Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

I didn’t love the hire or his time here, no. I know UGA wasn’t shedding any tears over his departure & they hired the guy I liked (Fran Brown).
I want to hire based off recruiting potential. Now I have no clue where Chevis Jackson lands on that spectrum but that’s my #1 desired trait.

Get these JAGS off the field & lock down elite CBs.
Addae WAS hired here coming off of being the #2 recruiter in the country at any position at uga... He literally was the exact hire you're asking for in this last quote. How did that work out? All this hiring a POSITION coach based simply off of recruiting potential is insane. Because if he can't coach then the recruiting goes to **** anyhow. You lock down elite recruits by having ELITE RESULTS. There is no such thing as an elite recruiter without that. That's called a staffer.

Advertisement
I feel like Surtain just doesn't fw The Canes.

Idk. Seems like he just doesn't care for the program for whatever reason.

I've felt this way about him for years. I just don’t think he’s going to leave where he’s at for a lateral move, even if it was more money.

Just a gut feeling I have, maybe he thinks he never got enough attention from the hurricanes when he lived down here, who knows.

But I think there’s some resentment there. I could be wrong - like everybody else here I’m just talking out of my ***. Which is what most of this thread is, people talking out of their ***.

Like who gives a **** what anybody thinks this hire grades out to be. The only grade that’s important is a year from now and two years from now. The turds thought they had an A+ hire with Corey Raymond. ****, so did most of the people on this board. How did that turn out?

None of this **** means anything unless there are results associated with it. And we won’t know that for months, at least probably not until the end of next year or maybe even later.

Addae WAS hired here coming off of being the #2 recruiter in the country at any position at uga... He literally was the exact hire you're asking for in this last quote. How did that work out? All this hiring a POSITION coach based simply off of recruiting potential is insane. Because if he can't coach then the recruiting goes to **** anyhow. You lock down elite recruits by having ELITE RESULTS. There is no such thing as an elite recruiter without that. That's called a staffer.
I think Addae being the #2 recruiter leaving UGA is like whoever the QB coach is at USC being labeled the top QB recruiter. He got points for being associated.

I think Addae being the #2 recruiter leaving UGA is like whoever the QB coach is at USC being labeled the top QB recruiter. He got points for being associated.
I'm perfectly aware of that. But that's any recruiter in this landscape. Recruiting isn't an individual effort. It's a team effort but for some reason people simply want to focus on who's listed as primary recruiter and disregard the 3 or 4 other people who recruit them throughout atleast that year. It's why this recruiting topic is a joke. When we have results we will get the recruits we want. People did this same exact thing with JT & disregarded anything coach Joe did.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UGA recruits itself, that program is a machine.

UGA's CB recruiting didn't miss a beat after Addae left, in fact it actually improved.

Hiring Coaches from recruiting juggernauts like UGA & Bama rarely ever work out for us, because those Coaches have it extremely easy at those schools. They just show up with their team logo on a windbreaker & kids are lined up to sign with them.

Miami is a grind, it's hard fxkin work & if you're used to having everybody do your work for you, you're not gonna survive at Miami long.

Advertisement
UGA recruits itself, that program is a machine.

UGA's CB recruiting didn't miss a beat after Addae left, in fact it actually improved.

Hiring Coaches from recruiting juggernauts like UGA & Bama rarely ever work out for us, because those Coaches have it extremely easy at those schools. They just show up with their team logo on a windbreaker & kids are lined up to sign with them.

Miami is a grind, it's hard fxkin work & if you're used to having everybody do your work for you, you're not gonna survive at Miami long.

Part of it is, because of our lack of success the last 20 years, or so, you have to sell a lot harder to get people to come to Miami.

Guidry was given say here. Everyone thought KB would be a bad hire and he’s recruited well and our wrs grew under him. We can’t keep hiring mercenaries.

I think the vast majority on here will agree that Guidry, JT and Nicholson are beasts. I personally think Salave'a is an excellent coach and recruiter. Couldn't be happier with our defensive staff. So while I have no idea who this new CB coach is, based on the recent coaching hires, I expect he's going to shut the doubters up.

Advertisement
I think the vast majority on here will agree that Guidry, JT and Nicholson are beasts. I personally think Salave'a is an excellent coach and recruiter. Couldn't be happier with our defensive staff. So while I have no idea who this new CB coach is, based on the recent coaching hires, I expect he's going to shut the doubters up.

Ya hard to argue most of this at this point

Just mind-boggling to me the first round of hires went so bad…I mean you'd think he'd be able to see thru Gattis act at an interview? And maybe with the others (Strong/Steele, and again I'm not blaming that whole 1st season on those guys by any means, culture change can be a very bumpy dynamic in year 1), he just misjudged that age/energy was catching up to them?

Anyway glad to see the recent ones have produced good early results, and hopefully Jackson does too.

I just think it’s a B/B+ hire is all. Addae leaving created an opportunity for us to really level up at the spot. He’s a low ceiling/high floor addition that I’m sure will be solid. Just not seeing the upside
So whats an A hire......what coach(realistically) are you wanting.

I can't remember specifics, but I vaguely remember Kansas getting 2 high-profile Top 150 4-star Louisiana kids to commit to them a few years ago, and everyone in the industry was shocked (at the time)... they didn't stick from what I remember, but what that Jackson's doing?

Advertisement
I can't remember specifics, but I vaguely remember Kansas getting 2 high-profile Top 150 4-star Louisiana kids to commit to them a few years ago, and everyone in the industry was shocked (at the time)... they didn't stick from what I remember, but what that Jackson's doing?

Kansas - many years ago - hired a big time Louisiana guy to help recruit and he proceeded to create a mini LA > KS pipeline. There are still remnants of that pipeline.

Kansas - many years ago - hired a big time Louisiana guy to help recruit and he proceeded to create a mini LA > KS pipeline. There are still remnants of that pipeline.
So, if I'm picking up what you're laying down... the LA>KU initiative pre-dates Jackson, but he was one of the cogs in the machine?

Advertisement
Back