New article on 5* DT Rasheem Green (Potential Favorite Emerg

he might be this year's coutrel jenkins. a kid we slept on who might turn out to be pretty good.

Advertisement
Here's an ESPN look at Green's recruiting . . .

Four schools remain in the mix for ESPN 300 defensive tackle Rasheem Green. Arizona State, Miami, Oregon and USC will battle all the way until signing day for the nation's No. 41 prospect. With two weeks to go and one visit left, things are heating up for the big lineman.

Green's first two visits -- to Oregon and Miami -- came during the season and left a strong enough impression that both schools remain in the mix, though likely fighting an uphill battle against USC.

The 6-foot-5, 290-pound Green is plenty familiar with USC as the local school but nevertheless took his official visit this past weekend. He joined teammate John Houston Jr. and virtually all of the USC verbal commitments.

Green said the biggest difference between the official visit and past unofficial visits was that he had an extended opportunity to spend time with players on the team. Green was hosted by offensive lineman Jordan Simmons, while Houston was hosted by former teammate Adoree' Jackson. As for what he got out of the visit, Green got right to the point.

"I expected to have a good time and I did," Green said via text.

USC appears to be in the driver's seat for Green, and he's been a priority for a class in desperate need of defensive linemen. But Arizona State, which will receive Green's final visit, will have the final say.

That trip, set for this weekend, will give Arizona State coaches an opportunity to make the last push before signing day. What's significant about the trip is that it's happening at all. When former USC interim head coach Ed Orgeron took over as defensive line coach at LSU, Green was one of the first recruits he reached out to; he was hoping to bring the defensive tackle in for an official visit. At this point, it looks unlikely that Green will take a significant look at the Tigers.

With four programs left, we look at how his commitment to each school could play out:

Arizona State: Every program in the nation looks to take advantage of a standout at any position in order to recruit further talent at that spot, and the Sun Devils have that in defensive tackle Will Sutton. The Sun Devils missed out on bringing in junior college standout Dalvon Stuckey in the 2014 class when he couldn't qualify academically, but they did get good production from true freshman Tashon Smallwood last year. Teaming Green and Smallwood would give the Sun Devils a nice one-two punch on the inside for the next few years. Green's commitment to the Sun Devils could also give the program a nice push on signing day, as Arizona State is in the mix for a number of high-profile prospects. But Green would be the highest-ranked high school recruit to sign with Arizona State since linebacker Vontaze Burfict in the 2009 class.

Miami: The Hurricanes have a terrific 2015 haul already, but it does appear one gaping hole is at the defensive tackle position, where three-star Ryan Fines is the only commitment. Miami signed two junior college commitments in the 2014 class but, like at Arizona State, Green would form a nice duo with 2014 ESPN 300 defensive tackle signee Anthony Moten. Green would also give the Hurricanes another significant recruiting victory in Southern California; Miami signed quarterback Brad Kaaya in the 2014 class and gained a commitment from 2015 offensive tackle Bar Milo. Defensive line coach Jethro Franklin and recruiting coordinator Brennan Carroll are familiar with Southern California from their time at USC and are always looking to pull prospects from the region.

Oregon: Ohio State proved that Oregon is still lacking a bit in the defensive front seven, and the Ducks are looking to provide immediate help there with the 2015 class. Oregon already has five-star defensive end Canton Kaumatule enrolled and on campus. Adding Green could give the Ducks two-thirds of its defensive line for at least the next three years. Signing Green would also send a significant message to the rest of the Pac-12, that not only is Oregon is a real player for the best recruits in Southern California but can now finish the deal and get them on campus.

