New ACC TV deal with CW

Advertisement
The only thing this deal bumps up is Gray Television's (aka Raycom Sports') coffers. The ACC won't see a dime of additional money, while the conference's product continues to get passed around like a two-dollar *****.

ACC sold the rights to Disney/ESPN.
Disney/ESPN sold the rights to Raycom (as part of the media deal).
Raycom sold the rights to FSN/Bally/Diamond Sports.
Diamond Sports filed for bankruptcy and the rights reverted to Raycom.
Raycom sells the rights again...to the CW.

Step 2: "Disney/ESPN sold the rights to Raycom (as part of the media deal)." Sold at pennies on the dollar to Raycom, where John Swofford's son is an executive. This was basically quid pro quo for Swofford convincing ACC presidents to ratify long-term deals favorable to ESPN

Advertisement
Dang! The world is really passing me by. At first I thought CW Network was some Christian Worship Network! I said Hallelujah! Mario bringing the fear of God to our players like Dabo! Alas, Google search brought me some humble pie…

is this channel on youtubetv and will it be blacked out again? Last few years have been a ******* joke...

Advertisement
ACC deserve more than the CW

ACCW...

1689349810370.png

1689349908628.png

1689349855525.png

Advertisement
Looking forward to the Seminole/Supernatural crossover.

There's nothingburgers, and there's this. I know, I know, the maudes need something, anything to whine about, but these are secondary games no one is watching anyway. This was a likely outcome, considering that Bally's has gone under, everyone is scrambling to find a home for their programming, and as a result, the market is flooded.

The games that networks care about will be on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC and possibly the ACC Network imprint. Syracuse vs. Pittsburgh at noon in the middle of October? They will be on the CW. Miami has to win, and be a compelling product, end of discussion.

Advertisement
They stopped trying a long time ago...

The only thing this conference cares about is Duke/UNC Basketball & Clemson Football.

The rest of us are just cannon fodder.
Certainly does look that way.... The ACC network is terrible.... They wanted so much money from Cable companies to be carried and delivered horses**t for content...

Advertisement
Back