New AP poll out

Seems like the AP is trying to show a loss is a loss regardless of when you loose.

They should've fell more than that IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Seems like the AP is trying to show a loss is a loss regardless of when you loose.

They should've fell more than that IMO.

That's what it looks like, I agree. Before there was a college football playoff committee, the AP would have dropped all three of them. Now that the committee has proven to not be so reactionary the AP is trying to keep it somewhat close to the committee's rankings.

I can see both Clemson and Louisville both making the playoffs if they win out.

Advertisement
Penn State might be the weakest team in the top 20 let alone the top 10. They'll finish the year unranked.

Who should replace Michigan and Clemson? Those rankings are obvious

AP poll don't mean sh*t, it's the CFP committee that will determine who's placed where...

With Clemson, Michigan, Washington & TAMU all losing, the committee is going to be forced to move Louisville, Oh St, Wisconsin, Pedo St, Oklahoma & Colorado up.

Actually no. The three that lost only have 1 loss...everyone else has two or more.

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see what happens if Clemson wins out and wins the ACC and Louisville wins out convincingly. Does the playoff committee send Loserville to the playoff over ACC champ Clemson when Clemson beat them head-to-head?

The BSCS would not have had a problem putting Louisville in over Clemson.

I think we get it now.
IF you're going to lose, lose to a middle of the road team on your schedule.
DO NOT lose THE game(s) on your schedule.

Advertisement
However it has to play out to have us play in Orlando or Jacksonville is good by me

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

To be fair how do you put Michigan below a 2 loss Wisconsin team that they beat? Who realistically should be ahead of either Michigan or Clemson? Keep in mind Clemson has a win over the #3 team as well.

Advertisement
All i know is if Miami was in Michigan's shoes, we would have fallen out of the top 6 or 7. Media is totally swallowing Harbough. Michigan hasn't done ****.

Here's a ***nut thought. If penny state wins out and osu beats um, Jer wins the division and goes to B1G title game while OSU gets the playoff birth. The phucking of Miami continues

AP poll don't mean sh*t, it's the CFP committee that will determine who's placed where...

With Clemson, Michigan, Washington & TAMU all losing, the committee is going to be forced to move Louisville, Oh St, Wisconsin, Pedo St, Oklahoma & Colorado up.

The committee has shown that they don't do their poll the old fashioned way. They don't replace a losing team with a winning team every single week like we're used to. I would bet my mortgage that one of the three teams that lost yesterday remains at #4 .
That is true... But if they don't they'll expose how the system is actually fixed & they're not an objective body...

Michigan will probably be dropped to 5th, but Wisconsin will most likely get moved into the 4 & Washington I think will drop to 6 or 7.

But the system isn't fixed. Their job is to put the best four teams in the playoffs. You expect a team to lose and drop out. That doesn't happen anymore. It's a whole season thing, not a week to week thing. Does anyone on earth really think that Wisconsin is better than Michigan, or are you conditioned to expect that because Michigan lost THIS WEEK?

Exactly. The only teams it makes sense to move up are tOSU and UL and thats because they also have one loss. Wisconsin, PSU, and Oklahoma should have no shot of ranking ahead of Michigan, UW, or Clemson. It will be interesting to see how they rank the new group though, because Washington was the only one that lost to a CFP top25 team, but they were ranked the lowest out of the 3 that lost. If I had to guess I'd say:

1. Bama
2. tOSu
3. Clemson
4. Michigan
5. Louisville
6. Washington
7. Wisconsin
8. PSU
9. Oklahoma
10. Colorado

Strangely enough that means Pitt has beaten two top10 teams.

All i know is if Miami was in Michigan's shoes, we would have fallen out of the top 6 or 7. Media is totally swallowing Harbough. Michigan hasn't done ****.

Based on what? Miami being ranked 10th after beating no one earlier this year? I think the media hate for Miami is overblown. Sure we have haters but we always get our props when it's due. A strong Miami is good for college football even when people hate on us at least they are talking about us and put us on primetime TV compared to now when the game isn't even televised nationally.

Advertisement
Back