be interesting to see what the D staff will look like.

Advertisement
Just so yall know. Aint no amount of stats and previous work gonna gas me up. Man gonna have to prove it here. I seen Steele give all world Joe Burrow issues, come here and get roasted by MTSU and Duke. Man gonna have to coach up our players. Im pleased with the hire. But im in Missouri now. A Show me state of mind.
We sure are glad we know.

I expect our fundamentals, especially tacking, to get much better. If not, then there is something even larger going on and we are truly rotten at the core. Tackling isn't splitting atoms - there's literally no reason why we shouldn't be in the top 40 for tackling this coming season.

We have athletes. Now, we need them to get fundamentally sound across the board. We haven't seen that in Coral Gables since 2000.

Wtf are you mopes complaining about lol

The stats across the board are great he took it to ND @ ND. He’s passionate, runs a system our athletes can play in, and him leaving Tulane to come here means he wants to be here.
I agree with all but the last point. Steele left Maryland to come here, then straight dipped for Bama. Still love the hire tho

Advertisement
Thought bubble...

Guidry is a DB coach. Does this free up Mario to drop Addae and promote DVD? DVD would be able to be a fully on-the-road recruiting savage while Guidry holds his hand with the DB's. Would obviously also mean that Guidry wouldn't have the burden of a full position coach as he'd have DVD at his side.

Advertisement
lit the kid mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement
Thought bubble...

Guidry is a DB coach. Does this free up Mario to drop Addae and promote DVD? DVD would be able to be a fully on-the-road recruiting savage while Guidry holds his hand with the DB's. Would obviously also mean that Guidry wouldn't have the burden of a full position coach as he'd have DVD at his side.
Yeah I mentioned this as well. Priority #1 is letting Guidry choose the support staff he wants. But…it does set up nicely and you could groom DVD by having him learn under Guidry.

Advertisement
Back