New Cook Article on 247

1jamaicancane

Senior
- He's now 80% committed to UF, he's still making some decisions and wants to find his own for the next 4 years

- He's ov UM December 6t. "I just feel like over the past weeks, they've been coming at me strong," he said. "I just feel like I should give them a good look and try to show a little interest in the program."

- He's being recruited by Yearby and Darling hard but maybe who's recruiting him the hardest is Hurlie Brown. He's recruiting him really hard and he calls Cook probably every morning. Also, Cook calls him when he gets to school and they chat it up.

- Location is also huge for him. "I grew up a 'Cane. Who didn't grow up a 'Cane?" he said. "Everybody always wanted to be a 'Cane, but there's some decisions you've just got to make"

- Another factor is the struggles of UF. "When you're a top player coming out your class, you always want to go play on a good team and a top team," he said. "I just feel like with them struggling right now, it'll probably bring my recruiting down or something like that, I don't know."

- FSU is also making a huge push. He thinks the type of players and offense that they're running fits him perfectly in their system. He gets along well with the rbs coach and his style of coaching and loved his visit on the campus

- Lane keeps in contact wth him too. Lane texts him asking if he's 100% and Cook responds that he is, just a way to sell UF and they talk every day

- Da'Vante Phillips is also recruiting him for UF. He's like Cooks little brother and he'll have an impact on his decision along with family, coaches and other people like that

- He's going to the FSU-UF game but wont use an ov since he's seen everything he needs to see

- He plans to commit before the UA game. "Probably after the season or probably state game," he said. "I will probably make my final decision after the game. I'll probably put that hat on."

**** just got real!

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Keeping-Cook-committed-no-certainty-162083

Advertisement
he's obviously not going to UF its us vs FSU...he says he's choosing at UA game, but i bet **** move it back to NSD

he's obviously not going to UF its us vs FSU...he says he's choosing at UA game, but i bet **** move it back to NSD

The article said this time it won't be at the UA game but he did a big q&a a few weeks back that said it would be on that day so idk anymore

i am still reluctant, hoping he isnt pulling a hat stunt but it kind of reminds me of the tracy howard situation where things starting clicking at the right time.

Advertisement
If he is going to commit at the UA game, doesn't that mean he is NOT committed to UF? Hurlie is going to be a frigging monster recruiter.

Advertisement
Just feels more like Matt Thomas than Tracy Howard but I hope x 10000000000 that I'm wrong.

****. Reading this, it just feels like he's doing the staff a courtesy. He grew up a fan, his brother came here, and we're going after him hard - he's just giving us a look to be nice.

Like he said, he's got to make a decision at the end of the day. Sounds like he he's out.

Advertisement
****. Reading this, it just feels like he's doing the staff a courtesy. He grew up a fan, his brother came here, and we're going after him hard - he's just giving us a look to be nice.

Like he said, he's got to make a decision at the end of the day. Sounds like he he's out.

I would think that is why he is going to USF. At the end of the day, I rather take the chance and hope for the best.

I would think that until I read about him and Hurlie and that's not doing anybody a courtesy that's legit interest

Advertisement
Pretty clear the kids feeling FSU. Definitely of the front runner type.

I'm not the one to beg 17 year olds to pick a school i root for but this is the first time since Patrick Peterson (my class) that i know the kid will be a 1st round pick and All American smh.. Hope he comes here this kid has Devin Hester written all over him.. He's feeling FSU tho you can see it smh..

Advertisement
Back