Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

To be honest, I was rooting for Evan Cooper as he seems to be doing a good job recruiting, especially soFla.
But this guy sounds promising and he's done good work at Marshall. He did get fired at Kansas after one year on Leipold's staff, but I suspect that was more to do with Kansas HC wanting to bring in his own guy.
It happens.
Anyways, best of luck to Chevis.

The little midget Blostein over at Noles 247 thinks Nebraska’s South Florida success was because of this dude they just hired.

Can’t wait until he has to look through the windows while Randy and Novell are banging at some poor kids door trying to get in.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Advertisement
At this point, if he's been hired then we might as well just move forward with it and see what he's about.

Did you know him before all this? What's your take on the guy as a coach?

Chevis was 2017 MAC Recruiter of Year.
Recruited alot of kids from Georgia..

Good looking you don’t get a chance to be in the top two at these heavyweight Sec schools unless you know your craft very well.

Advertisement
I like the hire. I like his resume. Former player from a great program(LSU). Played in the league, has seen success coaching at different stops on the college level. I hope he resembles Guidry with his love/passion for coaching. Knowing Guidry’s system is a big plus also. Staff continuity is needed.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
The guy has LSU ties (GA at LSU, coached under Les Miles at Kansas, and played for Miles at LSU) as well as recruiter of the year while at Ball State.

This guy might surprise the fan base despite "lacking" the name.
It’s not “flashy” enough for some. The fan base will **** and moan about Mario getting in the way of the coordinators the cry when he doesn’t. Guridy has earned the right to get his guy based on performance thus far. I’m good with it.

Advertisement
Trash? He was hired to coach CBs by one of the best defensive minds in football. I think it was just a bad fit more then anything. Sometimes a great football coach can struggle due to it being a bad fit. Butch Barry struggled here and now he's one of the better OL coaches in the NFL.
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
I think the vast majority on here will agree that Guidry, JT and Nicholson are beasts. I personally think Salave'a is an excellent coach and recruiter. Couldn't be happier with our defensive staff. So while I have no idea who this new CB coach is, based on the recent coaching hires, I expect he's going to shut the doubters up.
Pretty sound logic. Beard was another one met with resistance that turned out to be a good one

Advertisement
Back