Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

Advertisement
Was he a great recruiter before he got here? Because he was the #2 recruiter in the country at uga and couldn't sign anyone here to save his life. Personally I just want us to focus on coaching whatever kids we have up and with that were gonna be just fine. I never understand why everyone just ignores the fact that ALL OF OUR SUCCESS CAME FROM DEVELOPMENT OF WHATEVER DUDES WE GOT. Not because we landed such highly rated kids. Cause majority of the time, we didn't.
Exactly .... A Coaches job is what??? To Coach....

"level up at the spot"

I get Addae has his problems, but do you think we were going to level up from someone who just got hired on as the DB coach for one of the best NFL teams in the league?

don't let your guys' blind hatred for Addae get in the way of reality that he knows what he's doing
I’ll judge Addae by his results here. In two years he had a passing efficiency defense average in the 80’s while failing to sign any cornerback of significance as a recruiter. Maybe he’ll be a good NFL coach but in 2022 he had a defensive backfield with 4 NFL players in it and finished 100th in pass efficiency defense. That’s about as terrible as you can be.

Edit: that 100th ranked pass defense also had a top 10 unit in sacks so it’s not like they didn’t have a pass rush to take the pressure off the DBs

Last edited:
Advertisement
A lazy hire would've been bringing back DVD or hiring some dude with "lOcAL tiEs!" just because he's from FL.

Guidreaux being a Safeties Coach & potentially bringing in his guy who ran the Corners speaks volumes to what he wanted for that room.

I don't understand the idea that Addae was a great "teacher" when our DBs regularly got beat, especially in 2022. Seriously, I still don't understand how our DBs got beat repeatedly aganist MTSU.

If Guidry wants him, that's good enough for me.
He wasn't, and that's not the job of a CB coach anyway. That position needs to be a recruiter, and Addae wasn't. He was dead weight and needed to go.

Advertisement
He wasn't, and that's not the job of a CB coach anyway. That position needs to be a recruiter, and Addae wasn't. He was dead weight and needed to go.

Uhh... that was my point? He sucked at recruiting, and his units were easily the worst on our defense.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

Inexcusable to not bring Surtain home.
Home?! Where? When? Talking bout his time at AH?!
1708215995187.gif

He’s not a Miami, or a UM guy, mane.

Addae WAS hired here coming off of being the #2 recruiter in the country at any position at uga... He literally was the exact hire you're asking for in this last quote. How did that work out? All this hiring a POSITION coach based simply off of recruiting potential is insane. Because if he can't coach then the recruiting goes to **** anyhow. You lock down elite recruits by having ELITE RESULTS. There is no such thing as an elite recruiter without that. That's called a staffer.
That’s twice you posted about one cycle at Georgia. Post his stats across the board. West Virginia, Arizona (or whatever BFE west school it was). Notoriously good recruiter who was considered an even better coach. How did that work out for you? I could pull a top 5 DB class at UGA. That’s not what I’m asking.

For the record, I stated I wanted that to be the strength of the coach, not his only quality. Recruiting beast who would bring in elite CBs. IMO talent >>> coaching at certain positions in college. We can agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Uhh... that was my point? He sucked at recruiting, and his units were easily the worst on our defense.

I don't disagree with anything you said.
Yeah, we totally agree. My post wasn't intended to be disagreeable at all.

Advertisement
So tired of hiring "big name" entitled position coaches, majority who are overrated as F, think they deserve even more money and look to jump ship every year, and accomplish jack s*** like Addae. Hire a super hard worker who will coach and croot their *** off. If Guidry wants him, dude can coach and you know Mario vetted his crooting skills/effort. Welcome to the U

Advertisement
Back