USC: The Trojans are in immediate need of any kind of help they can get along the defensive line, with Leonard Williams off to the NFL. But beyond that, depth at the position will be severely tested following the 2015 season, as they lose virtually every defensive lineman currently on the roster. This is also a perception battle for USC. Initially, Green looked as though he would turn into a local fight between UCLA and USC. With the Bruins out of the picture, the loss of Green -- especially to a Pac-12 rival -- would be a significant blow to the Trojans' class. It's also important for USC to keep its presence felt at Gardena Serra, which provided former Trojans Robert Woods, Marqise Lee and George Farmer, as well as current standout Adoree' Jackson.

my projected finish for NSD:

Fred Johnson
Saleem Brightwell
Marcus Lewis
Evan Sherriffs
Simi Moala

I've seen this movie before. USC all day for both Houston and Green. But maybe we'll finish a distant second! Which this coaching staff will likely try to sell us as some moral recruiting victory. #Progress!

I just cannot see him going anywhere besides USC.

More to the point, we should hope this kid signs with USC. If he does, I think we have a good shot at that really athletic 3 star DT from SoCal (can't think of his name at the moment). If Rasheem Green commits to ASU, then USC will swoop up that 3* DT kid. #levels

I'm guessing you would prefer Green over Kevin Scott?

Advertisement
Has anyone else watched Kevin Scotts highlights?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3395990/kevin-scott

He is a straight beast. I don't know what the level of competition he played against is but he looks like a grown man playing against children. Considering this is his first year playing football, he might end up being better than Green.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I was thinking about him going to USC, then I read two articles clearly showing UO and ASU out of the picture and in this article it said how he wants to feel at home(USC) but also play early(UM) and I feel like he sees someone like Kaaya as an influence, he just seems to talk up Miami as much as possible and it makes me think we're really in this one

Oh boy.

Who knows maybe the fact we have Chatman visiting ASU this weekend could be good also. Maybe Chatman will talk to him and help veer him toward Us.

Advertisement
I just cannot see him going anywhere besides USC.

More to the point, we should hope this kid signs with USC. If he does, I think we have a good shot at that really athletic 3 star DT from SoCal (can't think of his name at the moment). If Rasheem Green commits to ASU, then USC will swoop up that 3* DT kid. #levels

I'm guessing you would prefer Green over Kevin Scott?

In a vacuum, yes. Green is the better overall prospect.

In the real world, where a kid like Green is not going to leave the Pac12, I would prefer to land somebody good. In this application, Kevin Scott has made statements that his dream school was USC but he does not have a committable offer from them as the USC coaching staff told him they are waiting on Rasheem Green. If USC lands Green, Kevin Scott will likely have his USC offer withdrawn. That would put the Canes in a good position for him. That was the rationale for my post above.

Fred Johnson
Saleem Brightwell
Marcus Lewis
Evan Sherriffs
Simi Moala

Wow so no additional WR's and no DT's. holy crap that would be epic fail to close out the class.

Is Moala a mormon and will he go on a mission after high school if so then that is a useless commit because Miami needs dline players that can be ready to go withing 2 years, not 3. Most kids coming back from a 2 year mission redshirt in order to get back into groove of football not to mention they need to retrain their bodies.

Go Canes

Advertisement

Fred Johnson
Saleem Brightwell
Marcus Lewis
Evan Sherriffs
Simi Moala

Wow so no additional WR's and no DT's. holy crap that would be epic fail to close out the class.

Is Moala a mormon and will he go on a mission after high school if so then that is a useless commit because Miami needs dline players that can be ready to go withing 2 years, not 3. Most kids coming back from a 2 year mission redshirt in order to get back into groove of football not to mention they need to retrain their bodies.

Go Canes

Disagree. Would take Moala even if it means he doesn't suit up til 3 years down the line. Need some grown *** men. The problem isn't him, it is that we have a guy like Loftus taking up a spot.

Article said the most important thing that placed the mystery school in first is playing immediately and the relationship between him and players/coaches.

Advertisement
Ya'll are setting yourselves up for heartbreak. This is GOLDEN. He hasn't landed a good dt IN HIS CAREER. Give up you fcukers.

Seriously, anyone who expects good fortune on NSD is insane and/or retarded.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back