2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad we didnt get a commitment from him now. The Gators played this perfectly though. Oh well. The kid got what he wanted. Built up the buzz, and got the school he was waiting for. NEXT!..
Taking the OV before you even have an offer? I assume UF wants to get a good look at him before they pull the trigger.

Advertisement
Taking the OV before you even have an offer? I assume UF wants to get a good look at him before they pull the trigger.
True. Im hoping the kid is smarter than that. Hopefully he secured a verbal offer or something before going on a visit.

And lets call it now that the wrestling tournament sounds like a BS excuse now because hes going to Gainesville the whole weekend, No? Or is this just a Sunday visit?

Here's what he told the national Rivals reporter this morning:

As it always seems to happen, big last-minute developments pop up that can potentially rearrange a set course. For Pyburn, Florida could end up weighing in heavily after convincing him to take an official to Gainesville this weekend. Pyburn spoke about the developing relationship with the Gators’ new coaching staff.

"With the old staff, I had sent stuff to them but it was not passed along,” Pyburn said. “With the new staff, my film was put on their desk, and they evaluated me. They talked to my dad on Tuesday, and today coach (Billy) Napier called asking if I would come on an official this late. I will take the opportunity to do that.”

The distance between Pyburn’s The Bolles School in Jacksonville to Gainesville is little more than an hour and 15 minutes. Growing up a little more than an hour away from Florida’s campus, Pyburn explained what it means to have Florida in his recruiting process.

“It means a lot,” Pyburn shared. “Florida is a school I grew up loving. Florida has been a dream school since I was four years old. It is a pretty cool feeling.”

There is one catch to the Pyburn-Florida connection, the Gators have not offered yet.

“No, they have not offered yet,” Pyburn said. “Only one of their coaches has had eyes on me so far. They sent an assistant offensive line coach down on Wednesday to verify that I am the size and weight I claim to be. We’ll see what happens over the weekend.”

Pyburn knows Florida is recruiting him as a strongside defensive end, but there is more he wants to learn about the new staff and the overall program.

“I want to see how the new staff is looking to build up the program and the direction of the program,” Pyburn shared. “I want to see how they are in person and what Florida football is. I want to see the new staff and find out how they will develop this team into the future.”

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back