new commit: Richard McIntosh

Welcome to the U young man. I definitely think this young man by his red-shirt soph year will grow into a 290 lbs SDE that will provide good versatility to set the edge and slide inside to DT in a pressure package.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Welcome to the U young man. I definitely think this young man by his red-shirt soph year will grow into a 290 lbs SDE that will provide good versatility to set the edge and slide inside to DT in a pressure package.

Go Canes

What a ****** idiot you are. Pressure package and from our DTs? GTFOH

Advertisement
He's that off side end type player, a guy who you put as a contain opposite your speed rusher and who can make plays too when teams inevitably come at him. What I'm guessing put off some people is his lack of huge impact sacks or FF, but I was watching a kid who was clearly playing smart assignment football each play. That's the kind of stuff that keeps super talented kids off the field in college, so if he has that coming in it's just a matter of his body getting where it needs to be before he gets PT.

Go Canes

What a ****in idiot you are. Pressure package and from our DTs? GTFOH

I have had it with your bull****! Yes we run a pressure package front on occasions and actually Chickillo would slide down to DT from DE, but if your decrepit *** had the ability to understand formations/alignments you would know that. Great way to sour a Welcome to the U thread.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement

27.gif

Yes, please. Wow.

Cardinal Gibbons defensive lineman Richard McIntosh became the 17th commitment in the Miami Hurricanes' 2015 recruiting class Thursday.

And it was hardly a surprise for his football coach Mike Morrill.

"He kind of indicated before I left on vacation last week he was going to commit on or about the Fourth of July," Morrill said. "Miami was on him early and they did a very nice job. They were very thorough. I think it's going to be a great fit for him."

McIntosh, ranked a three-star recruit by both Rivals and 247Sports.com, is as big and athletic a player Morrill said he's ever coached. Last season the Chiefs lined McIntosh at defensive end, tight end and wide reciever.

"He was over 270 pounds last I saw him," Morrill said. "He played probably about 240 last fall and then played basketball this winter. As soon as basketball ended he recommitted himself to the weight room and he really got big. But he's still growing. He's 6-4 1/2, about 270, 275 now.

"He's such an athletic kid, has tremendous feet. We even put him at quarterback in short yardage last season. I think in the playoff game we went short yardage against Immokalee and I think he got a first down, maybe even scored a touchdown. We're not afraid to put him anywhere on defense or offense."

McIntosh is the fifth player from Miami's immediate backyard to commit to the Hurricanes and the fourth from Broward County. His younger brother, Dion McIntosh, is a standout running back in the 2016 class Miami is also pursuing.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...tosh-commits-to-hurricanes.html#storylink=cpy

Golden you slick mfker!

Advertisement
Great pickup! I really like the way he plays and his athletic skill set. I was a little underwhelmed by his explosiveness but the kids raw and I think after 1-2 years in a college offseason program that he will be a lot more fast-twitch. Welcome to the U!

Unfortunately explosiveness isn't that trainable...that is one thing u can blame on your parents. Either you have it or you don't. However, although his explosiveness doesn't jump out at you (its not bad either) he looks strong, smart and does his job every time. Welcome young man. He looks like a good one to me

He is a great kid, already over 260 lbs. Very high potential and has 2 younger brothers who are legit!

If he is already 270 like his coach said, he will be 290 by his red shirt freshman season. Also the fact that he has a stud brother makes this pickup even more exciting!!!

Advertisement
If we sign 3 top RBs in this class it will be next to impossible to get any top RB to sign in 2016.

Advertisement
Back