2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
And yet he is rated a 4 star recruit. Kid has some serious potential on the edge. This is our typical response every time a recruit doesn’t choose us or looking like they aren’t going to choose us. Dr Pepper nailed it with the last line.

Nah, I've said my piece before, during, and after his status changes. Genuine question: to what do you attribute his "serious potential" on the Edge? I don't consider him in the same stratosphere as a kid like Kelly or Moss. Where's this kid's change of direction? He wins off strength and straightline. He may end up a better player than both Kelly and Moss because there are tons of variables, but I'd love to better understand why some people see him as a bigtime Edge prospect.

Nah, I've said my piece before, during, and after his status changes. Genuine question: to what do you attribute his "serious potential" on the Edge? I don't consider him in the same stratosphere as a kid like Kelly or Moss. Where's this kid's change of direction? He wins off strength and straightline. He may end up a better player than both Kelly and Moss because there are tons of variables, but I'd love to better understand why some people see him as a bigtime Edge prospect.

I didn't see him on edge for the very reasons you note. Could see him as a decent MLB though. He'd be depth only at DE. ... of course our track record with hybrids like him is abysmal.

Watching his Miami interviews on various media channels I got the Daughtry Richardson 2 0 to the tribe vibe.

So we shall how this turns out.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Again, for this kid to be 3* (although he did move up in his 3* ranking), for all this drama & attention, he better be the next JJ or TJ Watt. If not, this kid is a better salesman that Cal Worthington of Cal Ford.
Cal Worthington reference. Thank you for this my man. You’re a real one.

I didn't see him on edge for the very reasons you note. Could see him as a decent MLB though. He'd be depth only at DE. ... of course our track record with hybrids like him is abysmal.
He looked way too slow to plays as an off-the-ball LB.

Advertisement
are we really that pressed for space? anyway i trust mario and Joe's evaluation. if they want him they have a reason.
I’m sure they want him as teams have to recruit more than they expect to sign. But i don’t think he was ever going to be a difference maker at UM, and i really, really did not think he would be happy at UM.
UF gives the kid the best of both worlds; stays close to him and goes to school in a college town with lots of kids who like country music and drive pick ups.

I’m sure they want him as teams have to recruit more than they expect to sign. But i don’t think he was ever going to be a difference maker at UM, and i really, really did not think he would be happy at UM.
UF gives the kid the best of both worlds; stays close to him and goes to school in a college town with lots of kids who like country music and drive pick ups.
You nailed it my friend "country music and pick ups".

Advertisement
Again, for this kid to be 3* (although he did move up in his 3* ranking), for all this drama & attention, he better be the next JJ or TJ Watt. If not, this kid is a better salesman that Cal Worthington of Cal Ford.
and his dog Spot.

*lol @ the b.s. wrestling tournament excuse tyhe whole time.

In what world would a wrestling tournament be more important than making a correct college decision?. They were told to keep that date open exactly for something like this..

Either way this kid was heading to Auburn if not..he gets the UF offer which he will now that he has a 4star he is 100% committing there.

Football is where he will have a future to make money. Which program will be best for him to accomplish that is the question. If his football career takes a dive then there is the transfer portal back to a wrestling school option. I guess that is another possibility.
Unless he is actually good enough at wrestling to go to Cornell or something like that. In which case, that may be the best option for him. I don't really follow HS wrestling, but unless he is absolutely destroying the competition in Florida I doubt that is the case. Since Florida is not really a very good wrestling state.

Gets Fl rumors and suddenly bumped to 4 star. Amazing how that works. If a Cane lock this bump never occurs
The opposite happens.

1643424759728.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back