Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

1. It’s Ole Miss, not old miss

2. He went to Southern Miss

3. He’s lived in South Florida since 1998. This is his home.
Just because he’s lived in South Florida for 20+ years doesn’t mean he’s automatically associated with this university. He’s never showed any interest or love for us. Why does everyone assume he wants to coach here

Advertisement
Just because he’s lived in South Florida for 20+ years doesn’t mean he’s automatically associated with this university. He’s never showed any interest or love for us. Why does everyone assume he wants to coach here
Surtain actively pushed all of his kids away from the program yet it should be a layup for Mario to convince him to leave his first college job after 1 season - CIS logic

Not necessarily true.
One can live in an area for many years and not consider it "home"
I know from first-hand experience.
Perhaps you know him personally?
(serious question)
Its home for him.

He couldve left and remains its the same as JT. At this poinbt pat has lived here longer than anywhere else in his life

Advertisement
Its home for him.

He couldve left and remains its the same as JT. At this poinbt pat has lived here longer than anywhere else in his life
Unfortunately, home is where the heart is.

Surtain is similar to John Bosa (Nick & Joey’s father). He’s lived here since he got drafted by the Phins in 1987, yet never cared for UM at all. Their mother went to OSU and had always been an advocate for that **** school. Dad was cool with it, because while he lived here and that was home, he never considered UM “home”.

In fact dad played at BC and was on the Hail Flutie team. Between BC and OSU I’d bet they hate UM, yet have lived in South Florida for 35 years. I guess it’s as simple as doesn’t matter where you live, sometimes you don’t care for a singular college.

Unfortunately, home is where the heart is.

Surtain is similar to John Bosa (Nick & Joey’s father). He’s lived here since he got drafted by the Phins in 1987, yet never cared for UM at all. Their mother went to OSU and had always been an advocate for that **** school. Dad was cool with it, because while he lived here and that was home, he never considered UM “home”.

In fact dad played at BC and was on the Hail Flutie team. Between BC and OSU I’d bet they hate UM, yet have lived in South Florida for 35 years. I guess it’s as simple as doesn’t matter where you live, sometimes you don’t care for a singular college.
I’ve lived 120 miles from UTK for 40 years and despise them. Many of us Canes fans live many miles away from campus but our allegiance is unwavering. The same can be said for many other teams fans.

I’ve lived 120 miles from UTK for 40 years and despise them. Many of us Canes fans live many miles away from campus but our allegiance is unwavering. The same can be said for many other teams fans.
Exactly, which is why it was a MUST for Mario to recruit nationally when he got hired.

South Florida is a melting pot, lots of people that live here aren’t from here. Then even if your family tree runs deep in FL, you have FSU, UF ties to deal with as well.

Advertisement
Exactly, which is why it was a MUST for Mario to recruit nationally when he got hired.

South Florida is a melting pot, lots of people that live here aren’t from here. Then even if your family tree runs deep in FL, you have FSU, UF ties to deal with as well.
Then factor in UMs success (or lack thereof) last 20 years and you see why just living in South Florida most of your life means jack ****. These kids who’s parents aren’t die hard UM fans don’t give UM a discount, don’t give UM the benefit of the doubt… might as well be a recruit from Georgia.

1. It’s Ole Miss, not old miss

2. He went to Southern Miss

3. He’s lived in South Florida since 1998. This is his home.
Maybe he views Miami as a sinking ship. If we are going to be as objective as possible, FSU is coming off a 13-1 season and we went 7-6. Obviously I feel like their season was a farce, but does he? Maybe he just thinks the two programs are going different directions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I grew up in soFla, living there 10 of my first 17 years of life.
I have lived in the Balt-DC area since the early 1980s.
I still consider soFla home.
I know I'm not alone.
I grew up in Tampa and a Cane fan when I moved to Los Angeles the day after Christmas 1984. I have not considered Tampa home for a very long time, but still root for the Canes. I still root for the Buccaneers.

We just loaded up on some elite pass rushers and seem to be wanting that (duh who doesn’t) so a press man philosophy would make the most sense

Advertisement
Back