Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

Advertisement
I remember when everyone was praising the All Star staff in 2022. Kevin Steele, Josh Gattis and Addae were massive names who couldn't miss! Well about that... All im saying is it takes a special coach to work for Mario, you need to match his worth ethic and that fits more of a young and hungry coach then a big name with options.

I remember when everyone was praising the All Star staff in 2022. Kevin Steele, Josh Gattis and Addae were massive names who couldn't miss! Well about that... All im saying is it takes a special coach to work for Mario, you need to match his worth ethic and that fits more of a young and hungry coach then a big name with options.
Add that to the fact that he knows Guidry's system and as long as this guy is a competent recruiter he will do well in my view.

Advertisement
20240217_124859.jpg

Just reads as a "let me bring in my guy...trust me".

DBs had a lot of issues last year. Communication looked like one of them. Maybe this helps with that.

The new safeties are seemingly praised for their on field stuff...moreso with Powell.

All of these hires, transfers seem to say "let's get what we want on the field and we'll be fine."

Is this guy a capable, active recruiter?

With the caveat that I’m overall pretty dumb and know nothing…I feel like recruiting as a Mario assistant is just a whole different ballgame than recruiting under most head coaches. Like hitting in front of a truly great cleanup hitter.

I just don’t think we need heroes with the recruiting stuff. If you grind, aren’t an absolute weirdo, and can build/maintain relationships I think Mario and his recruiting staff will make the rest work.

And I think that’s what this dude will do. Throw in the trust/familiarity with Guidry, the chance he stays for a bit, and the potential to build a real Louisiana pipeline I’m 100% on board with the move.

Advertisement
I would imagine the day-to-day grind (meetings, film study, recruiting, etc.) expectation at FSU under Norvell is different (lower) than at Miami under Mario.

Takes a particular type of person to sign up to solely focus his energy and time to football. Saban isn't for everyone (players and coaches), and I'm sure Mario is the same way.
This!

Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys are really going to cry about not getting Pat Surtain, Sr as the CBs coach when Surtain has never shown one iota of interest in UM?

I recall his kid took an official visit to Miami as a courtesy. That’s the extent of anything he’s done for Miami.

This is going to make me breakout my inner @SWFLHurricane and….

@Brooklyndee !!!!

I think its a very smart pickup. If you love Guidry why wouldn't you want the full teaching philosophy of his defense being extended by someone who knows him very well. Guidry trusts him to coach his philosophy.

Hopefully we don’t see as many mental errors on the backend next year. CB and Safeties haven’t been on the same page for the last 2 years.

How is it inexcusable if Surtain doesn’t want to be at UM??? I don’t think he cares to be here over FSU or elsewhere.
Because every porster knows that there is nothing in this world other than Miami, it's The U bro! They didn't try hard enough, they should've drugged, tied and put him on the back of a trunk and forced him to wake up inside the dungeon of the Hecht with a DB board in front of him and a sign: "Bring those guys to Miami or we kill your family"

Advertisement
Back